Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Day 5 Of 14 Of The All Liquid Diet....

and I cant believe how well Im holding up!! I thought I wouldve been starving and pulling all my hair out by now.I dont want to talk too soon because I know I have 9 days left but I am so proud of what I have accomplished so far. My roommates have been eating all my faves this week and "aunt flo" is here bt I just simply go to my room and drink my shake and block it out!! I hope all the other pre-op dieters are doing good as well. :)

I hope I will do as well! Dreading that part more than anything! You go girl! Prayers for your upcoming surgery!

Thanks :) ...Youll be able to do it!! When is your surgery??

August 23rd. I'm gonna start liquids August 1st though to give my liver an extra week...but yeah, really really dreading it! Maybe if I didn't have to cook every night, it wouldn't be such a doom of death feeling!

Day 6 here, surgery June 4th. Truth is I'm sick of chocolate with Fiber from New Direction. I only have a few strawberry left. Luckily on Tuesday I can bring the variety pack and one of the chocolate boxes (14) of them and turn them in for the strawberry. I'm going to beg my son to pick me up a Muscle Milk banana Creme for dinner tonight. My husband and son have been good, today they had sandwiches for lunch and hid it from me. But tonight the guys are having one of my favorites, grilled chicken and pineapple. My stomach is grumbling a little more today than it has but I don't have that woozy headache anymore.

Downside: Three shakes a day - total calories 600, total Protein 80, total carbs 35 and about 1200 sodium and I haven't lost weight in two days. I spent 2 hours doing the gazelle yesterday and I walked 1-1/2 miles at a very very fast pace last evening before bed. I'm getting in all my Water.

I imagine I will end up with a huge drop one of these days. I can't believe I'm still 233. I'm a little upset that I'm not having my normal Memorial Weekend BBQ with my family, and though my brothers have no clue what I am doing, except that I am having hernia surgery on the 4th, I'm a little upset.

On the plus size, I went from a 4x and I bought 1x's from Woman Within and they fit and this is pre-surgery! Go me!

Today we cleaned the house from the top to the bottom, cleaned out closets, etc. and I will find ways to keep myself busy, pulling wallpaper off the kitchen, and washing the walls in there. I am starting to go through all my clothes now and put piles of 4x & 3x's and decide which go to Good Will, which will go to my doctor's office or friends.

Good luck Madison and we can get through this !!!

I'm not dying over this, but it's not easy, and I think it makes it harder knowing that my doctor is so strict and I'll spend 2 weeks after surgery on Clear Liquids and another

MGM, make sure you research flavors for shakes etc. 4-5 on liquids only.

What types of liquid are you allowed? I start mine in 2.5 weeks

August 23rd. I'm gonna start liquids August 1st though to give my liver an extra week...but yeah' date=' really really dreading it! Maybe if I didn't have to cook every night, it wouldn't be such a doom of death feeling![/quote']

Hi MGM im August 24 a day after you. I havent been told yet if I have to do a pre-op diet but want to try to do one anyway. Im totally relating to you having to cook every night!! How can I cook yummy food for my kids & then be content with a Protein shake :/

Weight no longer...I don't know who your dr is but the one I'm going to, his preop depends a lot on BMI. So I do have two weeks. I think I'll just try cooking things I'm not crazy about!

I'm on day 3 of my all liquid diet. My doctor requires only BariEssentials brand of Protein Meal Replacement shakes. I can have unlimited calorie free non-carbonated drinks as well as sugar free jell-o and popsicles. I've been able to trick up the chocolate flavor to taste similar to a Frosty. I have not been able to do as well with the vanilla. The shakes are just too thin and loose. I don't really care for them.

I've been peeing like crazy, and I have lost 7 lbs so I'm really excited about that! I was really worried about the weekend and holiday but so far so good. I really haven't been hungry much at all. I'm hoping that means I'm getting used to it but something tells me this is going to get tougher not easier.

My surgery is scheduled for June 7th. I have 10 days to go after today. Its so crazy to me that its almost here!!

Good luck to everyone! I hope you're as excited as I am!

I think the first few days were the roughest, it seems to be getting easier Butterfly so I hope that's some help that a few days down the road it won't be so bad.

Our pre-liquid is the same, but I'm on New Directions (which is the same, just a different name).

I added you to our June Sleevers Compilation - Good Luck & Well Wishes thread of all the June sleevers that I have been able to find which in the 2012 - June 2012 Sleevers section located here: http://www.verticalsleevetalk.com/topic/39508-june-sleevers-compilation-good-luck-well-wishes/

Wow 3 weeks?? Thats really good!! Ure going to drop the weight like that!! *snaps fingers* Good luck!! @MGM

Keep up the good work MIna!!! The numbers will drop eventually :) .Losing the inches looks even better than numbers sometimes :) .I told myself Im going to weigh myself every tuesday and its sooo hard not to pull that bad boy out!! Im planning on kicking up the gym this upcoming weeks now that my cramping is gone.Yes,we'll get through this last week. *crosses fingers* lol @Mina

Im allowed Clear liquids.Basically Water,Protein drinks, broth and Jello. Have you tried any shakes out yet?? @Looking Ahead

Youre doing great!! Yes, Ive been going to the bathroom nonstop too. I live on the third floor and the bathroom is on the 2nd so I figure Im getting exercise too by keep going up/down the flights.lol...Like mina said its not a walk in the park but it def gets easier.Time is flying and June will be here before you know it. Keep up the good work!! @Butterfly

I hear ya. I'm on your boat too lol. I'm trying to stay busy. I did t even go out tonight to stay away from the craves lol WE GOT THIS!! 9 more days till Surgery Day!!!

I hear ya. I'm on your boat too lol. I'm trying to stay busy. I did t even go out tonight to stay away from the craves lol WE GOT THIS!! 9 more days till Surgery Day!!!

*High 5s* :)

I was on my pre op liquid diet for 30 days due to a high bmi.. I lost 51 pounds on it.. If I could do it anyone can... I just told myself that I was not gonna go down there and have them tell me they can't do the surgery because my liver didn't shrink enough... remember that is possiable for them to tell you that.. that is what kept me motivated... and the bad part is they won't know until they cut into you.

Thanks kb,

I am comfortable and have no fears that my liver won't be fine since I'm on the two week liquid diet. I had been on a six month pre-approval diet phase diet of low carb (45-75gms ) and high Protein (80gm) and getting about 800-1000 calories a day for that period where my average loss was 8 - 10 pounds a month.

I feel as though I'm not going to end up with the huge pre-op shake loss of 15-20 pounds like others have had, but I'm glad to know I can handle the high Protein low carb diet once I advance to solids in about 2 months lol.

These pre-op shakes are only averaging 200-400 calories less than the last six months and an average of about 15-20 less carbs.

I suppose I shouldn't be concerned with the weight loss during this phase, though since I'm not eating solids, mentally it would be nice to see a bigger drop in the scale. I feel like I deserve some sort of payback for having to drink three liquid shakes that are starting to remind me of drinking sticky chocolate flavored Elmers glue.