Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This Is Just So Frustrating! Doctor Selection....

Has anyone here gone to Dr. Ismael Cabrera Garcia? I found him through Medical Tourism.< /p>

If I go to Dr. Garcia, and have a companion with me, do we have to stay at the recovery house or hotel?

The package provides you with a hotel room one night before surgery for you and your companion and two nights after you are released from the hospital for you both. My husband went with me and they provided him with a bed in my hospital room as well for the two nights there. There is no recovery house. The Marriott is amazing.

Has anyone here gone to Dr. Ismael Cabrera Garcia? I found him through Medical Tourism.

I have never heard of this doctor. I used Dr. Fernando Garcia. He is amazing.

The package provides you with a hotel room one night before surgery for you and your companion and two nights after you are released from the hospital for you both. My husband went with me and they provided him with a bed in my hospital room as well for the two nights there. There is no recovery house. The Marriott is amazing.

Thank you sooo much!! I truly appreciate all your help. BTW...how are you doing...feel ok? Losing?

I have never heard of this doctor. I used Dr. Fernando Garcia. He is amazing.

It is sort of strange, sounds like I am getting the same package you had, same hotel, same hospital and with Dr. Garcia. Different first names? Who was your coordinator?

It is sort of strange, sounds like I am getting the same package you had, same hotel, same hospital and with Dr. Garcia. Different first names? Who was your coordinator?

My coordinator was Linda from obesitysolutionsinternational.com. Dr. Cabrera is the anesthesiologist he uses (who is also amazing).

Thank you sooo much!! I truly appreciate all your help. BTW...how are you doing...feel ok? Losing?

No problem I am glad I can help. Yes I am doing great. Everyday gets easier and better for me. I have to make myself eat because I do not really get hungry. I started out with no hunger then came the head hunger for a couple of weeks but now I could take it or leave it. I have lost 31lbs since my surgery and it has been just shy of 4 weeks. I take dissolving B12 tablets which help with my energy, gummy vitamins, and calcium chews everyday. That is my Breakfast and evening snack lol. I am happy with my decision more each day.

I am seriously considering Dr. Garcia. I am going between him and Dr. Kelly. How much did you end up paying with Garcia and what was required deposit amt? I am looking at having surgery in December (that is what I would like to happen) but would love to schedule my date ASAP. I have to save up for this, dont want to get a loan if at all possible and its possible in the next 6 months, but I dont have a large amt to put down right now to schedule date.

My husband will be coming with me and I love that this takes care of hotel cost before and after and he will actually get a bed in the hospital room with me...that saves some expense right there. Others I looked at you had to pay your own hotel.

Thanks for any info -

Misty

I am seriously considering Dr. Garcia. I am going between him and Dr. Kelly. How much did you end up paying with Garcia and what was required deposit amt? I am looking at having surgery in December (that is what I would like to happen) but would love to schedule my date ASAP. I have to save up for this, dont want to get a loan if at all possible and its possible in the next 6 months, but I dont have a large amt to put down right now to schedule date.

My husband will be coming with me and I love that this takes care of hotel cost before and after and he will actually get a bed in the hospital room with me...that saves some expense right there. Others I looked at you had to pay your own hotel.

Thanks for any info -

Misty

The deposit they asked from me was $500 but you can schedule the surgery and let them know if and when you can make the deposit. Yes it does save money and gives peace of mind knowing all expenses are paid when you go. You won't be eating so that will not be an expense. The hotel provides you with broth, popsicles and bottled Water for free. Your husband will get a 15% discount on his food and drinks at the restaurant in the hotel. The cafeteria is wonderful in the hospital according to my husband. They take very good care of you and he was very satisfied with my care and his lol.

I just paid $5500.00 with Dr. Kelly and had a fabulous experience. He fits not make you pay anything until the day of surgery. He has his own coordinator and does not use a broker. Very easy and flexible to schedule with and only does 3 surgeries a day.

I also went with Dr Kelly & had a wonderful experience. You can read about it on my blog: http://njsharonjourney.blogspot.com/

You can take a guest with you & they will have their own bed in the hospital room with you. They can also share a hotel room with you afterwards. You have 2 days in the hospital & then 2 days in the hotel Lucerna (a beautiful hotel that I didn't want to leave!!).

The cost for me was $5500 & I had no deposit to pay, I just paid when I arrived in MX.

You can e-mail Omar, who works for Dr Kelly at wls-clinic@hotmail.com or call/text him at 619-395-5347.

Dr. Fernando Garcia is who I am going with. Glad to be hearing All the good feedback about him. I so badly want to prove everyone wrong about this decision. So stressed about it.....worried myself into developing a fever blister. Yikes!

Dr. Fernando Garcia is who I am going with. Glad to be hearing All the good feedback about him. I so badly want to prove everyone wrong about this decision. So stressed about it.....worried myself into developing a fever blister. Yikes!

It is the right decision I promise you and when you return you will have proved it to everyone. I would not change a thing. It is not an easy process but well worth the weight loss. Congratulations on your decision.

After months of research I'm going with Dr Francisco Gonzalez. He's with BajaMed Group. I don't want the experience of being herded through like cattle being tagged. I'm sure this is going to piss people off with me saying that. Google him. His records and achievements speak for themselves. No' date=' your not going to see his name plastered up on here BC he doesn't pay all of the tons of money on advertising and supporting these forums to promote his name. He doesn't need to. Period. I'm paying 6300 and have been on touch with my surgeons from the get-go. I'm also vlogging my entire experience at YouTube.com/shesstrangelynormal. Ultimately, if u wanna stand in line all day like cattle being tagged, go with someone else and pay 4500-5000. That's not for me. Ugh[/quote']

I have to tell you my experience with dr Kelly this weekend was FAR from being herded like cattle. Let me be clear on that. I've heard other dr's that do that but lets not group everyone in that. We arrived in San Diego at 10 pm and his wife cecy was waiting to pick us up. She drove us over the border and right to the Hospital. Waiting for us at the entrance was Dr Kelly, Omar his coordinator and dr Kelly's 7 year old son.

Our experience this weekend has been nothing short of amazing. We would do this over again in a heartbeat. We were invited to join dr Kelly and his family for his birthday dinner and had a wonderful time.

Comfortably Numb, you are so right. When I started this journey I checked out every one of these doctors and narrowed it down to a few. I chose Dr. Kelly because of my interactions with him, with his staff, etc. For about 3 months now, I've been in constant contact with him or Omar and I could not be happier. I feel like I am included with a big family! I've talked to dozens of people privately, previous patients, etc etc. Not one of them had anything negative to say about their experience with Dr. Kelly. The clincher for me was meeting a lovely lady who went to him with a friend, then went back to him for her own surgery, then referred her own family members to him! Honestly, that was the best referral info I could have gotten.

Many of these doctors are very good, and you can find positives and negatives about ALL of them. Yes there are some who do this surgery for a LOT cheaper (using recovery houses, etc) but honestly, that's what works for some people. If that's all they can afford and are willing to take the risk, then that is their decision. Sometimes that's the best someone can do.

I am scheduled for next week, and I'm scared and excited and having all of the expected emotions. But I'm still very happy with my choice of doctor. :)