Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

still haven a problem

ok so if you my threads youl see that i am having a problem, i think it kidney stones i dont know im not a doctor but the other night i went to the hospital because i was in alot of pain i sat there for 12 hrs because they were packed, they took blood and urine and a chest xray, they told me i was ok to go home that i didnt have kidney stones that they thought it was something wrong with my band, but they day b4 i went to the hospital i went to the lap band doctor and she said nothing was wrong but thought i might have broncitis or amona but im not cougjing or do i have a fever, plus i think she would gave me meds if she really thougt i had tht,

my syptoms these pains come when ever they want to i seem to get them more at night b4 bed, i get a horrble pain on the left upper-mid back, very intense pain, they can last for hrs or mins, i try leaning to one side to try to see if it helps nothing really dose help, ANY1 ever have this kinda problem, because i dont think it is the band, i dont have a problem urinating or breathing just these horrible pains, these pains been here for 12 days, or so know wut they started the same night i had the horrble experance with the fill and the doctor pokeing around for a straight hour looking for the port, you can read about that in one of my threads it hink i want to share my experance is the name of it,:think

what should i do now i im at a loss

Your esophogus my be irritated and/or your band may be too tight. My band was overfilled (read my LBT journal if you want to know the story) for about 48 hours and I had a constant pain/pressure at my sternum, front and back. My pain was not anywhere near as severe as yours but having a fill on the same day this pain started sounds like big clue to me.

On the other hand, it may not be band related at all. I think, if I were you, I'd get an unfill and see if that resolved the problem. If not, you can rule it out and move on from there.

Sorry you're going through this. Let us know how you're doing.

sounds like gallbladder

It sounds like GallBladder to me, too. You could be having referred pain which explains why you feel it on your left side. You should talk to your regular doctor about this. Good luck!

doesn't to hurt to take in a deep breath, or to breath out deeply. Does hurt to bend toward that side when the pain is there, Doesn't hurt to arch my back at that level, Didn't hurt right after surgery it is new, i dont know about clapping my hands high over my head and in front of me without pain because i just try laying down and waitting for the pain to leave.right now i can twist my hips either direction, like wringing out a wash cloth, but agien i dont know about when the pain is there cuz i just lay down and wait for the pain to leave. this is a sharp well-defined area .it s not in a certain position and pretty much every day some morings and most nights, it does originate in the back and come around the side to the front, it right under the left breast area almost near the bottom of chest area

What about more of a musculo-skeletal problem like the muscles in between your ribs in that area or over your ribs? It could be a spasm. If it feels like it's more internal than that, you got me stumped since you've said you have no respiratory symptoms and your kidney's have tested negative. I would think if it's something stuck in the band, you'd be feeling it other places too. (but that's an assumption and everyone feels things differently)

If you think it might be the muscles that I've mentioned, you might want to check your Vitamin and mineral intake. Potassium deficiency can contribute to muscle spasms as well as dehydration (even mild dehydration). Watch your nutrition. Do some stretches, that helps loosen up the muscles and keep them less likely to spasm. Heating pads (but don't leave them on for longer than 20 minutes-puts you at risk for burns AND isn't theraputic after 20 min) helps to relax the muscle. I've heard wonderful things about those nice stick-on heat pads, but again remember they can burn and don't leave them on too long. Icy-Hot, good stuff and smells better than Ben-Gay.

Good Luck