Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

Thanks everyone! I'm nervous and excited. I've just got things going through my head like "Am I doing the right thing?" "Will I regret this?" "Will I be ok?" Just stuff like that

You'll be fine Bec. Just relax and know you are in good hands and that you have made this decision for all the right reasons.

Cathy1110 said: I was done may 22nd and I still have such bad back pain.Walking,standing for long periods is agony.Didnt have any before surgery.

Hi Cathy, I hope you've spoken to your doctor by now. Could be "gas" pains but I believe back pain can signify other problems too, so best to check. I didn't have pain afterwards that I'd describe as "agony" and it seems most don't. Best to get it checked out pronto. Good luck.

Good luck tomorrow Bec!

Cathy- you should get checked out ASAP- please do, just in case.

Had a NSV that cracked me up- was told to get rid of my "fat" clothes today - I was wearing a size 18 bwahahaha - if they only knew :)

Hope you're all well! Cheers Liss

Thanx Ladies,have an appointment with my dietician Tuesday I will ask her.Have you ladies herd of others with this problem?

Hi my surgery is the 6th of June I'm in Perth .... Few days to go and I'm slightly scared but need to get this done .

1/2 an hour till I leave for the hospital!!!!! So nervous still!!! My hubby is now staying with me till I go in which is a BIG help to me. Well I'm not allowed phones so I'll catch up with u all in a few days

Bec!!!

1/2 an hour till I leave for the hospital!!!!! So nervous still!!! My hubby is now staying with me till I go in which is a BIG help to me. Well I'm not allowed phones so I'll catch up with u all in a few days

Bec!!!

You will do great! See you on the sleeved side!

Hi my surgery is the 6th of June I'm in Perth .... Few days to go and I'm slightly scared but need to get this done .

Welcome Linky and all the best for your surgery this week. It's really very easy and we are all here if you need support.

Good luck Bec....You will do great, look forward hearing you are sucessfully on the flip side :)

Cath I would atleast put a call into your surgeon and check what they thinks, it could be just gas but really better safe than sorry. If it is gas the best thing is walking.

I dont remember having any specific back pain, it was more around my shoulders.

Welcome to all the newbies..it is great to see new people coming through, as you may have noticed we have peolpe here at all stages of the sleeve life.

Sydneysiders, I am going to throw out a date of the 19th June to have a catch up. How does that sound?

I really appreciate that the "oldies" stick around and answer all the newbie questions over and over. This is a great thread!

Pre-sleeve I would have a huge problem actually packing a lunch (too easy to eat out) and then making myself eat it if I did pack it (too boring). The sleeve has already saved me so much money on eating-out costs! I have not been out at all since surgery and probably won't for a while. It seems like such a waste of money!

I txted Bec good wishes. :)

I have called the doctors and now he has got back to me.i have to go in today in 3 hours.he wants to see me.Blood tests ect.So nervous,hope this isn't anything.

Hi all' date='just wondering if anyone has experienced any back pain.I was done may 22nd and I still have such bad back pain.Walking,standing for long periods is agony.Didnt have any before surgery.[/quote']

Was thinking about this through the night Cathy - bear in mind I'm only pre-op so just an idea. Perhaps your back pain is coming from a compensation issue. With the subconscious being such a powerful thing it's quite possible you are protecting your core abdominal muscles and overworking your back without even realising.

19th June looking good to me (depending on actual time and location). Despite being an oldie I have young un's to get to and from school in the far flung 'burbs. Middle of the day or evening suits me best. I'll watch out for more details and look forward to meeting you soon.

Hi Brendani,I hope it's something like that.fingers crossed.Trouble is I had no nausea.vomitting or gas pain.Incisions hurt at first but not now.Off to docs now.Keep you posted.