Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Last Meal Before Surgey?

I read on here but I can't recall the thread. A patient went to have her surgery in Mexico and the night before surgery her doctor allowed her to have a last meal of sorts. Is this something that is normal or was this just an exception?

I absolutely hate saying this, but I'd be so strict on pre-op and have a last day splurge while in Mexico.

LOL. Thats so funny because I'm scheduled for surgery tomorrow and im tempted to eat one more meal before taking the dive. I've been on Clear Liquids now for 4 days and I can barely see straight.

You do not want any food in your stomach when they cut into it. That would probably cause problems.

LOL. Thats so funny because I'm scheduled for surgery tomorrow and im tempted to eat one more meal before taking the dive. I've been on clear liquids now for 4 days and I can barely see straight.

might be too late for last meal if your getting operated tomarrow, but i went and hit all my favorite spots week up to my surgery. 24 hours before my surgery I went to favorite burger spot. but good luck tomarrow.

I had sushi the night before my surgery. I takes roughly 6 hours to empty ur stomach (unless u have gastroperesis) and since there is no rerouting of the intestines like in the bypass surgeries it should be okay. this is one of the reasons they say nothing by mouth after midnight. To give u that minimum of 6 hrs for stomach emptying. However I wouldn't go completely crazy eating and follow ur docs instructions!

night before surgery her doctor allowed her to have a last meal

ta 1020

Welllll, heres my confession, the week before I had my WLS, i had a few last meals :(

Got it out of my system :wacko: felt better, but pretty stupid after the fact.

Can't change the past, working on my continued successful future

kathy

My Dr. had me do liquids, Protein Drinks and Soup anything that was not solid for 24 hours before surgery. Guess they are all different on this too. Congrats on the surgery hope everything goes well!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 2 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches