Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So Very Annoyed! Not Losing

So I have lost a grand total of 24 pounds . 12 the week before surgery (4/23) and 12 the week after surgery. Since one week post op, not an oz! I drink all day long, but I am not meeting my Protein goals, I am only getting about 40 per day because I absulutly cannot stomach the Protein Shakes. I have tried many many and just the smell and texture make me want to gag. My diet mainly consist rigtht now of scrambled eggs, watermelon (lil bit) and carnation instant Breakfast with skim or 2% milk. I drink Water all day with special k protein water mix (5g). I have had no nausea since surgery day and no vomiting at all. My BM are regular. I havent started an excercise regime yet as I don't want to push my body just yet, I want to make sure im healed, but I walk all day long! We live on 10 acres in the country and have farm animals and I am constantly walking down to the pasture and back up to tend to animal, plus I just get out and walk with my dogs in the yard. My dr cleared me yest to swim in my pool so I will start some mild water excercise today. All in all I feel pretty good, minor soreness still but nothing to even take tylenol for. I have a very busy hectic life so I am not sedentary AT ALL ever! LOL I don't have time to do nothing. Also, Im not losing inches either. people have said they can see loss in my face, as can I but from no where else, and I can assure you my clothes are not getting any looser on me. Im really bummed, should a stall start this early after postop? Also, I don't have TOM, I had a complete hyst 6 years ago at age 30. Could HRT be causing this or is it just a stall and I need to ride it out? So very very annoyed!!!

Depending on what foods you can eat at your stage work on increasing your Protein. What did the doctor say about you thinking you had a stall?

Try adding some S/F pudding mix to a Protein powder shake and use a blender. Can you handle cold temps? Throw in some ice and make it a "milkshake"

You gotta be patient your body is still healing. Everyone is so concerned about the honeymoon stage that they lose sight of the real tool.

Yes some is may lose a lot of weight during the first couple weeks post op and that's only because they are on a liquid diet and their body is trying to heal a traumatic wound. BUT some people are opposites, they lose less during the honeymoon stage and gradually start to lose much more after that period of time.

My advice to you is keep doing what your are doing and eventually you will see the change and feel it also. Just be patient... I highly doubt there has been anyone in the world who has been sleeved that did not lose weight. Trust me. Your time will come!

You really need to get more Protein in. Have you tried the Premier shakes? They are delicious. Look on youtube.com and they have recipes using protein powders that are delicious! Protein is a vital must to help your body maintain muscle and for cell repair. You eat more protein and you will lose more weight. I know it's hard but this is for the rest of your life. You can do this! ;)

You've lost 24 pounds in just over three weeks! That is 100% incredible. Your averge is still over a pound a day!

I know when you lose really fast, it is easy to develop the expectation that this is the way it will always be. In reality, most sleevers do stall from time to time. I had a three week stall just weeks after surgery. It was frustrating, for sure. Just keep following all the rules laid out for you, and trust that the scale will begin to move again. Trust me, it will!

After losing so much weight so quickly, it isn't suprising that your body is taking a little break. Hang in there, you are doing fantastic!

I am right there with you. scale still stuck on 235 and I am doing everything right. I hope walking will help boost my weighloss.

I started this journey at 261 and I was sleeved on 4-10 and now I am 235.

I was able to eat a medium piece of baked talaipia and was not sick at all.

I was told that your body goes into starvation mode and that is why the weightloss stops at the beginning. Just be patient, and it will start falling off again. I have been stuck at 230 (65lbs down) for about a month now (surgery 12/19/11), and I am getting frustrated too. I need to exercise more but it's the end of the hectic school year...do better in a couple of weeks. As far as not being able to eat much, that too will change after about 6 weeks. I still have very small portions, but I can eat way more that at first. Now I feel like I have to really watch my portions. salad and raw vegetables are causing me problems, but other than that, I can eat whatever I want.

Totally feel you. I'm stalled too. It's frustrating, but as everyone said, keep doing what you are doing and try not to get discouraged. We'll see the scale move again soon, I'm sure. Lucky you that you live on ten acres with animals. Sounds heavenly.

Hi I had surgery April 16th and I'm stalled as well. I read a lot on this site and stalling seems to be normal for most people . I'm just going to get in more Protein and walk everyday . I hope this helps break the stall soon

Thanks for all the replies. I went to sams today and bought a case of premier Protein, and I will try that tonight. I also went by Vitamin world and bought some Syntrax and a couple other kinds. I then went to smoothie king and bought a gladiator (45g P) took one sip and promptly got rid of that. UUUgggghhh. I hope I can stomach at least one of the others I bought today. I have already tried about 10 kinds and they all have a smell/aftertaste/something that I just cant take. I have not vomited since surgery and have no desire to start vomiting, but Im a little weird, if it looks/smells/taste weird it will hit my gag reflex and promptly come back out. I have always been that way.

Camarillo~~~I LOVE my home and land and critters. Very very peaceful and serene, but lots of work! LOL Right now I have brand new baby lion head bunnies and a baby faiting goat. Cutest thing you ever seen!

Reading your story, it is so much like mine. Same day surgery too! I had a hysterectomy when I was 28 (endometriosis). I asked about the HRT and my doctor didn't think it would effect weight loss. I have lost 26 since pre op and the last few days I gain a pound then lose it the next day. So frustrating! I am also so sick of the Protein Shakes I have been drinking. Let me know what you think of the Sams club

Ah, you are a lucky person. I know about all the work that must take though. It's exhausting but so rewarding. I have 24 chickens, a rooster, two dogs, a cat, and three zebra finches and zillions of hummingbirds, and their care nearly takes all my time. I'd have horses and goats and ducks and lots more if only I had more land. Your baby bunnies and goat sound so awesome.

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean by the nasty after-taste. I tried Isopure and Cytomax Protein drinks and couldn't tolerate the after-taste either. The Premier Protein shakes were not bad at all. Muscle Milk is okay but too thick for me. I like the Pure Protein Bars the best, and they are 20 grams each. I'm now trying to get my Protein from fish, nuts, cottage cheese, etc. I have a Clif bar in the morning, which is yummy and ten grams of protein. The Clif Builder's bar is 20 grams, but I haven't tasted that one yet, but I've heard good things about it.