Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Just Can't Eat What I Know I Have To Eat To Break This Stall!

I was sleeved 3/24/11 and dud great for the first 6 months and then hit a freaking wall!! It took me 6 months to lose 60 and I was okay with that but I have been stuck since September and can't budge. Have actually gained about 5 pounds and not happy with myself.

I know that I should be eating more dense Protein but I have a hard time with it. It's amazing how your taste buds change. Have no desire to eat eggs and the thought of tuna fish makes me sick. Just can't do either of those anymore. I crave Chobani Greek yogurt with 1/4 c of granola and could eat that 3 times a day. Almost addicted to it. It's the only meal I get any satisfaction from these days.

I also crave sweets even just a taste. At least I can't eat a lot like I used to. Instead of 20 Dunkin Munchkins like before, I can be satisfied with 3. I treat myself once a week to my munchkins (not good I know but that can't be the only reason!)

I need my life to allow me to plan better meals and give me more time to walk and workout more. I have been doing Zumba 1-2 times a week and try to get a couple of good walks in too. I know I should do more but I need about 3 hours more per day. My commute to work and other crap eat up too much time.

I guess I already know my answers but I had to make myself accountable by putting it in writing!

Thanks for listening!

Start trying new things! Even if it is a bite off someones plate when out to dinner. You might be surprised at what dense Proteins you like! eggs and tuna were on my soft Protein list, dense to me is chicken, beef, pork. It has to be juicy though! You can do this!

I agree with MeMeMEE - try different kinds of Protein in different ways. For example, stir-fried marinated tofu with vegetables, TVP tacos, steamed whitefish with sesame Asian marinade, smoked ribs w/low-carb BBQ Sauce, etc. There's a lot out there! But it does need to be moist, so things cooked in a crockpot (like a chicken, game hen, roast, pork roast, Soups, etc.) are all good choices.

60 pds is a great weight loss, how about simply starting from the basics again? I think your sugar intake is hindering your weight loss, try more variety of Protein as the other ladies have suggested and counting your calories. My thoughts are you have came this far and only gained five pounds back. You are doing great, keep up the good work.

I think you may be psyching yourself out. You've recognized and admitted what your issues are, now you just have to deal with them. Posting here is a great first step! :) The quote I keep thinking about for you is "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right". You need to decide which you want more, to lose weight or to keep eating foods that don't help you lose weight. Once you make that decision, you can move forward. If you choose to lose weight, then you know you need to get back to basics and follow the plan. 70 grams of Protein per day, plus at least 64 oz of Water per day. It's as simple and as hard as "follow the plan".

This isn't a diet. It's a complete and total lifestyle change. You can have food that isn't strictly Protein as part of your normal diet, but you have to learn how to work it around getting in the necessities.

Start using some kind of food and exercise tracker. I like My Fitness Pal and I use that in combo with my Fit Bit. They tell me where I'm succeeding and where I'm failing on a daily basis. It's been a huge help to me when I slow down on losing weight. I also track my measurements and how my clothes fit so that I can see my progress, even if it isn't scale progress.

You will succeed. This is just a bump in the road. Get over the bump and move forward. The past is the past and you still have the perfect tool to reach your goal. You just have to decide how you're going to use that tool. :)

OH MY GOSH!!! sk8lady, this is my life exactly...sleeved 4-14-11, lost 64 lbs in 6 months and have been stuck less than one pound from onederland for 6 months!!! I thought I was the only one in this boat, but now I have a cruise mate!!

I know my problem. I am not working the sleeve like I did at first because I have lost 104 lbs from my highest weight, and at 64 years of age (today), I can really live the rest of my life like this. But I would also like to lose at least 20 more pounds.

Lissa is right. We just need to start working the sleeve like we did at first. Stress is a big trigger for me, and my stress level over the last year has been off the charts with no hope of relief in the near future.

Thank you so much for posting and letting me know I am not alone. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!

Here's to us...Kathe

Thank you everybody for your encouraging posts. I do know what I have to do. I also realize that the first 6 months wasn't really "work" at all and the pounds pretty much dropped off. Now that it has flowed, it is going to take planning and work. I just made a pot of turkey chili to have for meals this week....either lunch or dinner.

It has to be back to basics for me! Thank you again. Hopefully I will have good news to report soon!

I really pretty much slowed to a snail's pace at 6 months. I have struggled for the last 2 months with little weight loss. I do basically eat Protein, protein, and protein and have recently started eating veggies and some fruit. Recently I discovered I had lost 5 more lbs. Yayyyy! I would like to lose 3 more lbs. And then it's maintenance and the scares me. :)