Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

That is awesome Kelli. I too have started crossing my legs and it felt GREAT. Can't remember being able to ever do it before :)

Funny the little things you notice which make you smile. I was sitting with hubby tonight and could feel these little knobbly bones/bumps on my wrists which I haven't felt before then I'm like what the - when did these make an appearance

That's so true Shelley. Love your latest photo. You are looking amazing. How is the training going?

Lol the gurgling sounds like a drain pipe or something haha

Hi Kelli - I used to get it but it has now disappeared so it might go. I seem to have finally had my first stall this week as well as the hair fall. A bit discouraging I must admit. I am also having a struggle with my diet - just seem to want to eat all the Halloween left over chocolate! I packed my son off to school with them to get it out of the house!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Hi Lila

That's great weight loss to date, but should you be eating mince this early? Haven't you just moved from liquid to puree? The pain may mean you are not yet ready for this solid food, rather than anything sinister. Maybe you should have pureed it? If you stick to the soft food and e kind to yourself I am sure you will be fine. Whatever you do, don't stop eating altogether as you need fuel. Take it easy and I hope you have a better day today.

Hi Kelli - my dietician has me on a mix on stages between puree and mushies at the moment. Her advice last week was to try things and to pull back if there were any problems. So i definitely pulled back perhaps a little too far. I ended up going to stay with my parents for three days because I was so worried. I actually now think it was a combination of strained muscles and anxiety that stopped me from eating. I ended up doing as you suggested and went back to puree things and today had a little fish. It stayed down pretty well thankfully and I speak to my dietician again today so I will talk to her about it a little more. Thanks for the advice though - it makes a lot of sense! Cheers, Liss

I saw a trichologist on Friday and she reassured me that my hair loss will slow down and things should now start returning back to normal. She had a look at my scalp under the microscope (eeww) and she said everything looked good.

I'm doing all the right things with regards to supplements etc.

What Hair growth I have is very fine, but she said it'll thicken over time. I hope so. It's so thin :(

When does ur hair start falling out?? Is it different for everyone?

Hi Kelli - my dietician has me on a mix on stages between puree and mushies at the moment. Her advice last week was to try things and to pull back if there were any problems. So i definitely pulled back perhaps a little too far. I ended up going to stay with my parents for three days because I was so worried. I actually now think it was a combination of strained muscles and anxiety that stopped me from eating. I ended up doing as you suggested and went back to puree things and today had a little fish. It stayed down pretty well thankfully and I speak to my dietician again today so I will talk to her about it a little more. Thanks for the advice though - it makes a lot of sense! Cheers' date=' Liss[/quote']

Hi Lila, it is definitely trial and error and when in doubt just pull back a little as you did. Sounds like you are getting all the right advice from the professionals. Stay strong and try and relax and enjoy the ride now if you can. The hardest part if behind you now.

When does ur hair start falling out?? Is it different for everyone?

It is around the 3-5 month mark after surgery but I am sure it is different for everyone. I read on one of the other threads that a lady was off to buy a wig which kind of freaked me out! My dietician said that only about a fifth of people lose hair but from what I have read it seems that a bit more than that experience some loss. I am just keeping the Protein up, taking my supplements and hoping for the best i.e. that I don't end up the 'skinny bald chook!'

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Hi all, it's my 1 week surgerversary !!! Yay!!! I've been having a real crook shoulder which I hurt before surgery, been taking endone that I got for pain from surgeon! Went and had accupuncture today but it didn't quite fix it. Been feeling real lethargic and a bit spacey.

Just wanted to know if anyone did baby food for purée n mushee stage, seems ideal to me, lil jar, good for u, Protein n carbs.

Hi all' date=' it's my 1 week surgerversary !!! Yay!!! I've been having a real crook shoulder which I hurt before surgery, been taking endone that I got for pain from surgeon! Went and had accupuncture today but it didn't quite fix it. Been feeling real lethargic and a bit spacey.

Just wanted to know if anyone did baby food for purée n mushee stage, seems ideal to me, lil jar, good for u, Protein n carbs.[/quote']

Hi Scotty - I did try baby food but so much of it had lumps in it and it didn't taste that great. You might like the taste so just try it and see what you think.

Hi all' date=' it's my 1 week surgerversary !!! Yay!!! I've been having a real crook shoulder which I hurt before surgery, been taking endone that I got for pain from surgeon! Went and had accupuncture today but it didn't quite fix it. Been feeling real lethargic and a bit spacey.

Just wanted to know if anyone did baby food for purée n mushee stage, seems ideal to me, lil jar, good for u, Protein n carbs.[/quote']

Scotty, i bought it in tubes (about 12 of them!) and thought the quality organic stuff would be ideal, but after trying it cold I couldn't do it and it's all still sitting in the cupboard. Try it first and see if you like it..

I had the baby custard which wasn't fabulous for taste but perfect portion size and went down easily.

Hi all, it's my 1 week surgerversary !!! Yay!!! I've been having a real crook shoulder which I hurt before surgery, been taking endone that I got for pain from surgeon! Went and had accupuncture today but it didn't quite fix it. Been feeling real lethargic and a bit spacey.

Just wanted to know if anyone did baby food for purée n mushee stage, seems ideal to me, lil jar, good for u, Protein n carbs.

Hi Scotty, Congratulations on your surgery and your recovery. Do you know what you have done to damage your shoulder? I had Rotator Cuff surgery on both of my shoulders two years ago and recently I re-injured the left shoulder. Thank heavens for my great surgeon because after lots of different opinions and treatments including an MRI we discovered that I had some sort of 'soft tissue' injury. I have found Myotherapy to be fantastic for reducing the discomfort and another little trick that is working is to put my arm in a very loose sling at night so that my arm and therefore my shoulder don't end up in an awkward, twisted position while I am asleep. My Myotherapist does acupuncture and 'cupping' which has slowly been reducing the pain in my shoulder. Heat packs might also help.

I hope you get some relief soon.

one_elle26

Saw the psychologist yesterday. Got the all clear after 15mins so onwards and upwards from here. Consult with surgeon on 23rd November with hopefully a date in mid Feb!

Scotty you are doing super well!

Lila don't worry about scaring me, I have followed your journey and am so pleased everything is working out! I welcome all input positive and negative.