Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

To all Brissy / Gold Coast Sleevers' date=' let's arrange a meet-up on Saturday 6 October at either Roma Street Parklands or South Bank. I personally love South Bank as I will take my children swimming after and there are great restaurants like Kapsali's or even just a cafe - we can discuss what your preferences are and decide on a suitable location but let's lock in 6/10 @ 1pm in your diaries.

We should look at getting together every 2 months or so, on 1st Saturday of the month where we can see our little group expanding over time and be here to support one another. I love hearing and seeing everyone's progress (and exciting for Beth getting closer to her surgery)

Let me know your thoughts :)[/quote']

Hi Shelley, i start working on a new project at Cleveland 7 days a week from 22 Sep, but I will see if I can get somene to cover for me that day. What time did you have in mind? Southbank is fine with me. I loom forward to seeing you and anyone else who can make it the and witnessing the transformations. Chers, Kelli

Sent from my iPad using VST

A qq for everyone, do any of you use a Protein shake? If you do which one. I don't think I am getting enough Protein from my food and am thinking of doing a shake also.

I have hit a stall over the past week and am thinking of increasing my Protein.

Also increase my exercise.

Hope everyone is well. Also have a good week.

A qq for everyone' date=' do any of you use a Protein shake? If you do which one. I don't think I am getting enough Protein from my food and am thinking of doing a shake also.

I have hit a stall over the past week and am thinking of increasing my protein.

Hope everyone is well. Also have a good week.[/quote']

Hey Aussie

At the moment I am using celebrity slim shakes they have 26g of protein in them but I'm only 4 weeks out so not sure about long term I have to ask my nut

Hey Aussie

At the moment I am using celebrity slim shakes they have 26g of Protein in them but I'm only 4 weeks out so not sure about long term I have to ask my nut

Thanks Lilly,

I did celebrity slim shakes pre op. and have some left over. Didn't even think about them. Thanks. I dont mind the taste of them also.

Thanks Lilly' date='

I did celebrity slim shakes pre op. and have some left over. Didn't even think about them. Thanks. I dont mind the taste of them also.[/quote']

That's why I drink them because they taste so much better then other shakes and more flavors

Hi Amany' date='

I was sleeved on 18th July Almanda too but with Dr Liew. How are you going?

It's day 3 for me and it's going great, I'm not too sore just have trouble sleeping right through in the night.

Hope your doing well.[/quote']

Hi there. It is now just over 3 months after the surgery I am doing ok. Lost total 22kg. 48.5 pounds. I dropped from size 18 to size 14. The lose now is slower but I am feeling ok. Having this surgery was the best decision I ever take.

How about u ? Hope everything is going well for u

Amany

I am glad to hear you are feeing well! Where did you have your surgery done if you don't me asking? I have a week to go (or close enough lol) to surgery...am excited but also a little worried. I always look forward to people posting afterwards saying that all is okay! Hope things continue to look up for you! Cheers' date=' Lila[/quote']

hi lila, I had my surgery done in Perth WA. I felt the same as you, excited but worried. It is a major op to go through but to be honest the pain I got from the gas is much worse than the incision pain. I can only explain the gas like if you sculled a can of coke really quickly & wanted to burp but couldnt (if that makes sense). I have been in more pain before with a flu. At the moment I truly think being on liquid for the nxt two weeks is going to be the hardest part of this whole journey (my kids are eating pizza and it smells so good!!!) So try not to worry about the pain side of things its really not too bad. Just enjoy chewing while you still can lol

I use musashi n-force2, vanilla :) it tastes fine and never leaves clumps... I tried tvsn's whey less and initially it tasted fine but then about half way through there was a high concentration of insoluble grit- I think it was the artificial sugar but it tasted like drinking egg shells :( yuk

My sister likes musashi slm and she has probably tried all of them. The slm/n-force trade off is slm has lower carbs, the n-force has higher Protein... Just make sure it's not the slm Meal Replacement or you'll accidentally bump up your calories too!! Lol

A qq for everyone, do any of you use a Protein shake? If you do which one. I don't think I am getting enough Protein from my food and am thinking of doing a shake also.

I have hit a stall over the past week and am thinking of increasing my protein.

Hope everyone is well. Also have a good week.

I'd love to, will put it in my planner :) I like south bank too and would probably love a cool dip if the weather keeps getting warmer!!! I'll try and get a better nights sleep so I'm less yawny and tired :D

Oh and it would be great if we could bring a packed lunch - I can imagine all of you spending a fortune on expensive meals you can barely eat!! Lol

Also it will be only 8 months to my surgery by then... Soooooo excited! I had a pretty good day today too but was so fatigued again, I really think the reflexologist knocked my socks off- I feel amazing but sleepy ! Lol!

To all Brissy / Gold Coast Sleevers, let's arrange a meet-up on Saturday 6 October at either Roma Street Parklands or South Bank. I personally love South Bank as I will take my children swimming after and there are great restaurants like Kapsali's or even just a cafe - we can discuss what your preferences are and decide on a suitable location but let's lock in 6/10 @ 1pm in your diaries.

We should look at getting together every 2 months or so, on 1st Saturday of the month where we can see our little group expanding over time and be here to support one another. I love hearing and seeing everyone's progress (and exciting for Beth getting closer to her surgery)

Let me know your thoughts :)

I use musashi n-force2' date=' vanilla :) it tastes fine and never leaves clumps... I tried tvsn's whey less and initially it tasted fine but then about half way through there was a high concentration of insoluble grit- I think it was the artificial sugar but it tasted like drinking egg shells :( yuk

My sister likes musashi slm and she has probably tried all of them. The slm/n-force trade off is slm has lower carbs, the n-force has higher Protein... Just make sure it's not the slm Meal Replacement or you'll accidentally bump up your calories too!! Lol

[/quote']

Thanks cookeeeez. May need to go and try that one.

So I have just paid the last of the costs for surgery - yay. I also found out that I am the second surgery (not the first as I'd originally thought) for the day and the clinic are going to get back to me later this week to let me know what time etc.

A week to go ! Woot! Though I am wishing the time will fly by, I'll probably be lamenting it later in the week lol. So much to do to prepare before I go :)

Hoping you all have a great week!

Sooo excited and jealous for you Lila!!! It's good to be second, the doc'll be all warmed up for the day ;) lol

Wishing you best of luck in the last few days of your old life!!!

Sooo excited and jealous for you Lila!!! It's good to be second' date=' the doc'll be all warmed up for the day ;) lol

Wishing you best of luck in the last few days of your old life!!![/quote']

Thanks cookeeeeez :) yes, I want a warmed up, alert surgeon hehehe...so you're right, second is better!

Just had my 2 week post op appointment and it was great. I've graduated to purees and the dr thinks I'm healing nicely. Best of all, lots of pre sleevers asked me how far out I was and complemented me on how well I'm doing.

Ugh...not having a great day today...am feeling quite nauseated. Did anyone else feel like this on their pre-op diet? Or am I coming down with something :(