Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Question about Moderators

Could be a thread-killing tactic...could be evidence of an imbecilic, childish desire to gang-upon people who are discussing something you don't want to have discussed.

But it's pretty boorish either way when all one has to do to stop reading something that offends them is stop opening the thread. My opinion only, YMMV.

Lisa is gone so why keep this thread going? I think you accomplished your purpose. LET IT DIE...

I feel the need to comment on the "What is a PB" post.

Making fun of newbies is getting really old and it always seems to be the same people doing it. We were all new here once and asked the same questions. It's getting to the point that I feel uncomfortable here and I've been here for awhile, imagine what it feels like for someone who is coming here for the first few times with genuine questions. Let's all stop and think a little bit before we post. I know it's hard not to get caught up sometimes when everyone is being silly but there are sooo many other things to pick to be silly about rather than alienating someone.

Please, I'm asking nicely and respectfully.... stop.

Peace.

I have a feeling that Pnut was trying to move the thread back to the topic of the board. Not to make fun of new posters. I have never seen or hear her make fun or put down a new person in my life.

Woah Drew, I wasn't making fun of newbies. I was making fun of the Thread Killer Thread. Most of the people on there said that hearing the question, "What is a PB" is a thread killer for THEM. It was a joke about killing this thread.

If you'll have a peek at that thread, you will see that I myself asked people to stop making fun of people who arrive with sincere ignorance of what the band is all about. They are frightened when they encounter situations that noone prepared them for. I completely agree with you on that, and have never humiliated a new person for any question they may have.

PS.. The mood of this thread was getting so hateful and depressing that it was time to try and lighten that mood with a few laughs. I do not see that as being boorish, imbacilic, or childish. It was painful to watch and some people respond to pain with laughter.

It really is time to let things die down. I agree. The new folks are upset by all of this. Lets go spend time with them rather than focusing on one or two folks who are trying to deal with personal issues in public.

*hugs to all*

It would be so easy to say, who cares? Just walk away b/c my opinion is not going to have an impact. Well, I just can't do that. It's not who I am. I do take a stand for what I feel is right. I may not always be right, but I will uphold what I feel is true and just until someone convinces me otherwise. Trust me, my DH has convinced me to change my mind on many occasions. We communicate and look at each other's point of view. It makes our marriage stronger. Communication is the key. By posting this, it is my attempt to communicate in a respectful manner to things that concern me.

You know, this board does belongs to Alex and we should all be thankful. I have said it before, I don't know where I would be without LBT. However, without members, there is no LBT. I think we do have a right to express our concerns and share our thoughts regarding any member or mod. I think Alex would agree with me judging from some of the threads that have been allowed to carry on as long as they have. Alex seems to appreciate (IMO) sharing.

Trust is a HUGE factor in being a moderator. Don't get me wrong. Penni, I like you and always have and always will. I like Lisa too. This is not about sides. This is about putting faith in someone in authority. A mod is a person of authority. Would a school allow a principle to continue in his position (or a teacher for that matter) after breeching such trust? I think you should gracefully step down. You have shown integrity by sharing the truth. I URGE you to consider if people will REALLY feel your being fair after knowing you once used your power of authority to scam people offering support? Some may. I'm not that trusting myself. I think you should stay as a member b/c members are not held or should not be held to the same standards as a mod authority figure. I guess that is why I like Lisa so much. I would feel differently about the things she has to say if it were coming from a mod status. It would put an entire different swing on things.

For example, you posted the "warning" to LBT on 8-27 and a short time later a thread was started by PhotoNut thanking the mods. Hmmm....I can't help but think Susan knew exactly what was going on and that Lisa was being banned. You can deny it, but it's more about appearances. The trust is not there. Why in the world would Susan indicate winning a battle? Allow me to quote to avoid any confusion.

I cannot tell you how happy I was to see that post from Penni just now. Not because I feel any stupid petty battle has been won,

While I'm at it, I will send this concern to Alex, but why is Susan not banned for doing the VERY same thing that Lisa is banned for? Lisa was not banned AFTER your post or at least it was done before she had a clear opportunity to read your post. Susan was being very nasty to me not to mention many others even when Lisa wasn't around. Lisa had not been here for months for pete's sake. She was going nuts just seeing people support Lisa. Why? Does her self-worth depend on whether Lisa is here or not. I think it does b/c she does seem to showing better behavior lately. Mark my word, if someone does not address the issues with Photonut, this scene will repeat itself with another party. The proof is in the locked threads.....don't take my word for it. Take her words....read them yourself. She instigates and goes off crying when she gets it back. Like Lisa said, "You mess with the bull, your going to get the horns."

Now, back to my original point. It creates a great deal of concern when you moderate Lisa and suddenly start posting on the Gone For Good Club thread as if you had been a member. I've never seen you on there before until this broke loose. You clearly acted as if you were best friends with Susan. I clearly do not have an issue of being "best friends" with anyone, but when it comes on all the sudden in light of a scandal, it once again takes me down the road of trusting a mod.

I'm sorry this is so long. I wanted to share my thoughts before I was banned. If I am banned for saying what I feel and think, then so be it. I'm ready to move on. I stand firm on who I am and would love to continue to be part of the "good" LBT has to offer, but I'm ready to accept the consequences of my above words.

A coworker friendinspired me to look into a band as an alternate to bypass so ive been reading this drama silent over her shoulder for some time now but there are people here that make gaining knowledge fearful hence my name googled. Nothing ever got healtier by covering it with cheese so the diversion tactcis should stop so real issues can be resolved. Is this or not a place I can trust with people joking about dead pets and pbs and made up people that are supposed to care? I dont' agree with any of you involved because you have deceived friends and brush it under the rug pretending you are innocent and blaming on two same hands but at least respect the dead and let this problem be fixed.

Wow, here's an idea. Let's rehash everything one more time. Just incase noone spotted it the first fifty times.

Dislikes are dislikes, and none of this is constructive.