Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

Lol lie the BFB read!! I work in business and as a female I'm finding the world a different place 35kg down...although the flu hit me hard last week!! One work colleague who can't believe my weight loss chastised me on my tiny portions and lack if food saying that's why I was so sick, u know what lady it may be but butt out of my life coz I love it!!! Hahaha chicken Soup still went down a treat :-)

Love I love the BFB read!! Damn iPhone

Lol lie the BFB read!! I work in business and as a female I'm finding the world a different place 35kg down...although the flu hit me hard last week!! One work colleague who can't believe my weight loss chastised me on my tiny portions and lack if food saying that's why I was so sick, u know what lady it may be but butt out of my life coz I love it!!! Hahaha chicken Soup still went down a treat :-)

Chastised you. A work mate. Women really do live in a different world! :P

If a bloke said that to me at work I'd say "Good thing it's none of your &^%$*& business!"

My BMI slipped under 30 today. So yes, I'm no longer 'obese' but 'overweight'.

Happy days.

Deano

Onya Dean. What an achievement.

So excited - only two days until my holiday :) 9 days on the Gold Coast with my 7 year old and my best friend, her hubby and their 7 year old - going to all the theme parks, on the aquaduck etc...best thing? I can go on the rides now lol. I still worry that I won't fit but know it's my head playing games. The best thing is that I will be happy to get in photo's now rather than insisting that I be behind the camera. Really lookling forward to it! It will be my last holiday for a while cause after I come back I have three days left in my old job and then I start the new one after Easter! It's bloody hectic but I am loving it!!

I like it. No time to think about eating!

Wow, so much to catch up on!!!!

Dean, I'm a BFB too!!!! Great read, made me laugh!!!!!!

Congrats to Dean and Kate on becoming 'obese or overweight' *can't go back to posts to check* sorry :( great work!!!!

Bella I have worked with women for some of my career and they are so b*&^%y!!!! and Dean if you tell them to *mind their own business*, then they start throwing knives in your back while you're not looking!!!!!

I am still on the 'search' for a new surgeon and trying to get back on the ' surgery train' :wacko:.

Keep on keeping on everyone!!!!!

Have a great day. :rolleyes:

Michele

Well after my concerns last week about a possible stall, I weighed in at the dr's today and lost 3 kg. i suspect that I must have been retaining Fluid last week as I haven't done anything significantly different but it was great to see that number today. Have 15kg to go to the surgeon's goal and about 30 until mine. So excited :) Just can't wait to drop the next 7 kg and get under the 100kg mark!!

Here's an updated photo :)

post-34328-13813663821174_thumb.jpg

Well after my concerns last week about a possible stall' date=' I weighed in at the dr's today and lost 3 kg. i suspect that I must have been retaining Fluid last week as I haven't done anything significantly different but it was great to see that number today. Have 15kg to go to the surgeon's goal and about 30 until mine. So excited :) Just can't wait to drop the next 7 kg and get under the 100kg mark!!

Here's an updated photo :)

[/quote']

Lissa, you look amazing and SO happy!!!!

Lissa - looking really great- a changed woman!

Dean - congrats on being overweight!

Congrats to everyone else on your progress and journeys - i love witnessing everyone's life changing for the better!

Thanks for the BFB article Dean - it does freak me out a bit when they quote things like 'after 10 years people who have had gastric bypass have regained half their weight'. Is this actually true?? I actually have a fear of waking up one day and all the weight has come back! Totally illogical I know so just putting it down to now maintaining and hoping that I don't gain!

Hey guys

Just a little update, I had my surgery on the 7th of march which was last Thursday, thankfully I've had minimal pain just a lot of discomfort from the gas, the only complication I had was my anesthetist had trouble finding a vein for my IV cannula, he tried three times on my left arm, before I went into the operating room and I woke up with an IV cannula in my right hand but there is another puncture wound from another failed attempt also on my right arm. And I got cellulitis (inflammation of the vein) in my left hand and broke out in a rash which I'm currently treating with a topical corticosteroid called Elcon.

Now for my Fluid intake, I'm struggling with my Protein shake I can barely drink one full shake which causes me the feel so full. I also drink tiny amounts of Water throughout the day but I'm struggling and I know who important they both are especially the Protein.

So tomorrow I'm going to try icey poles, Soups, and a cup full of ice with OJ.

Just wanted to know if that is a good idea and how did you guys manage with the Protein Shake??

Thanks in advance ✌

Hey Mini Me, good to see you.

The first thing they gave me at the hospital to consume was an icy pole, so I think you should be fine with that. But just watch the sugar in them, you can always make ice blocks with low cal cordial and suck on those to help get fluids in.

Did you have a nutritionist doctors, order for eatting post sugery? They would be best placed comment.

However based on the advise I was given from my doctor, all of those should be fine 7 days post op, thin brothy Soup.

I never did Protein shakes, hated them so cant really comment on the consuming of them.

You can try mixing the Water up with low cal cordial as well, it helped me get the Water down at first as water felt hard on the stomach, but amazingly flavouring the water it didnt feel as bad. I also drank tea...lots and lots of green tea.

Good luck with your recovery, you will do great. And those canula's hurt like a buggery, they tried me a couple of times as well....ouch!!! I feel for you :)

Sueco, I know the feeling about being concerned about finding myself back where I was. Overweight and unhappy etc and really having no way back to here.

Having maintained my weight now for close to 7 months it is still a struggle, I gave myself an upper limit and have to stay underw that, if I get close to it, I spend a few days watching what I eat and work out harder.

Our journeys dont end when we get to goal....it is a life struggle.

But I am positive our generation of weightloss people understand the changes we are makiing not only to our bodies but our lives, and the statistics will change in the next 10 years.

Lissa - looking really great- a changed woman!

Dean - congrats on being overweight!

Congrats to everyone else on your progress and journeys - i love witnessing everyone's life changing for the better!

Thanks for the BFB article Dean - it does freak me out a bit when they quote things like 'after 10 years people who have had gastric bypass have regained half their weight'. Is this actually true?? I actually have a fear of waking up one day and all the weight has come back! Totally illogical I know so just putting it down to now maintaining and hoping that I don't gain!

I think I have seen a statistic somewhere that say half of patients gain back half their excess weight after 10.

Lucky I'm not planning on being a statistic!

I think those general ones include all WLS. I've heard of a lot of people who haven't been able to make the band work for them.