Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yoda's Jedi Journals (aka Yoda's Yammerin's)

Wow Yoda, I hope your knee clears up! Don't let the doc brush you off if there's no improvement. Can you brace it maybe? so you could keep exercising? Can he give you an rx for physio?

Hey Yoda, YOUR TICKER MOVED!!!!

Your sooooooooooooooooooo close to half-way!!!

OMG!!!

Hey Neenagh....she said to wait and see what it is like after the holidays and then they'll decide if physio is a good idea or not. (I hate physio....it was the bane of my existence when I broke my ankle).

Cloe...yes....it moved a measly pound!! LOL. Yup, almost half way...but YOU my friend......OMIGAWD....over 80 lbs and you had your surgery way after me!! That is soooo incredibly AWESOME!!!!!

I'm soooo afraid that things will be even more of a struggle for me now since the lack of exercise may cause a problem.

And.....Mr Yoda keeps gaining....he has gained 8 lbs in 3 weeks!!!!!! I feel sooooooo bad for him. *sigh*. He was doing so well (bandless, of course) and I soooo hope he isn't getting discouraged. I don't want my losses to make him feel bad. I mean, I know they don't and he is thrilled for me but lets face it; it must be frustrating as hell!!!!

I'll give him more lovin'!!!

Congrats on your loss, that is big news! Ithink the mental struggle will be easier once you pass 1/2 way. Good for you.

As for Mr Yoda. I can relate. My hubby used to lose weight easily and I was happy for him but it really made me mad. You will have to give him lots and lots and lots of extra love and support. Mine needs to lose about 75 pounds but is still of the mindset that it will be 'no problem'. I sure hope he is right. Warm fuzzy thoughts to both you and the mister.

Thanks Bandiva...

You know guys...if nothing else....Mr Yoda's struggle/experience makes me realize (as if I needed any more proof!) that the band really DOES work if you work with it. I mean.....though sometimes I'm up a pound, it always comes off with another extra....you know....so I can honestly say that I have "consistently" been losing over time (obvisouly....by my ticker).....and though it IS a struggle......it doesn't seem to be as much of a struggle for me as for Mr Yoda and yet I see more results....and MOST importantly I am not yo-yoing or gaining uncontrollably.......whereas look at him....he lost 25 and then gained 8 (in 3 weeks).....those days are over for me.

He'll be okay...he'll bounce back....especially with all love and support....it is the LEAST I can do for him.....as he has (and always has been) my biggest supporter in all things....I wouldn't be who I am today were it not for him popping into my life.

This is such a difficult time of year for weight issues. Once Christmas and New Years is over, it just seems like a refresh. Then is a good time to refocus.

You tell Mr. Yoda he's lovely 'as is', tis the season to try to relax, enjoy and appreciate one another, indulge in a little food and drink, and get lots of extra love'n.

Maybe the stress with Mama Yoda's health has caused him to gain those 8 lbs? And Christmas can be stressful, too.

Thanks Cloe (& I truly DO think he is perfect the way he is and do tell him all the time!).

Hmmmm Green...thank you....I never even considered that and you may be onto something there.....(I can't believe that I was that selfish that I never thought about that on my own)....thank you.

Okay...I've been banded for almost 8 months....I've read and read and done lots of reserach....before, during and after. So, I've heard of the dreaded projectile vomit coming from the pouch out of the mouth.....though I figured I was "too good" to ever experience it.

*sigh*. This morning ....just a few mins ago actually, I experienced it first hand. All in all, not so bad.....just kind of surprising...helllooooooooo!!

My Breakfast routine varies.....sometimes I'll have a Protein Drink, sometimes a bit of Cereal, other times nothing and I'll merely take a yogurt or oatmeal to work and have something there upon arrival. So, this morning I decided on cereal.....I thought I felt fine (ie. not too tight to eat). So, I had one (yes, just ONE) tiny spoonful (ie. baby spoon) of cereal and chewed chewed chewed. And I started to feel stuckish....so I thought....okay...odd, but okay...I guess I'm about to slime (that's what it felt like). So, I went to the bathroom sink and slimed a bit and then felt a big pressure/pain and thought "uh oh" ....more slime? Then BAM!!!!!! Projectile cereal (& god knows what else) came flying out!!! HOLY CRAP?!! The good news is that it brought IMMEDIATE relief. The other good news is that it didn't feel like normal vomit (pre-band)....like there was no big gag thing.....it just CAME.....so that was kewl (?).

The bad news? I guess really nothing other than that is happened. Not sure why it happened on such a teeny bite....but then again I'm learning not to question the wisdom of my band. Damn glad it happened at home though.....

Ironically, once it was "over" I merely sat down and finished my whole bowl of cereal; no problems.

Very strange.

But at least I'm not longer an "upchuck virgin". Not sure if that is a good thing or not!!!!

Just thought I'd share folks!

Ironically, once it was "over" I merely sat down and finished my whole bowl of cereal; no problems.

But at least I'm not longer an "upchuck virgin". Not sure if that is a good thing or not!!!!

..................LOL

sorry for your trouble

..................LOL

Alright Yoda, me and you gotta talk.

Remove your hair scrunchie, take out your contact lenses, remove you toe-nail polish, whatever you gotta do to rid a 1/2 pound. I can't take it!!!!!! 1/2 pound away from HALF WAY!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But Sat is my weigh day!! And trust me, I'm as nekkid as a jaybird when I weigh in!!! (not sure what a jaybird is...but I'm a nekkid one!).....

*sigh* I don't wanna be negative but I have a feeling I'm gonna be up on Sat......$%!$#^*&%$$#!#@.

But thanks for thinkin' of me!

Hey Saturday is 4 days ago......keep Lovin Mr. Yoda, I think he's feeling down..........that should work.:)