Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This Is Just So Frustrating! Doctor Selection....

My blog including my full surgery inside and out with dr. Ponce de leon is in my youtube channel my nick is BeautyVGSJourney

I just finished watching your surgery, Beauty :) my vlog on YouTube is "shesstrangelynormal"

For me the choice was easy. Dr Almanza never lost a patient, have over 1200 of these under his belt, I had no other issues and at 4500 it's what I could afford it. I couldn't be happier with my experience.

Good luck.

I don't think you can make a bad choice in Mexico. All of the doctors there have alot of experience! Remember just because a doctor charges more it doesn't mean he's better than the others. The price is really dependant on what the facility charges. I went to Dr Kelly and had a great experience, my sister and I booked together and got a great price. I'm sure we would have done fine with whoever we chose. I'm glad I didn't spend more than I needed to. Good Luck :)

I don't think you can make a bad choice in Mexico. All of the doctors there have alot of experience! Remember just because a doctor charges more it doesn't mean he's better than the others. The price is really dependant on what the facility charges. I went to Dr Kelly and had a great experience' date=' my sister and I booked together and got a great price. I'm sure we would have done fine with whoever we chose. I'm glad I didn't spend more than I needed to. Good Luck :)[/quote']

PASSPORT????

Omar at Dr. Kelly's office said I do not need a passport?? I just meed my birth certificate and drivers license. That doesn't sound right....does anyone have information about this?

According to Dr. Alvarez a birth certificate and license won't do. Susan, his assistant told me I must have a passport or passport card or I won't be able to cross back into the US . I would just go get it

According to Dr. Alvarez a birth certificate and license won't do. Susan' date=' his assistant told me I must have a passport or passport card or I won't be able to cross back into the US . I would just go get it[/quote']

So I could buy the card and pay the extra fee so I could receive the passport within 2 to 3 weeks.??

I didn't pay the fee to have it expedited and I got it in 10 days. Easy.

Cool StrangelyNormal, I will check yours out.

I had my passport, I heard people can come back with the driver license and birth certificate but I would not risk it. They can make you stay in Mexico or hold you up and lose your flight. I would get a passport or card if I was you.

Basically your crossing into American territory so Mexico won't hold you up. If you were born in the US and have a driver license and a birth certificate they won't deny your entrance. They typically don't deny citizens entry into their own country.

I wish I had known that before I spent $$$ on a passport lol.

My husband will be coming to Mexico in October and we won't be getting him a passport.

Basically your crossing into American territory so Mexico won't hold you up. If you were born in the US and have a driver license and a birth certificate they won't deny your entrance. They typically don't deny citizens entry into their own country.

I wish I had known that before I spent on a passport lol.

My husband will be coming to Mexico in October and we won't be getting him a passport.

Thank you all for the information. As you all probably remember this process is a little nerve wracking lol...and I am usually all about adventures!!!

Y'all are literally cracking me up. They can't make u stay in Mexico. What many people don't know is that by the time Ur there to show them Ur BC and DL Ur already on USA soil.they cannot do anything. Period. They can't tell a US citizen to leave the country. Ur already IN the US. My aunt and uncle go to mx for their medications every other month and don't have a passport

I was just saying what I was told. A while back when I went I had my license and they let me back, but all borders are different I guess? I got mine to be safe. I think it also depends how strict of a person you get when you pass.