Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help I Don't Want To Eat Or Drink

grannyk - it's perfectly OK to have more than 1 scoop at a time, but you're aiming for about 30gm per meal/serving/whatever.

The Syntrax nectar I use is 6gm per 1/4 scoop. I use 1 1/4 scoops to put me right at 30gm (I mix this one with water). You can really use however many scoops you'd like, as long as the nutritional value for all combined doesn't exceed whatever protein/carb/calorie ratio your plan calls for in Protein supplementation.

This morning I had a Premiere RTD (30gm) on my drive in. There was a huge accident, so I was actually able to finish it before I got to work. I've just been doing Protein drinks for so long (off and on for 6 years) that I'm kind of over them, right when I really need to be the most dependent on them. And I used to be able to drink them quickly, so they stayed somewhat enjoyable. Now with the sleeve sucking on the same thing for 2 hours isn't quite as charming. Especially since I can't stand them warm, and have to re-refrigerate them every 30 mins or so.

I can get all my protein in if I eat sashimi. I love sashimi, but for every single meal, for several days, it's a bit old. At this point (I'm just 5 wks out) it's still that, or a supplement. Ick!

What about mixing a scoop and a half in 8 oz milk, instead of just one scoop? That would be at least 30 gms + what is in the milk in one shake. Is that not allowed? I used to do that for Breakfast, so I started off the day with more than 1/2 of my protein in before I got to work. Kathe

I've seen smoothie king but they closed it down. I will love to try one. Now it's 45 grams of Protein per serving . If its a whole glass. How many servings are those?? Just thinking. I ordered the Liquid Protein from Vita4Life and it's nasty!! I might check their return policy. I'm so worry about how am I gonna get my Proteins ...

I had that same issue, I could never get in all my Protein. I still don't get in as much as I'm supposed to and I'm starting to be able to tell it in my strength...BUT....I have started drinking Isopure drinks. The grape flavor is actually pretty good. If you go to The Vitamin Shoppe you can buy individual bottles. That has, so far, been the only way to get in any kind of Liquid Protein for me. The powders make me sick, just smelling it makes me nauseous. I do want to try smoothie King as well, maybe I'll do that on my lunch break today! :)

I've tried the Isopure powders (easily the most digusting powder). I bought the huge $80 can when I had my band in 2006 and could only make it through 2 drinks. I threw the tub away. I was going to try and make it to GNC tomorrow to try one of the drinks, I've heard from others they're pretty good if they're really cold. I'm glad you shared another positive review for them!

I thought about trying the Isopure RTD but at $5+ a pop, I thing I want to try some of the powders first. I'm pre-op so I have a bit of time to try a bunch of different stuff. I'm lucky in that I don't mind the taste of most of the Protein Drinks I've tried so far. Fingers crossed it remains the same after surgery!

$5 per drink is a lot, yes, but since my surgery in January I have EASILY spent $300 on powders, syrups, pre-made shakes, pills, etc trying DESPERATELY to find some sort of Protein that I could tolerate. They sell cases of the Isopure as well but it's only one flavor. So far I just stick with grape. 12 drinks for $40 and they do coupons all the time at Vitamin Shoppe. I'm thrilled with that because I get my protein and I don't have to worry about it making me sick. I still need to try the green flavor and the blue one. I didn't like pineapple Orange banana AT ALL and Alpine Punch was just ok but not great.

Omg. Every time i got close to protine shakes they made me gag. I have a big problem with alot of the protine. I use Unjury. I could not drink it. The extra protine has a certain smell so i can not stomach it. So i drink my slimfast and muscle milk that is all i can get down.

I didn't mind the powders pre-op. Post op was a totally different story. I hate them now! So needless to say im not even coming close to my Protein intake as I am 8 days post op. Thank you for sharing the Isopure drinks. I will need to try them for sure. DPS Nutrition has them for $42 bucks for 12 bottles. Pricey yes but hopefully worth it.

I'm spending way more than $5 per "meal" on sashimi, which is the only thing (right now) letting me skip the Protein drinks, so... it's all a wash in the end. And either way, it's much less than I spent on a meal pre-op!

Thank you all for your input. It is good to know that I am not alone with this issue :)

I found that the Pure Protien drinks and the EAS drinks are the only 2 that I can get down Pure Protien have any where from 23 to 35 gr. And EAS have 17 to 20 gr. Per drink. They aren't to bad. Walmart carries both now but I found them first at Drug Emporium. Also I can take a 16 oz glass of milk and add some powdered milk and some chocolate milk mix this give me 20 grams of protien.