Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How long did you wait to get out and about

I was banded on the 16th of this month and I have been taking it pretty easy for the most part just doing small things here and there. My recovery is going pretty smoothly but I have a bunch of small children and was out of food plus school is starting. So I had to go grocery shopping, by the time I got home I thought I was going to about die because now I have alot of pain in my stomach. I didnt really lift anything I made my older child do it for me. So, I wonder how long until I will be good enough to do things. I dont have much time until I have to run 3 kids around for school (only a couple days). Just the walking from shopping did me in.

It will continue to improve daily. Try not to do too many things at one time. Schedule rest time for yourself.:D Kind of like nap time for the kids.:wacko: Only for you.

As Jachut said, we're all different, but I found that in the first 10 days after surgery I was still bloated, tender and not able to move all that fast. By two weeks post-op, I truly was as right as rain.... At the first signs of pain, tiredness, ease up and you'll soon be back to normal.

Deana.

I think I went to the drugstore the day after I got home. I drove my mother 60 miles to the airport and back at one week. At 2 weeks, I took my luggage and got on an airplane to go back to work. We all heal differently and we all tolerate pain differently. My suggestion is to do as much walking as you can, increasing everyday. It really is the best healer. I hope you have a great banded experience!

Just listen to your body. I was still, on occasion, sore up until 3 months. You know the "twinge" of pains that you get every once in awhile. Also, sleeping on my stomach, wasn't always comfortable until after the 3rd month.

You are still in the recovery mode. Do what you can and ask for help.

Take care, Shawn

On the second day home I was able to mow the front yard, of course the mower moves on its own and I just had to guide it...That wore me out for the day...About on the 4th day I tried to get out and run some errands but ended up light headed and couldnt finish all of them...But by the end of the week I was back to work and felt normal and on my regular routine...Now everyone heals differently and at a different speed...I suggest trying to take it as easy as you can for atleast a week or more if you have the time away from work

I'm always so impressed with stories from people who bounced back so quickly -- mowing the lawn??! Good for you!! :wacko: I couldn't even walk for a couple of days!

I'm just over two weeks out, and I'm finally feeling my strength come back. My mom came over to take me to the grocery store about a week ago, and I truly thought I was going to faint in the store :embarassed: I was pale, shaky ... no fun!

But every day I'm stronger, so I echo what everyone is saying about just paying attention to your body and be gentle with yourself as you're healing. It's a journey, that's for sure.

Take care!

I didnt mow the lawn, but I was discharged from the hospital at 10:30am and by 11am, I was at Rooms to Go buying new chairs for my table. Then we headed back home. I took a nap for an hour, then we went and picked up my daughter from school and went to a Chinese place for dinner. I had the broth from the won ton Soup. Then we went to super Target and walked around it for about an hr and a half. Pretty much every day after that I have had about 2-4 hrs of walking around at the mall, store, ect.

I think all that walking really helped with any gas issues. I only had a little bit of gas pains.

But you have to listen to your body, not anyone else's.

I was determined to do anything that I could and move as much as possible to get all the gas out...I for sure didnt want any pain from that at all...Dont get me wrong, I was moving very slow and took my time at everything that I did...lol...It wasnt easy by a long shot

I will repeat what a few have said, listen to your gut feelings. I was walking around downtown Tijuana the next day after my surgery. I bounced back very easily. I never got tired, although I could tell I had the surgery. I drove myself home the day after my surgery also. So, once again, listen to your body. If you are tired, rest, if you aren't walk around and do normal things. Don't think you have to do more than you feel you should.

So feeling like crap 4 days out is normal? :lol I feel bloated and pukey and have gas trapped in my back, but my stomach doesn't hurt nearly as much as it did the first day or so.

How long before that gassy bloated feeling goes away?!