Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Question about Moderators

I agree with this completely and I, for one, don't need a group of people who've appointed themselves thread monitors/approvers/whatever diverting what I'm reading.

And, some of us actually DO get an email for every addition to a thread for which we've subscribed.

As has been stated many, many times on this board. Please, if you don't like the thread, you are not required to post on it, read it, believe it or approve of it, but you also have no right to come in and 'change the subject'.. if so, I would like to know who appointed you 'hall monitor' and censor??

Geez...

Could be a thread-killing tactic...could be evidence of an imbecilic, childish desire to gang-upon people who are discussing something you don't want to have discussed.

But it's pretty boorish either way when all one has to do to stop reading something that offends them is stop opening the thread. My opinion only, YMMV.

*sigh* i have so much i want to say, and so little space to say it. Psusan, you are obviously a second user account of someone who is trying to play games. You came about during this whole fight, and the psusan account was used to try and get a rise out of one of the two people Lisa is so upset with.

The information that Lisa has given everyone seems to be information that penni, according to her post, has already shared with Alex. I think this is now in his hands, and we must accept and respect the wishes of the board owner.

As for lisa's last post as fitter, I think there is a lot of anger and frustration that time spent away from the board will help. I hope that she finds the time to move away from the board and center herself. It does everyone some good. I enjoyed my time away and it did wonders for me. And I know that focusing on myself gave me time to reestablish my goals. I really do hope that you can do that.

As for Penni, thank you for sharing the information that you did. I will not comment on my thoughts and feelings on the subject because i do not think they belong here on the board, but I appreciate your honesty and candor without fingerpointing refreshing.

i guess i am sorry to those who were upset that a war was diffused by cheese talk. I was trying to make a bad situation go away. I will do now what all of us should do with this situation...let the mods and alex handle it.

I've never heard of a board that discusses the details of any corrective action, including banning, with its members. Ever. Few will even share with other board mods encountering problems with the same person. I would HOPE, as a user, that this type of information would not be shared. It's simply no one else's business, and I think a lot of people, if having found themselves in the same situation, would prefer things be kept behind the scenes.

From Penni's post:

"All I can say about being a Moderator is DO NOT have friends who are as explosive as Lisa while trying to do your job. I have called her on several occasions to talk about her posts. I have asked her on several occasions to NOT post something and she said “TOO LATE”. I have asked her to let things just go and she has said to me that she will post what she wants when she wants and isn’t backing down from a good fight no matter what."

Ok, at this point the moderators or Alex should lock this freaking thread-it is irresponsible not do so at this point.

Enough is enough.

PSusan -cute name what do you take us for complete idiots? You should be immedietly banned for this nasty take on another member's email name and real name. I am writing to the mods and owner to ban anyone who willingly & knowingly takes on someone else's real identity.

Supposedly Delarla or Sybil is gone and I had hopes she took the crap of posting behind fake names, broadly hinting about this and that but never coming out to say what your actually mean, rehashing crap and assigning blame then trying to prove your right when there are obviously from any sane point of view-2 sides to any story...with her when she left.

Dody stop polluting the entire LBT with your bring back delarla threads-what are you her mother? At the very least stick to this thread for your cause-"Bring back whoever" is not about the band-it is not about the band-I repeat this is Lapbandtalk and that thread was (everybody say it with me!) Not about the band.

Pnut-stop with the thread killers thing about stupid PB questions-it is insulting and condescending to newbies. When I look back on all my first questions I cringe-I cringe with experience. From what I have read of your writing since Feb. you usually share, are kind and are more patient. But.. regarding the stupid PB/newbie thing- have fun with something else please. It sounds mean spirited and I do not think you are mean spirited.

Penni-everyone is an asshole sometimes-This apparently was your shot. You have been a good moderator to me and frankly-thats all I care about.

The rest of you with the cheese stuph-it was not funny in this particular thread. Sometimes funny -today not funny. Thank you FunnyDuddies I know you just apologized and I accept that. I know you all were just trying to lighten things up but sometimes a thread is too dark and it comes out the wrong way.

Go back to talking about the Band-anybody remember the lapband????-Little belt around your innards keeping your stomach somewhat closed but apparently the same restriction hasn't reached your mouths.

Shut the f---k up about this stupidity. Try to recall the name of this message board. And may I add there is a Rant and Rave home for those of you who haven't found your way there- You are clogging up my email with garbage.

Sorry nurse, I don't follow. My quote about handling corrective matters privately, and Penni's quote about trying to handle an issue with Lisa privately (though using the medium of phone versus computer). I'm sure you're trying to say something, but I'm not following...

I feel like I've entered a time warp and somehow ended up back in high school.

What a load of crap this thread is.......why is it still open?

Wheetsin I think what nurse is saying here is Penni in her post just did what you said is not done here on the board she brought things out in public.

. I would HOPE, as a user, that this type of information would not be shared. It's simply no one else's business,
All I can say about being a Moderator is DO NOT have friends who are as explosive as Lisa while trying to do your job. I have called her on several occasions to talk about her posts. I have asked her on several occasions to NOT post something and she said “TOO LATE”. I have asked her to let things just go and she has said to me that she will post what she wants when she wants and isn’t backing down from a good fight no matter what.
As a moderator this should not of been made public either.

Correct me if Iam wrong here nurse in this is the point you were trying to make.

Dear Newbies,

If you are reading this thread, please do not be scared off of LBT. Do not be afraid to ask us questions about what a PB is or anything else. Most of us will do our best to answer your question in an honest and respectful manner. And, we will not then go to another thread and poke fun at you for asking said question. Most of us remember that at one time we too were newbies, still learning about the band and learning our way around LBT.

Next, please understand that "cheese" is not the solution to every problem that occurs in a thread. It is sad that when having meaningful discussions, whether they are heated or not, a select few must revert to the cheese thing to try and take focus off of the issue. As adults, we should be able to discuss any issues in a meaningful and respectful manner.

Newbies, again, please do not take this thread as a representation of all LBT members and posts. I personally have gained so much wonderful information from this board and support from all of the members that I will continue to recommend LBT to anyone I know of who has the band.

Go back to talking about the Band-anybody remember the lapband????-Little belt around your innards keeping your stomach somewhat closed but apparently the same restriction hasn't reached your mouths.

Sorry, I just need to add that I love this comment. :clap2:

The whole cheese thing has gone a little far. Not just by those who were discussing the cheese, but alsothose who didnt like it. People stopped posting about cheese, can we drop it already?

Also, just wanted to add that if you want a thread to not be noticed anymore, then posting on it to bump it to the top isnt going to help.

If people were really so tired of this thread, they'd just walk away. So here's another bump on a thread no one wants to read but just cant seem to stop posting on.

Reminds me of a bug zapper...

Nooo nooo, stay away from the light, stay aw- ZAP!

Wheetsin I think what nurse is saying here is Penni in her post just did what you said is not done here on the board she brought things out in public.

As a moderator this should not of been made public either.

Correct me if Iam wrong here nurse in this is the point you were trying to make.

I think it was made public so that Penni could get everything out. If anything would have been held back she would have been accused of not telling the whole story. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.