Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi! I am new just had my Lapband today

Hi, I am new..My name is Jewel, I just had my Lap band procedure today and it went wonderfully! I learned about this web site through a friend in my "LapBand Class" and I am so greatful for it and exciited to meet other people who have done it, I has so horrified today thought about not going through with it, I had been on a liquid diet for 2 weeks and a clear liquid for 3 days and was DYING of hunger so much that I almost didnt have the surgery. But I am glad I did, everything went so good I was home in a short time, I woke up with little pain, just sorness where my port is, did anyone else have that? not the band it self, just the port site...I didn't expect that. but feel great so far, no nausea or vomiting...I am very happy at this point, but I am also a surgical nurse and know the hard part might come in the morning....Well, its nice to have all of you and I am looking forward to being part of your Lap Band family! I am 34 yrs old, I live in Indiana (near Chicago) I was 250 lbs before my band but lost 20lbs when I started my liquids...so, I will keep ya all posted!

Jewel :)

Congrats and welcome to bandland, Jewel! Glad to hear it went well for you. Yes, feeling uncomfortable and/or pain in your port site is typical, I think. You will find this site VERY informative, VERY supportive, and VERY friendly :)

Congratulations Jewel and take it slow

It's all about healing now. lots of gas, shoulder pain, port pain...things may not hit for a few days or you'll be lucky and sail...

sip your Water and Protein Drinks and walk alot!

I hope it will be something you will be so thankful for in the future, I was banded

April 18 in New Zealand and am very happy, as long as you realise it isn't an overnight success. But I eat a lot of what I like, but at more normal quotas , which I wasn[t doing before. it is early stages for you, I remember that was a hard time, but a good time to lost weight also!!!!

My life has changed, I have it back basically, and I hope you get to experience something similar.

Good luck!!!! XXAmourette

Thank you all so much for the encouraging words, I am so glad I found this site! :)

Yesterday I felt great, but this morning I feel like I have been hit by a train, so much pain...but I know it will pass and the feeling of losing weight will be so worth it. I am not really feeling full when I drink my Protein Shakes, or anything else for that matter.....kind of feeling hungry all the time, is it supposed to feel like that? I thought I would feel full right away.

Again, thanks for welcoming me.....I am very excited about following all of your stories through this, I feel less alone in this journey now......

Jewel from Indiana:clap2:

Hi there. I'm exactly 3 weeks post-op today. Once the first 24 hours or so had passed, I was pretty much hungry 24/7 while on the clear liquid phase. So yes, I think your hunger is entirely normal. Good luck!

Marie

Thank you all so much for the encouraging words, I am so glad I found this site! :)

Yesterday I felt great, but this morning I feel like I have been hit by a train, so much pain...but I know it will pass and the feeling of losing weight will be so worth it. I am not really feeling full when I drink my Protein Shakes, or anything else for that matter.....kind of feeling hungry all the time, is it supposed to feel like that? I thought I would feel full right away.

Again, thanks for welcoming me.....I am very excited about following all of your stories through this, I feel less alone in this journey now......

Jewel from Indiana:clap2:

Congrats on sticking to it. Thanks for sharing, I am to be banded on 8/21 very nervous going through alot of emotions right now.

Hey Diver! CONGRATULATIONS! I used to live in Hobart! Now I live in South Cackylacky..... ;) The South sure has taken some getting used to! In any case I am waiting on insurance approval and hope to be on my way no later than October!

jewel-im so excited for you! I'm waiting on ins approval. i'm really ready to get banded!! best wishes for a speedy recovery!!

Hey, Congrats!!!!!!!!!! and welcome!!!!I know about the hunger. For me I wasn't hungry for a week and a half. My pain was bad but at the same time it was less painful than I expected. Thank goodness for good painkillers. I just wanted to let u know what helped me through my hunger. I would eat cream Soups thinned out with lots of skim milk or I would buy canned soups and drain out all the chunks, and drink the yummy broth. Now I am still only 3 months out and I am not sure of the diet the doctor gave u but it helped me bunches.So did warm tea and hot chocolate. Good luck drink those liquids and rest. You will feel like a million bucks soon. Big hugs, I am glad to have a new member of the family.

Hi Jewel:

Glad to see your post. I was also banded Thursday August 17. I was great the first day as well, but now I'm starting to really feel discomfort at the port site. I'm mostly sleepy and uninterested in food or trying to drink all this clear stuff although I have serious "stomach quakes" from time to time that are a bit painful. I'm about to take my last supradol now (anti-inflammatory) and I guess it's all liquid Tylenol or Aleve from there. I thought I would be able to go back to work tomorrow but I think I'm going to rest for a couple of days...I'm a little to fuzzy to function :-)

Best of luck and let me know how it's going for you!