Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Bandsters

I just have to jump in here and say I have thoroughly enjoyed reading the last couple of days (I've been working.) It is so refreshing to hear from a group of gals with such a wonderfully sublime sense of humor...and to realize I am not alone in my love/hate affair with my scale. It really helps me to realize I am not alone (or weird) in regards to the whole weight loss issue. Yes, I weigh once or more a day, no I haven't lost anything of substance, I still struggle to eat the right amount...at the right times, etc. You guys keep me grounded and sane :)

Weigh in and fill tomorrow...I'm keeping my fingers crossed and my sense of humor!

Hi all,

I've been out of the loop since before Christmas, but the Holidays are over and I'm ready to get serious! (I kinda dropped the Xmas challenge ball) So is it MimIn running this challenge? Count me in! (a week or two late, sorry) I'm starting at 241 for the week of 1-8-07. Thanks to MoM for the Christmas Challenge!

I've lost some according to my scale, but I'm going to the doctor's after work for an official weight. Then I'll come directly home and adjust my scale to his.

I think it's the exercise that really makes the difference (even though I really, really hate it).

I didn't think i'd lose a single pound this week but my trusty scale came through, down 2lbs as of this morning.

I had a NSV today that really made me take notice. I went to use the tricep press at the gym, sat down and started pushing down and realized the handles were turned in and I was clearing my hips with inches to spare. For as long as I can remember I have always had to turn the handles out or I'd never be able to push past my huge hips!

Hi everyone.....I am down 2 pounds this week

MimIN...Congratulations on your new slim hips.

No scale change this week. Had a birthday and ate out last night- salty shrimp and crab. Here's hoping for next week!!

No change for me either.

I had a good NSV last Thursday though. The exercise physiologist measured me for the first time since before the band and she told me that I had lost 35 inches and with the weight I've lost, it is like I lost a toddler. I got to thinking about the darling 4 yr. old in my life and she weighs 33 lbs. and is about 36 inches tall. My gosh... I was carrying around a small child all the time. No wonder my knees are shot!

No change for me this week - althou - a NSV - the size 14 pants I bought three weeks ago are getting loose in the hips/butt! Holy cow!!

I'm down 5 lbs this week :( !! I just finished my TOM, so I'm sure that helped. I only exercised two days, though, so I'll have to get in an extra one this week!

Love those NSVs! I had one last night. I have a very cushy, pillow-top mattress. I realized last night that I can roll over without sort of lifting myself up out of the dip! That's kinda hard to explain, but it meant a lot to me.

gonnabethin, Happy Birthday! Hope your best gift is a nice drop next week!

(edit) I just cancelled my fill appointment for tomorrow. I'm very happy with where I am right now, and as long as I continue to lose, I'm gonna stay here. I even tested 'er out with steak yesterday, with no problem.

Tami

1/6

No exercise

B: 1 c. Kashi; 1/2 c. 1% milk; coffee w/LF Creamora and S&L

L: Jim & Nicks: 3 oz. (or so) BBQ chicken, dark; 1/4 c. collards; 1/4 c. pintos

D: Classic Joes: 3-4 oz. Tilapia; 1/4 c. asparagus; 2-3 bites cheese grits; 3 gl. white wine

S: Starbucks grande SF, NF latte

1/7

No exercise

B: 1 c. Kashi; 1/2 c. 1% milk; coffee w/LF Creamora and S&L

L: 3 oz. steak, 1/2 sm. sweet potato; 1/4 c. or so Caesar salad; 1/2 c. split pea soup; 2-3 bites cheese cake

D: 1/4 c. Caesar salad; 3/4 c. split pea Soup

S: NF, SF yogurt

gonnabethin..Happy Birthday.

BJean...Congratulations on them measurements. WOW. I never took my before measurements, now I wish I would have.

TruBlueSue...Size 14's that are baggy. WOW. That is one of my mini goals, that and getting under 200. Congratulations.

TamifromAL...You always have awesome results for the challenges, you are definately an inspiration to me since you had your surgery on the same date as I did. I remember in the beginning when we were both at 40lbs lost, now you have ran away from me since then. Again, you are an inspiration.

Great going ladies on all your scale and non scale victories!

Gonnabethin: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! :happybday2:

BJean: 35 INCHES! That is amazing! that is almost 3 feet GONE FOREVER! Congrats! my trainer took my measurements when I first started working out but haven't taken them since, now I am curious...

Sue: You'll be moving into 12's in no time!

And there goes Tami taking off like a rocket from the gate! Your metabolism is kickin', I'm envious!

April: I have added you to the list!

:::offtopic::: Has anyone here contimplated or planned on some kind of plastic surgery in the future? For the majority of my teens throughout present day I have wanted breast augmentation and now that I've shed a little over 60lbs and am within 20lbs of my first goal and I am getting serious about it. So much so that I have a consulation tomorrow. I really had not planned on having the surgery until June as a bday present to myself but the surgeon that has come highly recommended by a couple friends of mine is running a special of $1000 off if surgery is completed by the end of March. I'm a cheap a$$ and if I can save money I'm interested. Realistically I should wait but I feel great and if I had lost the weight without the aid of the band I'd probably go for it.

Since everyone here had surgery right around the same time I am turning to you for advice:) I don't have any doubts per say but should I wait? I have 2 friends that have both had the procedure and they're telling me to go for it however they really don't understand how my situation is different then theirs and I want honest opinions from likeminded individuals.

Laurigee, thanks! I'm motivated by competition, for some reason. My hubby has been dieting right along with me since September. He's doing Slim Fast (2 SF/day, plus one "lean and green" meal). His weight loss has been amazing (I swear he's just trying to show me up! :mmph: ) But, this morning, I passed him on the scale! :whoo: So, I'm not only competing against all of you guys, I've got a competiton going on at home, *and* I joined the Discovery Channel's National Body Challenge http://health.discovery.com/BodyChallenge/index.jsp

I'm not following their diet, but they have some tools that are helpful, plus, if you have a Bally's Fitness near you, you get an 8-week free membership!

Mim, I had extensive plastic surgery about 10-12 years ago, after losing 100 lbs. Unfortunately, after re-gaining even more and now losing it again, everything is droopy once again. :( I don't know whether I'll want to go through all of it again, but I'm definitely going to get the girls worked on. But, for me, I'll wait until I reach goal *and* maintain for a while. I know the statistics for keeping the weight off is much better with the band, but I want to make *sure* I'm gonna keep off the weight before any more plastic surgery.

Tami

Loss of 1 lb this week, gotta get that damn fill. Too slow for me!

Mim As for the twins? Sure am gonna have it done as soon as goal has been reached. However If I could save a bit of moola, I'd do it now.

Wow! This is a long thread with a lot of information on it! First, Tami, I didn't get the picture of the horefrost before it went a way. I thought about sending a picture of my ex-daughter-in-law, since she fits the 2nd definition, but thought better of it. It is suppose to snow on Friday, maybe I can get out the camera then. I really want all you Southern gals to see how beautiful winter can be. Also, I can't believe how fast you can lose weight. Way to go!

Wow! This is a long thread with a lot of information on it! First, Tami, I didn't get the picture of the horefrost before it went a way. I thought about sending a picture of my ex-daughter-in-law, since she fits the 2nd definition, but thought better of it. It is suppose to snow on Friday, maybe I can get out the camera then. I really want all you Southern gals to see how beautiful winter can be. Also, I can't believe how fast you can lose weight. Way to go!

MimIn: Thanks for doing the challenge. Congratulatons on your NSV. I lost 4 pounds this week! Hallelaluja, the platueau has ended! I also exercised 4 times this week. Getting in snowshoeing, weight lifting, treadmill and exercise videos.

Happy Birthday, BJean!

As far as plastic surgery goes. I really want to get a Tummy Tuck and breast lift when I have reached goal weight and maintained for a while. I know I am old, but what the hell... I gave birth to 5 children and I'm tired of looking like it! I don't know if breast implants are affected by weight loss. I guess I would have to know more, becuase if you're still losing weight, you don't want your nice new boob job to sag. That would be very sad. I guess try and get as much info as you can and maybe another source besides the surgeon who will be doing the surgery. He may be good, but he sounds motivated by the almighty dollar!

Someone asked about software for recording diet. I like dietpower.com.

Everyone is doing so well. CONGRATULATIONS!