Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Are All The May Sleevies Holding Up?

Congrats!!! So excited for you!!

The lean cuisine's are GREAT! I used those for my pre-op diet too. I haven't found one that i didn't like. THey are filling and very tasty!!I I'm on Day 4 after surgery and feeling really good. I could actually sleep on my side last night. About to go walking again. Still not the least bit hungry and haven't had any solid food for a week! Dr. also found a hiatal hernia (apparently a nice one) and repaired it.... so' date=' I got a 2 for 1 deal!! :)

The head hunger is not bad now when I'm not hungry. I watched my son eat a piece of pizza last night. For a split second I wanted to take a huge bite, chew it, and then spit it out. But my husband talked me out of it! Told me that it wasn't that great.... tasted like cardboard. Hey, I love cardboard! HAHAHA

I'm off most of the pain meds now.... just taking them at night to get a full night's sleep. And, i'm having a 1/2 cup of black coffee right now. Tastes like the best coffee in the world! Oh, and I was 6 lbs up from before surgery (prob from all the fluids by IV), and today i'm 2 pounds down from pre-surgery! So, I drink drink drink and it gets easier!

Hope you all are doing well![/quote']

What are you drinking? How much are you walking?

I'm almost 48 hours out. Had my surgery on Thursday, and got in 36 ounces of Water plus 16 oz of chicken broth the same day. My doctor said it is really unusual for patients to get that much Fluid in the day of surgery. My surgery was outpatient. Yesterday was slightly challenging. Lots of discomfort on right side from muscles where larger incision was made. But, I got in all my fluids through water, Jello and chicken broth--64 ounces. I really took it easy yesterday, walked some, and mostly stayed in my bed watching movies. Slept pretty well last night with heating paid on my shoulders since I have discomfort there resulting from the fix on my hiatal hernia. I can also sleep on my right side--yippee!! This morning I am having my first chocolate Protein Drink and it tastes good and is going down great! My tummy is gurgling and gas is present, but it's not uncomfortable. I am so thankful that things are going well so far! For those of you struggling, I'm praying it gets better for you!!!

I'm almost 48 hours out. Had my surgery on Thursday' date=' and got in 36 ounces of Water plus 16 oz of chicken broth the same day. My doctor said it is really unusual for patients to get that much Fluid in the day of surgery. My surgery was outpatient. Yesterday was slightly challenging. Lots of discomfort on right side from muscles where larger incision was made. But, I got in all my fluids through Water, Jello and chicken broth--64 ounces. I really took it easy yesterday, walked some, and mostly stayed in my bed watching movies. Slept pretty well last night with heating paid on my shoulders since I have discomfort there resulting from the fix on my hiatal hernia. I can also sleep on my right side--yippee!! This morning I am having my first chocolate Protein drink and it tastes good and is going down great! My tummy is gurgling and gas is present, but it's not uncomfortable. I am so thankful that things are going well so far! For those of you struggling, I'm praying it gets better for you!!![/quote']

Wow I wish I

12 days til surgery and my main support system is pretty much gone. I'll have to figure out how to do this on my own, but like so much of the many other obstacles I've overcome, I will get through it. I always do. I'm heartbroken, scared & disappointed.

Wow I wish I was that far advanced congratulations on all your success

12 days til surgery and my main support system is pretty much gone. I'll have to figure out how to do this on my own' date=' but like so much of the many other obstacles I've overcome, I will get through it. I always do. I'm heartbroken, scared & disappointed.[/quote']

Did something just happen? I'm sorry. Your new life begins in 13 days and I hope happiness finds you there!

My surgery date is May 22nd at Johns Hopkins Bayview with Dr. Schweitzer. I don't have a pre-op diet, just liquids one day prior and nothing after midnight. However, I plan to do 2 soy Protein Shakes a day and a sensible meal (lunch) a week prior to surgery just to make things easier for us both lol.

12 days til surgery and my main support system is pretty much gone. I'll have to figure out how to do this on my own' date=' but like so much of the many other obstacles I've overcome, I will get through it. I always do. I'm heartbroken, scared & disappointed.[/quote']

What happened??? You know we will all be here for you!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

He's in love with his ex wife... I'm completely devastated, but it's not going to stop me. I've been through worse and came out better than before. This is no different. His loss... Or that's what I keep telling myself.

Oh honey - bless your heart - and you are better off!!! You know that - hold yourself together - a whole new life is waiting for you!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Anyone five days out who are hungry I've been having crystal light and a Jello and im still hungry

He's in love with his ex wife... I'm completely devastated' date=' but it's not going to stop me. I've been through worse and came out better than before. This is no different. His loss... Or that's what I keep telling myself.[/quote']

GIRL, I have been divorced twice...first husband was a cheater. Second walked out and left because he thought relationships were supposed to be easy and we fought so he wanted out. The first one wasn't that hard to let go of for obvious reasons but I really wanted things to work with my second husband so I was heartbroken. Never thought I would be happy again. I am now re-married to my soul mate. We have a gorgeous son together and I am happier than I ever knew possible. We truelly are best friends. We have been together for 6 yrs now and it just keeps getting better every yr! You have to kiss a few frogs before you will appreciate having your Prince!!! Hang in there!!! Before you knwo it you will be losing weight, feeling great and ready to date again!!!

Bah... I'm a lil embarrassed! I snooped and found things I thought meant something they didn't.

Bah... I'm a lil embarrassed! I snooped and found things I thought meant something they didn't.

well that's good its all working out then! snooping is no good but we all have to do it, right?? :P