Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeved 5-21 And No Problems ?

k so i was sleeved on monday and other than really hungry for 2 days (now gone) ..slight pulling on my stomach from where tehy took out my stomach (now gone) ..really dry mouth for a day ( gone) i have really nothing else..i can turn in bed i have no pulling or havent needed pain meds im concerned because its as if i never even had the surgery..i havent thrown up but just after surgery and that was blood that was in my stomach from the op..and yesterday i was drinking pretty fast and not sips i was drinking quite a bit and had no need to throw up at all...i know people handle surgery differently just tell me im doing good and that somethings not wrong here..i havent eaten much so i guess its working i dont know

I was sleeved on Monday also. I still have this awful pain in the middle of my chest-stomach like cramps. I was told by others it was just gas but I'm beginning to get worried that it may be something else!! Except for that, everything else is ok. I can hear when I drink, the sound of the liquid sliding down my sleeve. It is weird!! Glad you are doing so awesome!! Congratulations:)

i was told the pain could be a couple things..acid reflux or gas ...u did get put on a acid reflux med right and is it getting better and better each day or the same?

As you said, everyone is different! I had my surgery on May 14th and didn't need any pain meds after day 2. I have slight pulling when I turn the wrong way, but I can roll around in bed without problem. Also no throwing up for me (not even once!) and I'm getting much much better at drinking too. I don't chug the way I used to, but I can take several reasonably-sized mouthfuls one after the other and no real discomfort or pain during or after.

I'm starting to introduce thinned out cream of wheat, so that might give me a better idea what my stomach size is. And I've had some "hunger" that was really more like pain from too much acid, that was resolved by eating a bite or two, or having a drink. I do take 2 omaprazole capsules every night to help control acid.

So if you wanted to hear about someone else who's doing pretty well (even if it's a bit further along than you), you got me!

I had that weird cramp-like pain also, though mostly after I drank something. It's fully gone now and I think it might have been from having a very swollen stomach right after surgery that was cramping when liquids went into it. Swelling and the cramp pain seem to have resolved about 4-5 days ago (7-8 days after surgery) for me. Everyone's different and at the time, I was worried it was a leak! Or that it was going to be like that forever.....but now it's gone and I am VERY relieved and much happier when drinking and eating my thinned out thicker liquids.

i was told the pain could be a couple things..acid reflux or gas ...u did get put on a acid reflux med right and is it getting better and better each day or the same?

I was put on 30 mg of previcid and I take gas X. What kind of meds are you taking?? I keep thinking it is getting better but it isn't really.

I had that weird cramp-like pain also, though mostly after I drank something. It's fully gone now and I think it might have been from having a very swollen stomach right after surgery that was cramping when liquids went into it. Swelling and the cramp pain seem to have resolved about 4-5 days ago (7-8 days after surgery) for me. Everyone's different and at the time, I was worried it was a leak! Or that it was going to be like that forever.....but now it's gone and I am VERY relieved and much happier when drinking and eating my thinned out thicker liquids.

Thanks. I was thinking about a leak too cause the pain is so horried!! I was told that I was very swollen after surgery. I sure hope it goes away. It feels just like a CRAMP. Last for about 5 seconds and then gone. It hurts alot. I will be relieved when it goes away.

I'm 12 days out from surgery & haven't had any problems. I've had very little pain. I can't chug liquid, but don't have any issues if I go slow. I'm getting in all my liquid & Protein most days. I'm still walking slower than I did before surgery, but I'm moving more each day and feeling better each day. I'm tired, but I go to bed early and take a nap if I need to so my body can heal. I have not had any real problems and hope I never do. Everyone is different, but not having any issues is just as normal as those who do have issues.

I guess we are the unlucky ones.

I had a bad infection after surgery in my main incision just home yesterday. The Drs ran more test to check for leak but was told if I had one I would be DEATHLY Ill! There would be no question! So they knew to focus elsewhere. I'm 8 days post op and finally eating!

My sleeve buddy- you are describing me exactly! If I hadn't seen the baby stomach I wouldn't have known-- except when I hit my full mark I hiccup now. I have like no 'real' restriction feeling, I drink loads of Water and get my Protein in fine. My NUT said I'm just doing everything good. You are too! No worries

k so i was sleeved on monday and other than really hungry for 2 days (now gone) ..slight pulling on my stomach from where tehy took out my stomach (now gone) ..really dry mouth for a day ( gone) i have really nothing else..i can turn in bed i have no pulling or havent needed pain meds im concerned because its as if i never even had the surgery..i havent thrown up but just after surgery and that was blood that was in my stomach from the op..and yesterday i was drinking pretty fast and not sips i was drinking quite a bit and had no need to throw up at all...i know people handle surgery differently just tell me im doing good and that somethings not wrong here..i havent eaten much so i guess its working i dont know

Hey sleeve buddy! I was also sleeved Monday. No real probs. can drink fine, getting in my Protein, etc. sort of also feeling like I wasn't sleeved...other than being sort of bummed out that I can't eat whatever I want :( I'm supposed to wait until day 10 for Vitamins, so all I'm taking right now is the acid granules my dr gave me. Good luck!

Sounds like you are doing great. I had some mildly annoying gas pains the first 2 or 3 days, but after that everything has been easy. I couldn't feel any evidence of the surgery either until the first time I swallowed 3 big mouthfuls of cold milk. Felt waterlogged immediately.

Once you start eating food you will definitely feel the restriction. I ate 4 ounces of egg salad this afternoon and I was stuffed. 6 weeks ago I could eat a footlong from subway, plus the chips, large coke and 3 Cookies with no problem.

Follow the plan and everything will continue to go great for you.