Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Working Out And Increasing Calories ?!?

Ok if I'm only eating maybe 600-800 calories a day and when I workout I'm burning the same amount usually 600-800 calories should increase my calories if possible ? I don't wanna pass out or anything like that haha!!!

I would say yes, increase the calories. I use Myfitnesspal and when I put in my exercise it ups my calorie intake for the day in the calculation. Give it a try, I bet it kicks the weight loss into gear again,. especially with the exercising. Good luck!

My doctor said most people should stay within 800-1000 calories during the "losing phase" even with exercise, but if you're burning 600+, then yes, you probably should eat at least some of your exercise calories. I HATE how MFP automatically adds in exercise calories into your daily limit because I don't agree with that at all. I do think that we shouldn't completely zero out our calories (like eat 800 and burn 800), but I also don't think we should eat all our exercise calories (like MFP says if my goal is 800 and I add 600 exercise, then I can eat 1400 calories). However, I do think we should eat SOME of our exercise calories sometimes just to survive!! It's a trick to find the right balance, but you should definitely make sure you don't overdo it and pass out. Make sure you hydrate as you exercise & either have Protein as you exercise or right after too.

Thanks ladies I was thinking the same I haven't been eating all my exercise calories but have been eating about 200-300 more calories on the days I workout and prior to working out I usually have a Protein Shake so we shall see but I have to say I feel amazing now that I'm able to workout intensely !!!

I've just started to add in exercise as well and I was wondering this. I am between 600 and 800 as well... and that is with a Protein shake. Not sure how I could add much more right now, I still have a lot of restriction. So far I haven't had any issues being lightheaded or dizzy, etc. When I no I am going to exercise I drink half of my Protein Shake about 30 minutes before I go and then I sip it afterwards as well. So far it seems to be working :)

Next time I talk to my surgeon I'm going to ask him for a more specific plan.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 1 reply
      1. kezbeth

I may have to have gall bladder surgery during my weight loss surgery. Not thrilled about it either but do not want 2 recovery times. Just want it over with.

Thanks for your post. I may need to rethink my decision... :(

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches