Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Bandsters

horefrost?

Something we do to the naturally skinny biatches I think...........

I about fell off my chair laughing at this and in the cube hell I work in I've got a dozen people asking me to forward them whatever is so funny... I doubt they'd understand;)

Mim & Lauri, I weigh every day, and tried to get out of the habit, because I always heard you should only weigh once a week. Then I read an article in Reader's Digest that said that daily weighing is a good thing. I think that their point was that if it's a habit, then you're always aware of the direction you're heading. It's easy to put off weighing if you think you aren't doing well, but that's probably when you need that reminder the most. But, we still need to be realistic about it. We will always have temporary fluctuations in our weight, and we shouldn't get down emotionally when the scale goes up. (Easier said than done!)

That makes a lot of sense, in the past when I knew my weight was skyrocketing I would stay miles away from the scale (denial at it's finest!) and now (and every past attempt at weight loss) I'm on the stupid thing so much that when it does start to go up I put a stop to it right away. However I have to use MY scale, I don't want skewed numbers messing with my head;)

talking about weighing in everyday,

I weigh in so often that I know what I weigh naked, with clothes on, how much a pair of jeans makes my weight go up and that a wet towel on my head just getting out ot the shower increases my weight 2.5 lbs. I know I'm sick, I'm obsessed!, And Now when I think I'm getting it together.... I start talking to the damn thing as though its going to feel sorry for me and show me weighing less next time I jump on!

Its nice to go out of town often I leave it at home! Maybe I still have a bit of control! LOL

You ladies crack me up! Would you possibly think that living in WI that I have been able to get outside to take 5 walks this week. The temp. has been from 45-50 every day this week. It's ticking my kids off but I love it. I too know how much I weigh at all times. I have a scale in my kitchen, in my master bath and in my guest bath. I'm a nut about it. I was getting so bad that I would eat or drink something and jump on the scale. I think once a day would probably be healthy but I weigh myself about 15+ times a day. I thought that the point of not eating after 7 is a good idea and I am going to try it next week. With my husband and kids schedules it seems like we never eat until 7:30-8:00 at night. I think that is probably horrible for the whole family. I actually have noticed my hubby gaining some weight, this could be why. I love this sight and all you girls for all your suggestions, support, and humor. Thanks

Oh my...I also fell off my chair LMAO...

Too funny...

This definitely made my day!!!

Hi everyone! It has been a while since I have checked in, I have been kind of ill. I hope you all are doing well. I lost 10 pounds over the last week. I am so happy, yet it is from being sick.

I hope you all have a great weekend.

Erin

talking about weighing in everyday,

I weigh in so often that I know what I weigh naked, with clothes on, how much a pair of jeans makes my weight go up and that a wet towel on my head just getting out ot the shower increases my weight 2.5 lbs. I know I'm sick, I'm obsessed!, And Now when I think I'm getting it together.... I start talking to the damn thing as though its going to feel sorry for me and show me weighing less next time I jump on!

Its nice to go out of town often I leave it at home! Maybe I still have a bit of control! LOL

I must be really tired tonight...

You guys have me in stitches...

Hi ya'll! Sorry I've been out of the loop all week. My MIL had a stroke and we've been at the hospital. She's doing well, all things considered. They have pretty much decided that she had it because she doesn't get any exercise. She's very slender but sedentary.

I have a starting weight of 181. And believe it or not, I actually have signed up for a Water aerobics class beginning on Monday. It meets 3 times per week, so it should do the trick. I never thought I'd get the nerve to show up someplace public in a swimsuit, but everyone tells me that there will be older and fatter people there. I'd rather be in a class with young guys with six packs, but that's just me. LOL. Oh well, I wouldn't want to frighten the little dears, or would I?

BJean

Well, I can honestly say *I* have never suffered from horefrost! ;)

Erin (lifelongband), wow! I'm sorry to hear you've been sick, but still...10 lbs in a week? :clap2: Hope you're feeling better!

BJean, I'm sorry to hear about your MIL. I hope we can all take a lesson from her experience and keep active, even well beyond this weight loss effort. Oh, and I know what you mean about the "guys with six pack abs". I had a personal trainer for a few months several years ago. He was *gorgeous*! You can bet I never missed an appointment!

Gabbie, welcome to our cozy little group. Jump on in!

Tami

Jan. 5

15" walk w/dogs

20" elliptical

30" Cybex, lower body & abs

B: 1 c. Kashi; 1/2 c. 1% milk; coffee w/LF Creamora & S&L

L: Taco Bell taco salad (about 1/2, no chips/shell)

D: 1 c. Crockpot beef stew

S: SF, NF Yogurt

Hi Karey I too weigh everyday. It didn't help me the last few days of eating everything in sight and gaining back the 3 pounds I lost this week. but usually It helps me keep my goal in sight. Actually I think it is a obsession because I really can't leave the bathroom until I weigh. I keep a paper there and write down weight and sometimes, BMI and %of Water. I have a cool scale I got at Jenny Craig.

My daughter is doing weight watchers. Is anyone here working a known program with their band.

oh- what diet program are you using. Is there one I can download. I tried to figure out spark people. but I to admit that I am not very good on the computer.

anyway I walked in the pool today for 1/2 hour

breakfast: instant Breakfast

Lunch: Tomato Soup

snack: Tomato Soup

dinner: 1 corn tortilla with tomato soup poured on it with ground beef and cheese

snack: nutrisystem caramel crunch popcorn.. found today at Walmart. had about 3 pieces of popcorn and a ton of little crunch soy things.. not worth the calories.

Can someone explain to me why I weigh 8lbs less in NY than I do in Florida. It was my friend's scale and everyone that used it showed their correct weight according to their scales and their doctor's. Why do I weigh less up north than down south?

Itsgottago: I weight less up north than I do down south too. Unfortunately that's the plight of many women - especially those without implants. :-)

Can someone explain to me why I weigh 8lbs less in NY than I do in Florida. It was my friend's scale and everyone that used it showed their correct weight according to their scales and their doctor's. Why do I weigh less up north than down south?

No explaination here kiddo,

I do know that as much as I weigh, I have realized my scales are 5 lbs heavy, (there is a method to my madness, so when visitors come over and come out of my bathroom and complain and gripe that my scales are wrong or broken, I just explain that I have had them professionally adjusted to be perfect. That way when they leave they are complaining about being fat and I'm feeling pretty good cause they say how much weight I've lost! LOL HAHAHA!!