Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

I meant golf day!!

Hi everyone,

Wow, so much news, if I miss anyone I apologise in advance.

Well Done everyone on all of your LOSSES!!

Dean, it's an honour to have you in our 'girls group', you are always inspirational. :)

Lissa, as the others have said, it's your friend's issue, however, that doesn't lessen the hurt of being spoken to like that in a public space. so, sending ((( HUGS))) to you. Enjoy the holiday and the rides. :)

Novo, did we speak on a FB page yesterday about your Super application and a new GP for you to see? If not, please PM me here and I'm happy to help with your application.

Puppyphat, thanks for your 'definition of a 'bully' "the insecure ones are mean to you before you can be mean to them", this definitely describes the 'bullying' behaviour of my ex surgeon (sic) who cancelled my surgery 19 days before the due date.

So, after a few weeks of incredible stress, I finally have some good news to share. I went back to my 'Band Surgeon' yesterday and told him my tale of woe and he had some very empathetic words to say about how I was treated by my ex surgeon (sic)!!!!!!

Anyway, we discussed my options for surgery, and after careful consideration, I have decided to not have a Bypass and go with a 'Sleeve' instead!!!! This Surgeon has a huge amount of experience and is extremely skilled. And, it just gets better, he will honour the contract I signed when he did my first Band and he will not charge me any 'out of pocket expenses' for my Sleeve. He has also told me that the Anaesthetist and the Assistant Surgeon generally don't charge a 'gap fee' for 'Revision surgery' patients.

My new date is, 29th April and even though it is 6 weeks after my original date, it feels good and I know I am in good hands for this procedure.

So, I hope you all have an equally great day.

Best Wishes

Michele :D

Hi Michele,

So pleased for you that things are all organized for your surgery and you are happy with your decision. Its so important to have faith in your surgeon. Before you know it you'll be post op and feeling great and looking fabulous.

Kate

I meant golf day!!

Had fun and met Denise & Bruce Morecombe. What an inspirational couple they are.

Hi all,

I am struggling with all the positive comments from ppl, all the big guys are asking me how I've done it etc etc. I basically just say I eat a heap of small meals a day( which isn't a lie) but I feel like a bit of a fraud ( obviously I haven't told anyone about surgery). I hate lying its just not in my nature. I have told 1 mate at work and he told me he hasn't told anyone but u just don't know. On a different note I'm going for a new job on the other side of Aus, bit scary bit exciting, chance to start new. That's all I got,

Scotty

Had fun and met Denise & Bruce Morecombe. What an inspirational couple they are.

Good to hear you had a great day. They are amazing people.

Hi all' date='

I am struggling with all the positive comments from ppl, all the big guys are asking me how I've done it etc etc. I basically just say I eat a heap of small meals a day( which isn't a lie) but I feel like a bit of a fraud ( obviously I haven't told anyone about surgery). I hate lying its just not in my nature. I have told 1 mate at work and he told me he hasn't told anyone but u just don't know. On a different note I'm going for a new job on the other side of Aus, bit scary bit exciting, chance to start new. That's all I got,

Scotty[/quote']

Scotty you've done amazingly only telling one person. I can understand how uncomfortable it is skirting around the subject when asked directly. I tell most people eventually as I don't want people to think I did it simply with diet and exercise which for me DID NOT WORK and I am proud of getting this great tool called a sleeve. Good luck for your job interview and I hope you get the fresh start you deserve.

Scotty, congrats, you deserve the positive comments.

Let me ask you this? Are you eatting less? Are you exercising more? Then it is not a lie as such.

You will tell the people that you are comfortable with when you are ready.

I was pretty honest with most people on what I have done. Tho if I met random people in the street I would just say diet and exercise. I eventually outed myself at a work function, where one of my friends made the video of my journey, which said it more about life change than just the sleeve. It had become a bit of a weird subject for people, was I sick? My CEO who used to talk to me, couldnt, some days he would just stare at me. I mentioned it to one of his contemporaries and they were like he doesnt know what to say, and i am like, well hello is usually a start :)

And with the job interview and new start, people will only know the new you, so there will be less conjecture within the office environment. I hope you ace the interview.

How are you guys dealing with people you have met post the sleeve? Do you tell them if they notice how little you eat? Do they even notice the amount of food you eat?

I have had a few different experiences, would love to hear whta you have experienced.

Sorry been MIA for weeks. Just updating you:

Current weight 83.1kg. Total 45kg. 8 months and 3 weeks out.

Sorry been MIA for weeks. Just updating you:

Current weight 83.1kg. Total 45kg. 8 months and 3 weeks out.

Great results, well done and you must be feeling amazing.

Good job Nessa!! You must feel great :)

I am. Feeling so much more energetic. I did my second wardrobe clean out post sleeve and have filled 3 large garbage bags :). So much room in my wardrobe now. I think I need to go shopping LOL.

Wait to you shop in Hawaii Nessa....so cheap, so good, so much. Pack as little as possible and prepare for excess baggage heheehe

Yeah I know. I'm taking 3 empty suitcases with me in readiness for a mammoth shopping spree. I've prepaid for 15 checked in luggage on the way up and 40kg pp on the way back. Methinks I'll need to buy more suitcases :). Lucky they're cheap and hopefully Sears is still open.

For the first time in a long time, I'll be able to buy clothes for myself and not everyone else. Previously I've bought very little because nothing fit. I'll make up for it now.

First stop, Victoria's Secret :P

On another note, I'm so over people asking "So, do you have a boyfriend yet?" now that I've lost weight. Was I not good enough for a boyfriend before I lost weight?

For those of you that are a little further out. Had a new salad at Sumo Salad today. Firecracker prawn. Looks to be their lowest cal salad. 10.4g of Protein in the small for 130 cals.

I am. Feeling so much more energetic. I did my second wardrobe clean out post sleeve and have filled 3 large garbage bags :). So much room in my wardrobe now. I think I need to go shopping LOL.

Love that feeling