Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

Too sad about the girls. Mine will probably be at my waistline!

Two-week follow-up went great! I weighed 93 with clothes and shoes on. Not bad! Incisions are healing nicely. He wants to see me again in two weeks. He also said that when I am around 70 kg we will start talking about plastics because he thinks I will have a big belly apron! :(

post-44120-1381366604166_thumb.jpg

Two-week follow-up went great! I weighed 93 with clothes and shoes on. Not bad! Incisions are healing nicely. He wants to see me again in two weeks. He also said that when I am around 70 kg we will start talking about plastics because he thinks I will have a big belly apron! :(

Wow you are looking good misty. About the belly apron my belly looks almost identical to your before photos!! May I ask what your start weight was.....I'm 110kg and think I may need plastic surgery eventually too!

Wow you are looking good misty. About the belly apron my belly looks almost identical to your before photos!! May I ask what your start weight was.....I'm 110kg and think I may need plastic surgery eventually too!

I started at 98 kg. that shirt I was wearing is pretty flattering to my shape but I should have my husband take a photo from the side. My stomach and butt are the same size and I have an upper and lower belly. For some reason I am drawn in right where my navel is. I hate it. It didn't go away when I was around 70 kg which was my lowest adult weight (in 2003 after a year and a half of Weight Watchers) but I am still obese at that weight. My goal is 50 kg which will put me at 22 BMI. I'm very short and carry all my weight in my middle. I actually have great legs for my size. If it wasn't for my waist I would be in size 14. I am in size 18 and the legs are always huge.

I did already have to tighten my belt a notch! I have to wear a belt because I am very high waisted and all the jeans are so low they give me muffin top. I hope my waist migrates down a bit as I lose weight.

Lordy!What a massive difference already misty!

My hubby said in the early days of our discussion about me having wls that the *real* cost of the sleeve is the medical costs + plastic surgery for the wobbly bits + the frenzy of clothes/shoe shopping afterwards.I told him that the savings in our food bill and arthritis meds would help.He looked unconvinced cos he knows I love to shop.Lol!

Seriously tho, I am just assuming I will have to have plastics done to help with the loose skin. Has anyone had problems with fitting regular clothes properly afterwards?

Thanks Misty. We pretty much have the same BMI, I am 165cm and am aiming at 58-60kg which gives me a BMI of 22.

You will alreay be there by the time I have my surgery in October lol!!

The real savings is the possibility of living longer and in better health. How many truly obese old people do you see out and about? Not many! They go to church and that's all they can manage. I don't want to be like that.

Tomorrow is my second at-home weigh in. I'm excited to see what it will say. It's not going to be another 4.5 kg loss but I hope it's a good one to make up for the third-week stall everyone seems to have!

Hi I'm trying to find any Victorians that might know if I can purchase oh yeah shakes here??

Trying to pump the Protein up!

I lost another 1.5 kg! That's 6 kg in two weeks! BMI has gone from 43.6 to 40.1! Almost out of Super Morbidly Obese! And I go to purée today! So many exclamation points!

I have band practice tonight so I will be lugging a trumpet, music stand, and music. We will see how this goes! It also means I will probably be having a shake for dinner just because I can't work out the logistics of sitting down to a meal.

This morning I am having a really thick leftover smoothie that I made last night (you can eat it with a spoon). I think I managed about 1/3 last night, will have another 1/3 now, and still have some left over. Maybe I will eat it when I get home after band. It is really nice. Has banana, pumpkin, applesauce, a little yogurt, milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.

Misty, sounds like you are going strong :)

K8ee, cant say i have even heard of that brand

Lessismore, yes it is expensive, but as Misty said, your life is more valuable. And you would think that your grocery bill would go down, only really early on, but nowadays I dont see much difference but also I eat different now....

On news from me, sharing it here first. I got an appointment for Monday to see a Plastic Surgeon (he had a last minute cancellation woot woot), he has originally quoted just under $15k for a TT and arm lift, my 2 must do areas. Will see what he says in person, as I know my tummy, pelvic area is a mess right now (unfortunate camel toe...eeek ).

Thankfully I am not planning on getting the girls fixed, I went from a 22/24 DD to 14DD or 16D depending on the bra.

Misty' date=' sounds like you are going strong :)

K8ee, cant say i have even heard of that brand

Lessismore, yes it is expensive, but as Misty said, your life is more valuable. And you would think that your grocery bill would go down, only really early on, but nowadays I dont see much difference but also I eat different now....

On news from me, sharing it here first. I got an appointment for Monday to see a Plastic Surgeon (he had a last minute cancellation woot woot), he has originally quoted just under 15k for a TT and arm lift, my 2 must do areas. Will see what he says in person, as I know my tummy, pelvic area is a mess right now (unfortunate camel toe...eeek ).

Thankfully I am not planning on getting the girls fixed, I went from a 22/24 DD to 14DD or 16D depending on the bra.[/quote']

Wow that is awesome! Let us know how it goes. I know I will probably need it.

I have a confession. I ate half an Armott's Teddy Bear. It was in the biscuit tin at work and I was hungry (it was time for morning tea but probably some head hunger too) and I took it. I chewed carefully to a purée and it went down fine but that's not a good start to the purée phase. :( Working on some applesauce now, which IS on my plan.

Hey Aussiegirl - so exciting for you!! Let us know what happens. I have no doubt that I will need the same once I have dropped this last pesky 24 kg :)

At Hogs breath for lunch with workmates - lovely people here let me order off the kids menu :) had so many exclamations over my weight loss today I am feeling pretty good right now lol. My workmates haven't seen me since I started my new job two months ago (& I have lost about 15 kg since then lol)...it's pretty nice!!

Hi everyone,I was sleeved on may 22nd and I live in Newcastle Australia.Hope I can join in with you all.I am down 9.5 kg but stii really sore on my right side.Feel like I need to hold a pillow to keep a tight pressure on it.Also did anyone get bad back pain

Hi everyone,I was sleeved on may 22nd and I live in Newcastle Australia.Hope I can join in with you all.I am down 9.5 kg but stii really sore on my right side.Feel like I need to hold a pillow to keep a tight pressure on it.Also did anyone get bad back pain

Welcome to the thread! I haven't had any back aches but my incisions were sure tender for the first few days. You have lost an amazing amount for less than a week sleeved!

Welcome Cathy!! I'll let u know how I go after Monday as that's my op day.