Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

I weigh myself every Tuesday morning.

Lol i don't even own scales. I was planning on weighing only when I go for my appointments with the dr but anyone want to bet how quickly I buy scales post op lol :)

Weighed myself this morning..................and I've gained. Excuse the language' date=' but how the f**k can I have gained weight. Today I am 9 weeks post op. Granted the gain was only 600gm, it's still a gain.

How is this possible?[/quote']

Hey Nessa, I did the same last week, was 4 weeks out nothing lost over the past week then weighed myself Thursday and put on 500gms. Weighed myself today and dropped 2.5kgs since last Thursday.

Don't stress, is it that time of the month? Could be wind or anything. I was stressing until I got in the scales this morning.

One week overdue really.... :( And no I'm not pregnant :P

I'm seeing surgeon on Monday, so hopefully I lose between now and then.

I can't handle scales... I haven't known what I weighed since year ten. I weighed myself and was at 97kg. i decided i didn't want to see it hit triple digits so I just stopped all together. I just get weighed at surgeon/NUT appointments and make them tell me how much I've lost rather than what i actualyl weigh.

Have been on Optifast for just over a week now and am being super strict on it with my sister. We do three shakes a day and two cups of allowed veggies each for dinner. we've had a couple of diet jellies but other than that - that's it. My sister weighed herself last night and she had only lost 800g.

Maybe you should try measuring yourself?? I know my sister often wont lose according to the scales but she'll have improvements in her measurments..

Everyone else can see that I have lost weight, but I myself can't, as I look the same. I only know because I'm wearing a smaller size. Physically, everything looks the same (just heading south).

My nephew jumped on the scales before his bath on the weekend and he weighed 21kg. I've nearly lost the weight of my nephew. He's a heavy little thing too. (He's 4 1/2).

Scary when you look at it that way.

Everyone else can see that I have lost weight' date=' but I myself can't, as I look the same. I only know because I'm wearing a smaller size. Physically, everything looks the same (just heading south).

My nephew jumped on the scales before his bath on the weekend and he weighed 21kg. I've nearly lost the weight of my nephew. He's a heavy little thing too. (He's 4 1/2).

Scary when you look at it that way.[/quote']

They say some women miss their periods or it turns up late because of the shock on your body. It could just be that time, so realistically you would have lost or at least you will after it finishes.

Keep us updated.

Weighed myself this morning..................and I've gained. Excuse the language' date=' but how the f**k can I have gained weight. Today I am 9 weeks post op. Granted the gain was only 600gm, it's still a gain.

How is this possible?[/quote']

It has happened to me as well Nessa where I gained 600gms but didn't let it worry me and just keep positive and moving forward. I did lose it though when I weighed in on Friday

Four days to go :) Woot!!

Four days to go :) Woot!!

That will fly past past Lila how exciting you'll be on the other side and beginning to watch the scales go down and have better and brighter health before you know it.

It has happened to me as well Nessa where I gained 600gms but didn't let it worry me and just keep positive and moving forward. I did lose it though when I weighed in on Friday

Love the new photo Shelley

Sent from my iPad using VST

Well what a great couple of last days. Yesterday at the shops and ran into the office lady at my GPs office whom I have known for years, anyway said hi to her at the shop and could tell instantly she had no idea who I was. Cut a long story short after she had 3 attempts of questioning me as to whom I am, I finally said Shelley from the clinic. She nearly fell over and said I was totally different already and imagine when I have lost 40kgs. It was amazing how people look at you whenever your carrying weight and didn't expect it to be me 20kgs lighter.

Then yesterday and today, my bras are so noticing to big and had to rumble through the drawers for something smaller to fit. My tops are also so big that I am actually uncomfortable to wear any longer as my male work mates (I only work with guys at work) are constantly looking at my chest and it feels like they can see all the way down my top to my toes as so baggy and lose. I love the fact to be dropping bra sizes, as my sister said I'll be out of my granny bras soon:)

My scales are slowly moving but can really feel the measurements dropping.!!

Not long Lila. I'm so excited for you and the rest of the Aussie Sleevers that are about to join us. Sorry about spelling mistakes, I'm on one bumpy bus ride home from work

Well what a great couple of last days. Yesterday at the shops and ran into the office lady at my GPs office whom I have known for years' date=' anyway said hi to her at the shop and could tell instantly she had no idea who I was. Cut a long story short after she had 3 attempts of questioning me as to whom I am, I finally said Shelley from the clinic. She nearly fell over and said I was totally different already and imagine when I have lost 40kgs. It was amazing how people look at you whenever your carrying weight and didn't expect it to be me 20kgs lighter.

Then yesterday and today, my bras are so noticing to big and had to rumble through the drawers for something smaller to fit. My tops are also so big that I am actually uncomfortable to wear any longer as my male work mates (I only work with guys at work) are constantly looking at my chest and it feels like they can see all the way down my top to my toes as so baggy and lose. I love the fact to be dropping bra sizes, as my sister said I'll be out of my granny bras soon:)

My scales are slowly moving but can really feel the measurements dropping.!!

Not long Lila. I'm so excited for you and the rest of the Aussie Sleevers that are about to join us. Sorry about spelling mistakes, I'm on one bumpy bus ride home from work[/quote']

Time to go shopping!!! Maybe somewhere like Target just to get up through the next month or two without needing to spend too much? I wish people would notice my loss1 15kgs so far. I can feel it, but few people have noticed so far.

Sent from my iPad using VST

Thanks guy's. Had a few second thoughts over the last few days but I think that it's more nerves - the better the devil you know syndrome. But it's exciting and I am looking forward to being on the losers bench!!