Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gone for Good Club - August 2006

OK...from the list...

Here's what I see as my current issues:

1. You feel like you are making healthy food choices in appropriate portion sizes but getting hungry between meals?

2. You can still eat white bread, fibrous vegetables and large portions.

3. You are having to struggle to lose

Combine these sensations with steroids for RA and I gained back some of the weight I had lost. I cut back on all grazing, and unscheduled unweighed eating. I focused on Protein first, veg second and carbs last if at all. I lost 11lbs, but I still can eat chicken and broccoli and other heavy veg that most get stuck with. I can also eat large portions of chicken which really made me realize there was no restriction.

I'm going to print this out and keep it with me when I eat to consider what's going on as I eat.

Hey Funny,

I'm seriously considering the Colon Blow. I went to the website & died laughing from the great read. :P Is it for real? Does it really work? Do you feel.....uh....."cleaner"? hee, hee :rolleyes

YES it works. i feel hollow inside LOL

OK...from the list...

Here's what I see as my current issues:

1. You feel like you are making healthy food choices in appropriate portion sizes but getting hungry between meals?

2. You can still eat white bread, fibrous vegetables and large portions.

3. You are having to struggle to lose

Combine these sensations with steroids for RA and I gained back some of the weight I had lost. I cut back on all grazing, and unscheduled unweighed eating. I focused on Protein first, veg second and carbs last if at all. I lost 11lbs, but I still can eat chicken and broccoli and other heavy veg that most get stuck with. I can also eat large portions of chicken which really made me realize there was no restriction.

I'm going to print this out and keep it with me when I eat to consider what's going on as I eat.

have you tried the 6 meal a day diet? it is working really well for me, and i think telly is doing it too.

I can eat chicken and broccoli and Im glad about that. I can eat steak and roast beef too. I just cant eat tons of it.

After my second fill, I got stuck on broccoli - no pb just the golfball thing. My fill is all out now and Im losing weight and still feel restriction if I eat too fast. I'm good with that. :P

NSV-

Went to the store today, saw a cute outfit, they had size 16 and size 12....it was an outfit I could see wearing more this winter, so I bought the 12's thinking, hey this is a great way to get me losing weight so I can fit into this outfit. Got home, boyfriend wanted to see me in the outfit, I say no, its a size smaller than what I can wear. He says, just try it....so I do, and it fits!! Hardly no fat roll on top of the capris and the top looked great. WOW....made me happy happy!

I like the new guy. :P

WTG EmileeKaye! I wonder if I will EVER be a size 12 again. I find it impossible to believe. At 178, I'm in a 16W. I think at 165 I'll be into some 14's. Dare I hope for a 12?!!!!! With THIS butt? This BELLY?! Geez, it seems so far away. Thanks for the inspiration!!!!

Hey you tattoo wanting people! My son, dh and I own a shop in Bellingham Washington. I have nothing to show of his work. HE keeps asking and I still am strong to my word. NO not now! that opens the door for him to keep bugging me. SO if you are ever in Bellingham, Washington check out Sabbath Tattoo. I think he has a my space page. ! Just a little advertising.

NSV-He says, just try it....so I do, and it fits!!

I have broken out some really nice totally un-worn clothes from my closet and began sorting them into things I hope to fit into someday, and stuff I fit into now...figuring as I lose weight, store the fat guy stuff and bring out the new skinny me stuff.

My wife convinced me to try it on, and I found a lot of stuff to wear now...so the weight loss (47lbs) is a real difference even if I don't see it personally.

I was so happy I wanted to go for a jog and have a small serving of asparagus.

Congratulations!!! I am so happy to hear about your NSV and look forward to many more...now you lost that weight, go party like you deserve to.

I have to admit as I sit here wearing a LARGE T-shirt (note, note XXXXL, not XXXL, not XXL, not even XL, just "L") that there is nothing that makes you feel quite as good as an NSV.

Though the odd thing is the sheer disbelief when you pull it on thinking this won't fit.....

Hi all.....

Welcome 503. Your demented sense of humor will so fit in here.

P'nut...your link was so fantastic. Thanks for sharing that.

Congrats to all of you who are fitting into the small clothes. It really gives those of us in the beginning stages of this (just banded 8/16) some real encouragement. I was in Chico's today and felt like a giant load...couldn't wait to get out of there. But I'll really enjoy going in there in about a year, I figure.

No suggestions on my weekend challenges? I'm on liquids and have to go to two very big, very public parties. Do I duck out of the party when the sit down dinner occurs and run to my own house and heat up some Soup and then duck back in for the rest of the party? At the Bar-b-que I will just have to heat up the Soup, I guess. Any great coping suggestions (other than not going...)? I'm all ears. Well, unfortunately there's a belly and **s in there too...not to mention a thigh or two.

What's a colon blow and where do I get one? I want to feel hollow too.

Lyn