Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr Kelly Is Wonderful! Sleeved 5/10 & No Pain!

Hi everyone. Here I sit at the beautiful lucerna hotel in Tijuana mexico!

I cannot say enough good things about Dr Kelly, his wife Cecy & Omar.

Cecy picked me up from Sand Diego airport in a WLSC (weight loss surgery center) van, easy to get across the border. But first she took me on a little tour of downtown San Diego! Stopped to take my photo a couple of times which was nice. Beautiful area.

Then across the border & stopped to get bloodwork & urine sample (so don't pee at the airport!). Easy to do. Then off to Oasis Hospital where I met Dr Kelly & Omar. Both speak fluent & very good English!

Process went very quickly. Got undressed & into a gown, took x-rays of chest area, then off to surgery! One minute I was laying on the table, next minute I was waking up in my room! Woke up with abolutely NO PAIN! I had no gas pain from the moment I woke up & still don't! Just some mild nausea.

Dr Kelly said the surgery took 41 minutes & why he tries to do it quickly is so you have less gas. Well it definitely showed!

The next couple of days consisted of me sleeping off & on, getting vital stats done & having my IV bag changed. I think I had 6 lots of Water they put into me altogether.

Today they changed my incisions dressings, took IV out of me & off we went to do the swallow test. Everyone said it tastes horrible, so was prepared for that. It wasn't bad at all. You also drink it in one lot, not sips. So you hardly taste it.

Swallow test went great too!

Now Omar, cecy & Dr Kelly all dropped me off at the Lucerna hotel & I have an amazing view of the pool, really pretty.

Oh & they gave me a bag that says "I left my stomach in Tijuana, MX" filled with drinks & teas for me. They also gave me 3 types of medication. One for pain, one antibiotic & one for my stomach.

Now I am relaxing until they pick me up later & we all go for broth. Can't wait!

So doing amazing. Really recommend Dr Kelly & if you have any questions just ask!

Hi Sharon!! I have been so excited to hear from you!! Waiting anxiously! :) Glad to hear it went well! I told Omar to tell you hi for me!!!

Congrats!!!!!

So glad you are having such an easy recovery! :) Keep us updated!

So glad you are having such an easy recovery! :) Keep us updated!

Hi Sharon!! I have been so excited to hear from you!! Waiting anxiously! :) Glad to hear it went well! I told Omar to tell you hi for me!!! Congrats!!!!!

Yes, Omar told me you were asking about me. Thank you! Omar has been so nice.

I am just totally amazed at how good I feel! I wish everyone had such an easy time as me!

Just knowing your experience has been so good is gonna help me focus on the positive!!!! Thank you!!!

I absolutely love hearing everyone's post-op reports! I'm glad everything went well! I'm just at 31 days from leaving for Tijuana and finally bought my airline ticket this afternoon! Glad to hear everything went well!

Keep us updated!

Sounds great Sharon! I had a great recovery too. I'm so glad you are feeling so great. Tonsils are worse huh? Keep hydrated and keep up posted.

Welcome to the loser's bench! Your story sounds amazing!!! :)

Sounds great Sharon! I had a great recovery too. I'm so glad you are feeling so great. Tonsils are worse huh? Keep hydrated and keep up posted.

Oh yes, tonsillectomy that I had this past march was like 10 times worse as far as pain goes. I was in such horrendous pain with that & no pain whatsoever with this!

Thanks Swimmer! ;)

Congratulations!!!!

So excited for you! Write all you can remember as I will be going there in August. So glad you are doing so great!

They gave me teas too... camomile tea, lemon tea & some splendas. Having a lemon tea right now with one splenda & it soooo good. So may pick up some more of them!

How is it going down Sharon? Does it hurt to swallow?

How is it going down Sharon? Does it hurt to swallow?

They gave me 2 bottles of Vitamin Water & Omar told me that is the best to drink, better than gatorade, as it has all the Vitamins in it. But that felt a little uncomfortable when i drank it. Not bad or hurt, just felt a bit weird, like it was sitting on top of my tummy.

The lemon tea is going down really smoothly though. Had about 1/2 small mug of it so far.

The room at the lucerna has a coffee maker, so the first thing Omar did was fill that up with Water for me & put it on, so I would have hot water for broth & teas.

Oh & I found concentrated liquid chicken stock packets. They are really small & make 1 cup. So will use those for stock tomorrow probably. But those might be handy to bring.

They have 2 small mugs & 2 small glasses in the room too.