Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

Do you know many people there? If you don't it'll be good in a strange way to live and work somewhere where everyone just knows you as 'normally' sized.

No worries Dean :) I wasn't offended at all. I don't know many people but some of the people I work with know me from before surgery. They haven't seen me though since that time so they might get a bit of a surprise lol. It's funny actually - the panel that interviewed me for the job have known me for five years but hadn't seen me since I had the surgery so it was the first thing they asked me about in the interview. Didn't cause any problems obviously but it's funny how it does seem to impact on every aspect of my life :)

I just recently got a new job, don't start for a month though, have to finish some studying first. But the interviewer said that her team were having a weight loss challenge ATM, not that I need to lose any weight. I told her that I had lost over 50kg in the last 12 months if she wanted any tips. She was floored. I didn't tell her how I lost it, other than that I had had a rough year with illnesses, which I had. It's funny how people treat you differently from being big to small. Here's an updated pic my daughter took of me today.

Don't laugh, but it was at max brenner.

post-32312-1381366377003_thumb.jpg

Also, yesterday I bought some size 7 skinny jeans from Jeanswest, got them home, and they were too BIG!!! Swapped them for some 6s today.

Oh my Puppyskinny!

You look good, no you look great.

You are a real inspiration to me as I have about 60 kg to lose all up, well to get to my goal which I've set at 75kg, still another 37 or so to go now. I know you've been sick in the past and hope its all sorted now.

It all just seems so surreal to me, I can't wait until I can reach double figures, then it won't seem so far away.

It's funny to me, when mention to my friends I've lost about 25kg so far and they ooh and aah and say that's really amazing, but over my lifetime it was nothing to lose or gain 30kg, maybe my head still isn't where it should be, but I think as I keep losing it will catch up :-)

I just recently got a new job' date=' don't start for a month though, have to finish some studying first. But the interviewer said that her team were having a weight loss challenge ATM, not that I need to lose any weight. I told her that I had lost over 50kg in the last 12 months if she wanted any tips. She was floored. I didn't tell her how I lost it, other than that I had had a rough year with illnesses, which I had. It's funny how people treat you differently from being big to small. Here's an updated pic my daughter took of me today.

Don't laugh, but it was at max brenner.

Also, yesterday I bought some size 7 skinny jeans from Jeanswest, got them home, and they were too BIG!!! Swapped them for some 6s today.[/quote']

Don't you think it's time to update your name?? Puppyphat just doesn't seem to fit these days.

Don't you think it's time to update your name?? Puppyphat just doesn't seem to fit these days.

SkinnyKitten

LOL @ shinykitten

LOL @ shinykitten

Maybe Puppyslim

Hello everyone, have been losing slowly but surely. Weigh in day today and 1.6 kgs loss this week which I'm really happy with.

Puppyphat you look fabulous and good luck with your new job. Also Lissa great to see you ar embracing change in different areas of your life. I have just lost around 16 kgs so far and the difference to my life is there already. It's 16 kgs I wouldn't have lost and realistically I would have put on a few more in the last 10 weeks.

One-Elle, I am sorry to hear your plans have been messed up but so have to agree with the others, you have to be comfortable with and have every faith in your surgeon. You have done the best thing for you. Don't be disheartened, after you have done your research and see another doc then you are in a better position to make the decision that is right for you.

Cheers, Kate

Hello everyone, have been losing slowly but surely. Weigh in day today and 1.6 kgs loss this week which I'm really happy with.

Puppyphat you look fabulous and good luck with your new job. Also Lissa great to see you ar embracing change in different areas of your life. I have just lost around 16 kgs so far and the difference to my life is there already. It's 16 kgs I wouldn't have lost and realistically I would have put on a few more in the last 10 weeks.

One-Elle, I am sorry to hear your plans have been messed up but so have to agree with the others, you have to be comfortable with and have every faith in your surgeon. You have done the best thing for you. Don't be disheartened, after you have done your research and see another doc then you are in a better position to make the decision that is right for you.

Cheers, Kate

1.6kgs isn't slow - that's fantastic.

Looking at your ticker you're about 7 kilos away from being half way to goal. It must be seeming all really attainable now.

My BMI slipped under 30 today. So yes, I'm no longer 'obese' but 'overweight'.

Happy days.

Deano

I liked the name puppy fat because it implies that its transient. That eventually, I'll grow into my roles and grow from ugly duckling to pretty swan. I spent 7 years looking like a shar pei puppy, now I look like an afghan hound, shedding just as much hair as one too lol.

I like skinny kitten, will have to think of a new name.

My BMI slipped under 30 today. So yes' date=' I'm no longer 'obese' but 'overweight'.

Happy days.

Deano[/quote']

Bet you never thought you'd be this happy to be overweight hey?

And we'll done kate. 1.6kgs in a week is amazing. You must be doing all the right things. Keep it up.

Yes, never thought I'd be happy to say I'm overweight!

But I agree with this article. I think I'll always be a BFB (Big Fat Ba$tard). I think being obese has contributed to who I am and, I think I'm a good person. So I'm ok with that.

It's a funny read. If you haven't seen it, take a look -

http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/politics/all-you-fat-bastards-of-the-world-8230-unite-and-take-over-20130122-2d51u.html

Yes' date=' never thought I'd be happy to say I'm overweight!

But I agree with this article. I think I'll always be a BFB (Big Fat Batard). I think being obese has contributed to who I am and, I think I'm a good person. So I'm ok with that.

It's a funny read. If you haven't seen it, take a look -

http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/politics/all-you-fat-bastards-of-the-world-8230-unite-and-take-over-20130122-2d51u.html[/quote']

I am a big fat bastard.

I am a big fat bastard.

Me too :)

So relate to all that...just hope I dont put back on half the weight I lost.

Way to go Deano!!!! Welcome to the overweight club!

SwiftKate, congrats you are doing awesome and as Dean pointed out, almost at half way!