Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

Kayaragh, it is perfectly normal to have 2nd,3rd and beyond thoughts. We all had them, I had them right up until surgery, so much that my blood pressure went through the roof while I was waiting for surgery.

But you need to be really certain that you want to do this and the changes that come with the procedure, it doesn't work as well if you are not ready for it and are able to keep positive during all the phases.

Trust that you have chosen a good surgeon and team..it can be such a positive life changing experience.

Sorry I have been AWOL for a few days. Spent the last few days running around like a crazy person finishing up everything before I went overseas for my 2 month celebration tour. Am in Vegas at moment for the start of my road trip, enjoying cocktails and laughs with friends.

I'm 12 days post op and haven't had a BM since before surgery. I've tried benefibre' date=' prune juice, mixing all bran in my Protein shakes and still don't even feel like I need to go. Today I decided to go to the local Indian takeaway and get a small butter chicken, but just the sauce. Then I put that through the finest sieve I had. Hopefully will go straight through me.[/quote']

Hi, i was in the same position, but now i continue with Benefibre during the day and 2 Coloxil Senna at night. Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using VST

Hello everyone.

Well 5 days (almost) down...and only 9 days to go :) I have pretty much had an okay day today (OK is all I am aiming for at the moment lol). I am finding that today for some reason I am not really hungry at all and have to force myself to eat the Protein. I am mostly eating the veggies and the fruit allowance' date=' drinking heaps (crazy amounts) of Water and cups of tea. I cooked dinner tonight and am just not all that into it - such a relief after the past few days of intense hunger (it was actually painful at times!). I've not eaten much at all today (2 mandarins, half a banana, 100g lean mince) and tonight I've had about a cup of veggies and nibbled on some steak but can't see myself finishing it at the moment. I can still have some pineapple later if I want to so I might even just have that. I can't believe the difference between yesterday and today.

I think things were exacerbated by an intense work schedule (I worked 2 x 13 hour days this week) and a bit of exhaustion. I've throttled back quite a lot on the work for the next week so I am hoping that will make things go easier for me in the last week. I had a "moment" today when I realised it was only 9 days to go :) That was a great feeling.

Tomorrow will be a bit trying as I have my son's 7th birthday party - taking him and 20 (oh my god) kids to the movies (we live in a small town and we've hired the theatre so it will just be us thank goodness - won't have to try to ride herd on 20 kids in a crowd) but there will be the smell of pop corn and then the birthday cake. It's not his birthday until the 31st but because I am leaving that weekend to go to the Coast for my surgery, he can't have his party then. So we have two cakes (one tomorrow, and again next Friday). Never been a cake eater but I am sure I will be looking at that cake like a drowning man looks at a dinghy LOL

Anyway, thanks for all the support over the past few days! I literally couldn't have done it without you guy's!!

Cheers, Lila[/quote']

Hi Lila, may I suggest you take something with you to eat or drink at the party so you won't be hungry, thirsty or tempted. Glad you had a better couple of days. It does get easier. Good luck.

Need advice! Now that I have been approved its time to actually schedule my date for surgery....and I just can't do it! I made up my mind more than 6 month ago to have this procedure and now I feel like I can't go through with it- did anyone else feel like this? I know it hasn't helped to be reading the complications part of the forum.....fairdinkum' date=' when a sleeve goes bad it reeeeeeally goes bad!! I know that I really need this and I really want this....so what's my problem??[/quote']

It is natural to feel the way you do. It is a big decision and you have to feel comfortable within yourself that you are doing the right thing for you! It is quite a journey and you have to be prepared to make it even if things do go wrong - and you are right they do seem to sound like a nightmare when they go wrong!

You can't take away from the fact that this is major surgery and there are risks. I remember saying to myself - 'is this really necessary??' and I must confess that even now as I learn to eat again,in a dark moment, I have been known to question if I did the right thing HOWEVER I know I did !!

The way I looked at it was that OK there is a 1% chance that you could have complications, however if I don't do this what are the percentages relating to the risks of getting heart disease, bowel cancer, breast cancer and now they are linking Alzheimer's! and who knows what else! The percentages are a lot higher than 1%!

Overeating and being obese was slowly but surely killing me! I can see where my parents are at 70 and how being overweight has degraded their quality of life and i just didin't want to go there! I felt I had to do this to save my life. I am 50 and it was all starting to show up in my blood tests - fatty liver disease, high collesterol, elevated sugars - so the writing was on the wall! On a more superficial level, I thought wouldn't it be great to be able to walk into Esprit,Jag or Whitchery and buy clothes!

Anyway, Kayarah, I hope you are able to come to your decision, and be at peace with it. I know it is scarey!I

If you have a kind GP, maybe a chat would be a good idea. It might help hearing an opinion from a another medical professional who neutral to where you would be booing our surgery.

Let me know how you go.

Need advice! Now that I have been approved its time to actually schedule my date for surgery....and I just can't do it! I made up my mind more than 6 months ago to have this procedure and now I feel like I can't go through with it- did anyone else feel like this? I know it hasn't helped to be reading the complications part of the forum.....fairdinkum' date=' when a sleeve goes bad it reeeeeeally goes bad!! I know that I really need this and I really want this....so what's my problem??[/quote']

Be strong, you've done your research and now it's time to follow through. I knew i had no alternative that i could live with as i knew this was right. Scary yes, but also a positive thing and apart from researching i didn't try and over think it. i am sure you have heard nothing but positive things from people on this site who have experienced getting a sleeve and that is because complcations (and there is really only one main one - A leak) are VERY rare. If you follow the instructions there will be no problems. You need to decide for yourself, whilst considering....what does the alternative look like??

Cookeeeeez & Sheley, i look forward to meeting you this afternoon at 2.00pm at Melange Cafe at Roma St Parklands.

Thanks Kelliv, Sueoco and Aussiegirl! It is reassuring to hear that having second thoughts is normal. When I had my daughter 11 years ago I hemorraged, lost 2 1/2 litres of blood, had emergency surgery and 4 blood transfusions, only to hemorrage again 2 months later from further complications. It took 8 months of physio to recover properly. I guess a part of me is scared to go through those kinds of health emergencies again- except now I am willingly putting myself in a situation where it could all go wrong again. I am however confident with my surgeon and will be sticking to the rules to the letter! Forgive me if im wrong, but I have noted that nearly every major horror story starts with being hospitalised repeatedly from dehydration- which i know is often from repeated vomiting so not blaming anyone- I will be focusing on hydration and Protein (in little sips) first and foremost! Thank you all again for your wonderful support, I don't know where I'd be without u all!! xx

Kayarg Im having my sleeve Monday week 3/9 I have read about the complications I think that is human nature shouldnt do it but I do.

Im nervous I think gee what if they go in and find something, stupid I know.

I also think after I will feel wtf have I done but u have to stay positive.The op is the day after my birthday I will be so nervous Im not scared of any pain I hade a 11.5 llb bubby haha.

Have u chose your surgeon yet???

Stay tought Julie

It was lovely meeting Shellz and Cookeeeees today at Roma Street Parklands and i loved the walk around the glorious park afterwards. I look forward to catching up again soon and hopefully we will have a few other Brisbane people join us.

It was lovely meeting Shellz and Cookeeeees today at Roma Street Parklands and i loved the walk around the glorious park afterwards. I look forward to catching up again soon and hopefully we will have a few other Brisbane people join us.

It was a great afternoon meeting you both. Looking forward to the next one and be great for more to join us :)

I had a great day too :) ran into a friend on train so only just got home lol, am so tired I could fall over!!!

8 days to go on pre-op diet. Feel like it's really only a week though cause my surgery is at 8am on the 3rd so it doesn't really count :) Feeling pretty good - got through the son's birthday party without even licking the icing off my fingers lol...Has anyone tried SlimPasta? It is actually a vegetable that is a Pasta substitute. It's got 33kg per 100g and NO CARBS. As I am doing my pre-op diet by food, I tried it tonight. It's great!

There is no smell, it's easy to cook and though it is clearly not Pasta, it is the closest I am going to come for quite a while :) It is actually a japanese vegetable (they've used it to make noodles for years) and supposedly quite healthy.

The best thing is that it is SO filling! I had about 50g of it and am full (and for the first time in a week, feel satisfied).

Hope everyone is having a good weekend ! Cheers, Lila

LOL 33 kj not kg's hehehe - that's not so healthy :)

Lol! I think I have that too I'll go check...

Yup, naked noodles ordered from organic Australia online, Shirataki noodles made from konjac plant.

6 cals per 100g

0% fat

1g Protein

4g carbs in form of fibre and are 20% Calcium.

Haven't tried them yet but told to rinse them before use as packaging has a slight smell that disappears after rinsing...

Good find Lila :D glad your doing well, so excited for your surgery!!!!