Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

All of us know how easy it is to "eat like crazy", thats why where here. and especially with the anticipation of surgery. Really it's normal, not healthy, but normal. When do you have your surgery and where?

Hi Guys

Took a break after reading this stuff for school all day and have to get back at it tomorrow ,geeze feels already like I won't catch up:faint: . Anyway saw the Black Dahlia tonight and of course had popcorn. The movie SUCKED so badly , I was expecting it to be pretty good, but nope just crap!

Hey Neenagh good to hear from you...God you are 217? Skinny beotch! Good on ya. Now why does diet pop make one hungrier? I know I have heard it before but not sure why. God I remember being up all night and drinking 2 litres of diet coke to get through the night when i was delivering babies. Now I hardly touch it and I guess after my first fill on tuesday i guess I won't at all . So yogurt etc for lunches ? That wil be hard as some days I wil be there for 9 hours.what about fruit? can one eat fruit after a fill or is it too tough? When you have a fil, can you take pils normally ie wellbutrin, Vitamins etc or is it too tough? Oh Green I forgot, what is PB?

Okay i am going to get the laundry and get to bed soon. nightie night!:notagree

Kim

Morn'n Kim!

Awe that sucks! I was soooo looking forward to the "Black Dahlia". I am a suspense, true crime, nut!

What you can eat after a fill is totally a individual thing. Remember, that even after your first fill, even if your tighter, you may still need more fills. I wouldnt worry too much about it. Even now, I'm still trying to figure out what to eat for me. One day a tons, the next day barely nothing?:D

Hi Kim

I am a recovering diet coke addict.

The reason I've read, that diet pop makes you hungrier is, your body can not tell if you are ingesting real or artificial surgar. And when you drink it makes you crave more. I am sure some one else can add to this explanation.

I am suddenly drawing a blank on what the initials PB stand for but what it means is you got yourself a burp with cargo. LOL Oh yah, productive burp.

Somewhere on the main site someone has posted a sheet of information that they received from their doctor about fills. It is very interesting. It advises doing a liquid diet the day before, not eating after midnight in order that the stomach be empty. While you can drink lots of Water, and should in order to be well hydrated, the water should be room temperature. Cold water can alter the shape of stomach temporarily and thus the fill won't be as accurate or as effective. They suggest that after the fill you do a liquid diet for 24 hours in order to help your stomach out.

I found this post interesting as it all made sense to me. As for fruit, I guess bananas are the one fruit that is easy to chew up and digest. They are also supposed to be one of the healthiest things to eat on the planet. Too bad I can't stand 'em. Haha. Remember that you can also take juice boxes with you along with bottles of water. It's not exactly fine dining is it? Wah.

Neegah -

wow! You are doing great. Thanks for leading me to this thread. Today I am not that hungry (wonder why). Thanks alot!

All of us know how easy it is to "eat like crazy", thats why where here. and especially with the anticipation of surgery. Really it's normal, not healthy, but normal. When do you have your surgery and where?

Hi, Cloe,

Don't have a surgery date yet - just the pre op class. I think the reality is starting to settled in, and I have been drowning from all the info I have been saving from the internet and the book stores. Thanks for your comment. Hope you continue to do well!

Hi Guys

Took a break after reading this stuff for school all day and have to get back at it tomorrow ,geeze feels already like I won't catch up:faint: . Anyway saw the Black Dahlia tonight and of course had popcorn. The movie SUCKED so badly , I was expecting it to be pretty good, but nope just crap!

Hey Neenagh good to hear from you...God you are 217? Skinny beotch! Good on ya. Now why does diet pop make one hungrier? I know I have heard it before but not sure why. God I remember being up all night and drinking 2 litres of diet coke to get through the night when i was delivering babies. Now I hardly touch it and I guess after my first fill on tuesday i guess I won't at all . So yogurt etc for lunches ? That wil be hard as some days I wil be there for 9 hours.what about fruit? can one eat fruit after a fill or is it too tough? When you have a fil, can you take pils normally ie wellbutrin, Vitamins etc or is it too tough? Oh Green I forgot, what is PB?

Okay i am going to get the laundry and get to bed soon. nightie night!:notagree

Kim

Hi - diet Coke ( my salvation) is really bad as it is a "disphoriant." It lifts you up for the moment and then pulls you back down to lower where you were before drinking it. Odd, isn't it? All these chemicals in our bods. So I take Xanax to combat it (I think). Hope you are on a good journey. Amazing how this is such a learning experience!

Green,

You like beer? Lol, I only drank beeer to be a cheap date when i was a student in Kingston ( no, not a prisoner) and they were cheap then. I think 25 cents at the Tap room where our old alcy primeminister Sir john A used to drink! I don't drink much but since going south a few years ago, Ilove the tast of lime, so LCBO has a product called margarita ICe , oh man, GREAT! So koolaid type drinks for me and like I said before, two of them and I am the hapiest girl in the world. Funney isn't t, how some people drink and they become a real obnoxious sort and those that are less inhibited or whatever, but for me, the worl becomes a real good place to be.

Yup Cloe, Black Dahlia sucks big time, we couldn't believ it, BUT this friday comes out the new sean penn where I hear it is amazing and VERY Oscar worthy!

Geeze my fist fil is tomorrow and I am eating lamb tonight, so no to liquids today! I wil pretend I did not read Greeens email about fill advice, but I take it, nothing but liquid for 24 hours after...is that right?

I wil put the slim fast stuff in the fridge if that is true.

Leanie thanks for your diet coke advice, I had heard it wasn't a god thing for us period, but that doesn't stop peple it used to keep me awake for years while I had to stay up for 12 hour shifts at the hospital delivering babies, I heard it made you hungrier so thanks for the info. I hear though that we can't drink it after a fil cuz of soem sort of ful feeling or the gas released in your smaller gut so it can be painful..if that is right? Do any of you drink it after or have all stopped it? I am a pepsi girl anyway and the lime diet is the best! I could do a comercial for diet pepsi but can't dance liek michael Jackson and I like kids but I DON'T LIKE KIDs like he does! I could also do a commercial for TIDE, now that is good stuff! Don't I sound like Martha Stewart!!!

Okay Guys gotta love you and leave you, Green you working now, or off work? Should come back and join me at school...lol hey green this may sound weird but asa nurse I have councilled people etc and of course hear the intimate stuff etc and knwo that in the states there is a sex therapistprogram one can take there and be certified..but does Canada/ Ontario have anything, or any courses i could take? I was thinking maybe somethign in Anthroplogy while at York or I wonder if Psych has anything to do with same subject matter.

Anyway gotta go and pretend to be intelligent again.:)

Love you guys

Kim

I read somewhere on the main site that drinking anything with gas was bad for our new smaller stomachs. Gassy drinks can stretch the stomach. This has been why I have been drinking my daily couple of shot glasses of beer after they have gone flat. Oh yah, can't resist the beer when my mate brings home a can or two. I have also had chips over the weekend. I have been chewing them into a mush though. The truth is that I have been all out of tzatziki and I am really missing salt. This is why I chewed up some cold bacon today. Apart from these misdemeanors I have been sticking to the Soup and yogurt diet.

I don't know how one qualifies as a therapist, Kimmason, but now you've got me curious. And yep, I am still off work due to depression. I am thinking about early retirement now that I am starting to come out of 3.5 years of really deep depression. At the worst of it I couldn't even move! My mother died last year and left me some money which will provide a bit of an income, I am 57, and I am thinking that there are other things that I might like to do. I am kinda artsy. I paint and I like writing and I like the computer even though I am totally blonde! The mate is used to having me at home. So I am thinking retirement and taking courses in various things as well as getting back into the gym once I heal from the banding. I still haven't decided yet because I will be giving up a very good gig but I am leaning in the direction of early retirement. I think I want to learn knew stuff now that I am less depressed. (Maybe I can help Cloe with her lambing next time the sheepies are having babies. I've never done anything like that before.)

Good luck on your fill and liquids for the first day after, eh.

I also used to drink beer when I was in college in Kingston. It was cheap and it did the job. Now I have aquired a taste for wine....but lately, I have a sip of wine and Oh the heartburn!!!! It's time to move on....what is it Kim,.... Margarita Ice? Does it give you heartburn?

Oh, I love wine. I lived in France for a couple of years and got into the habit of drinking it with lunch and dinner. The guy I was living with knew his wines and he had fairly deep pockets and so I got to drink some fairly fabulous stuff. Now I see some of those bottles in Vintages and I moan for awhile. *sound of Green sobbing*