Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It has been 2 Years since the sleeve went in. I was 311 and today I am 168 and will never look back. I find that I chew my food until it becomes vapor, eat very slowly and stop as soon as I feel anything. By the way I eat all day long..... Love it Love it Love it. I call this success. I don't often come back to the website so I may not see the comments but for those who are interested this is the best thing you can do. My boss had it done as well but I believe he continues to stretch it and has stopped loosing weight and needs to loose more so you can cheat it if you want my method is working with excellent results. I went from size 50 to size 32-34 the skin is starting to respond some and tighening up but I would be in 32 on everything if it were not for the extra skin....

That is so encouraging to me. I am 7.5 months out and my weight bounces. Today feeling somewhat down but am working at bringing myself back up. I love my skinniness and wouldn't give it up for anything. I'm just stuck on those stupid #'s. Thank you so much for sharing. ;) You made me happy :).

Congrats Thinmint! Glad to hear your skin is tightening. I heard it can shrink for up to a year after your weight stablizes, Mine isn't terrible, but I'd like it to be better!

Lynda

Hi all, good to see these stories. I had my sleeve on January 18, 2011 with Dr. Jones at Park NIcollet. I weighed 257 and was a size 24 or 26. Now I am at 165 and can wear a size 12 in most things with about 15 more to goal weight. My life has totally changed! Though I worked full time and traveled alot for work, before I had to curtail most of my physical activities, use a cane and walker, drive carts in stores, and even needed a wheel chair at the airport for travel. Now I have my life back. I can do house work, shop for hours, run all over the airport, wear heels again and have tons of energy, and can wear clothes that I like again and find things that fit easily. At first I had alot of problems. My doctor required 10 days of liquid diet prior to surgery and I actually gained weight on that. Then weight loss was really slow and I was very frustrated as I have alot of arthritis and could not take ibuprofen until March. When I was able to take that again, everything changed. I was able to get moving and even though I didn't really exercise formally I started to lose more consistently. I have Chobani black cherry yogurt for Breakfast, 1% cottage cheese for lunch, other cheeses and/or almonds for a snack and meat and some potato and vegetable for dinner with a few squares of dark chocolate for a treat. I stick to about 1000 or 1100 calories per day and keep track on Fitness Pal. We do eat out alot and eat what I want but a whole lot less of it. I bring part of my food home or my husband and I split things or I order an appetizer or small plate sizes. I even treat myself to ice cream and triple cream cheeses and popcorn sometimes, but generally stick to Protein items rather than breads, sandwiches, pizza or pastas but generally keep snacking to an exception. So I don't feel deprived at all. I love the feeling of restriction as it helps me curtail my portions. I think the sleeve was the perfect solution for me as I am not diabetic and didn't want permanent malabsorbtion. I just hope I can maintain this. Anyone a couple of years out? I would love to hear what happens after 18 months and how you can maintain this over time.

AAAAMMMAAAAZZZING! Congrats!!!!!!!!