Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I may have gall baldder troubles.

I have been having lots of pain in my stomach, side and back for a couple of weeks and it is just getting worse. It hurts after I eat. but not like a band problem. food is going down great but a few mins later I am almost doubled over in pain. I can't drink Water at all. but I can drink juices. I went to my Family Dr. and he thinks it's my gall bladder. Of course when I went to see him I was feeling GREAT. Wouldn't you know it!? He started pushing around on my stomach and I was telling him " I have no pain today" and then he pushed on the right side of my stomach and IT HURT!! He said that is where my gall bladder is. I am going in for a HIDA scan on Friday. I am going to still get a unfill for a little while but I can't get into that appointment until next Tuesday the 22nd. It may sound funny but I am praying for it to be my gall baldder and NOT my band. I still need my band but I don't need my gb.

Please everyone Pray, chant, sent white lights or what ever you believe. I can use all the help I can get right know!

Thanks everyone, YOU'RE THE BEST!!!!!

Good luck. I had many of the same problems that you did. Had the HIDA scan and found that the gallbladder wasn't functioning properly. Had it out and feel great no pain.

Sorry about your pain, but I'd be like you. "Be the gallbladder and not the band please!"

You've had some incredible weight loss. Congrats on that part!

Shawn

I had that same problem 2 weeks ago while on vac. after a 5 hour drive back home then a trip to the ER for 14 hours before getting a bed. The gall bladder is gone and I'm on the road to recovery (slowly). Good luck to you and hope you get it out soon.

The HIDA scan will give you your answers. If the pain is worse when you inject fatty foods, it's a pretty good bet it's your GB. Mine "died" after I lost a lot of weight 4 years ago and is now history. I hope you're feeling better soon.

If the pain is worse when you inject fatty foods, it's a pretty good bet it's your GB. Mine "died" after I lost a lot of weight 4 years ago and is now history. I hope you're feeling better soon.

Exactly the same here! I dieted my Buns off a few years ago and ended up in the emergency room to get my gallbladder out. But, after it was gone-I felt great! Good luck!

gallbladders are evil little organs. ;)

i had mine out a year ago; it went out with quite a bang, to. the pain of that was SO much worse than childbirth for me.

didn't need any pain meds post-op, though. taking it out was blessing enough.

good luck!!!

If the gallbladder gets toasted from dieting, is gallbladder removal just something to be planned on after the band? Atleast my insurance WOULD cover that, ha!

It's very common for the gall bladder to act up after weight loss, or pregnancy. Fatty and spicy foods seem to irritate it, or make it worse when infection, stones or sludge are present in the gb. I had mine out and was feeling up to speed in a few hours, back to normal in a couple of days. After the pain and suffering with the cholecystitis, and cholelithiasis (gb irritation, and gb stones) the removal was such a relief!

I hope it your gall blader and not your Band! If you have to have your Gallblader removed its not that bad a few days and you will be fine. Good luck.

UPDATE ON MY GB!!

I went to the hospital for the HIDA scan on Friday. 15 min into the test they stopped and told me to get up, have 3 cups of Water and they would come and get me again in 20 min. Did all that and they still couldn't get the gb to show up. so off to ultrasound to see what they could find. She can see a few stones. I then was taken back to the HIDA scan to try again. They could not finish the test. Too much blockage. They couldn't tell me anything that needed to be done so I have to wait until Thursday to see my Dr. AAAARRRRHHHHHH!!!!

I am still going to get a unfill on Tuesday.

I am so weak because I just can't eat or drink. But I do force the fluids down so I wont get dehydrated.(fingers crossed)

I can't eat, I can't drink and I can't sleep! I think I am falling apart at the seams!

Thanks for listening to me whine! You all are the best!!

wut side is your gollbladder on cuz i have been having pain in my upper left side, underneth my lowest rid so idk if thts my chest or stomach, i get it in the same spot in my back as well, it not making me double over but deffently hurts alot, and it not all the time, but when the pain comes i want it to go away fast,

Rissa, gallbladder pain is on the right side and you are describing classic symptoms of gallbladder disease so you should make an appt. to have it checked out.

Terri, I'm an RN and I don't understand what the problem is. If the gallbladder fails to show-up on a HIDA scan it means there is a blockage. They can give you an isotope "chaser" and rescan you in 20 minutes and I think that's what they did for you. If the gallbladder STILL doesn't visualize, you're usually referred to a surgeon to have it OUT. Follow-up with a surgeon and take your HIDA scan and sonogram results. You need surgery, not a runaround.