Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello Idaho Folks

I am just going to throw in one caveat.

If you try and force me to go to an italian restaurant I'll whine like a whipped.... dawg.

I will eat fish, big lumps of meat. I'm wary of mexican (too damn good), Italian (to damn good while being desperately bad), and chinese (too damn good with enough salt and MSG to give an instant heart attack).

I'll do steak and fish places though. Without hesitation.

Well Dawg--

You'll be happy to know that Applebees has a few WW choices on their menu. One of them is kabobs--steak, shrimp or a combo, with rice (I sub potatoes) and broccoli. It's quite tasty and filling!

Applebees is definately not Italian. I actually do ok at Italian restaurants, but the mexican ones do me in! I don't like one healthy thing on the menu. Hmmmm...maybe that's because there are no healthy choices on the menu!

Wanna share my SlimFast??? LOL....I'm trying to get off my last few pounds before surgery on Sept. 11th. After I get done with that and am back on food, I'd love to meet all of you! You're all so encouraging!

I can probably handle applebees (f that was already stated I missed it - heh).

I've never eaten there but I'll give anything culinary a whirl once. I'm also trying to get in the habit of ignoring the menu and just ordering "on the fly".

As for joining in the slim fast... I'll pass on that one Cheryl. I guzzle those things in about 3 seconds flat. I could easily get fat on em.

Hey IdahoBeauty, you should come with us to the next support group. There are usually a lot of people there who haven't been banded yet and they give them time to ask questions about the band. I think you'd enjoy it.

Hi Cheryl :wave: You can have all the fresh veggies you want, right? You can come to dinner with us and have a nice salad. :)

I think a salad will be off limits to Cheryl because she is having her surgery on the 11th and dinner and support group is on the 12th. Actually, that's really exciting for you. I'm sure you can't wait.

Dawg - I don't know if I would use the words "culinary" and "Applebees" in the same sentence. :D

Dawg - I don't know if I would use the words "culinary" and "Applebees" in the same sentence. :D

Well possibly not, however I originally was going to state "I'll try anything once" but thats a lie.

I won't try some things, even once. I could give a list but... but I don't have that much energy or inclination.

Besides, it's not about the food, its about the company. In my case - bad company. Heh, now I want to put Bad Company on.

I think I will.

Yeppers---the 11th is the day. If it changes again....errrrr....I can't even think about that. But I've lost close to 30 lbs. so I hope that's gonna be enough for the Dr.!

Quick! Put on a sweatsuit and go sit in the sauna! *laughs*

I'm sure you'll be fine. Thirty pounds is LOT to lose on your own. Grats on that!

OK! checking the calendar, I think it may have to be Oct. before coming to IDAHO! the only weekend open in September is Sept 15 & 16. Some day I will have some free weekends! I think! If that weekend works for you all, let me know or I'll have to wait till October.

I'll be here on the 15th but I'll be winging my way to NC on the 16th. :)

October sounds like the plan to aim for. So let's pick a weekend and get it on our calendars! We can always have a cookout at someone's house. Mine would be fine if its still fairly nice outside.