Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Free Ipod Touch Contest!

We’re Giving Away a New iPod Touch!

To Celebrate the release of our Mobile apps, we’re giving away a brand-new Apple iPod Touch. It’s a drawing, but we want to reward our active posters, referrers, bloggers, members with completed profiles and new members. The more you participate in VerticalSleeveTalk.com, the better chance you have of winning. Here’s how it works.

Eligibility and Chances of Winning

• Forum members must make at least one post in any forum on VerticalSleeveTalk during the contest period of 30 days from today.
  • Members must have a completed patient profile.
  • You can increase your chances of winning by making more forum and blog posts, uploading more photos and referring members.

At the end of the contest period, one of the forum administrators will find all of the eligible forum members – remember, you have to make at least one post and have a completed Gastric Sleeve profile. We’ll make a big spreadsheet with the Username of each member who is eligible, and assign points based on your activities. The more points you have, the better your chances of getting the iPod!

Point Structure

• 1 point: each forum post and each uploaded photo
  • 2 points: each forum post from our mobile apps and each blog post
  • 5 points: join a group
  • 10 Points: complete My Surgery, My Surgeon or My Gastric Sleeve Story; upload before and/or after photos
  • 20 points for each successful member referral; and
  • 40 points for a fully completed patient profile

Get Involved Again

If you’re an old-timer who hasn’t been around much, this contest is a great opportunity to bring you back to the boards. You have tons of experience and advice to share with newer gastric sleeve patients. If you’ve fallen off the wagon, don’t be shy. It’s never too late to get back on, and we’re here to give you the support and confidence you need for success in your lifestyle goals.

product_title.png

features_hero.jpg

features_title.png

iPod touch takes fun to the next level. It now comes in two colors: black and white. It includes iOS 5, which gives you over 200 exciting new features. And with iCloud, whatever’s on your iPod touch is automatically on your other devices, too.

Hi Alex,

The refer a friend link is not working, it just takes me somewhere to log in and after logging it brings me back here.

Cool context!

Hi Alex,

The refer a friend link is not working, it just takes me somewhere to log in and after logging it brings me back here.

Cool context!

Thanks! the link has been corrected.

For the completed patient profile, does every detail have to be filled out? For instance, I don't remember when my first doctor appointment was or what the exact cost of my surgery, so I didn't put it down. Will it still count?

I second the question on not having answers on patient profile - my doctor isn't listed in the drop box and there is no option to type a name in. I also don't know the total cost of my surgery?????

For the completed patient profile, does every detail have to be filled out? For instance, I don't remember when my first doctor appointment was or what the exact cost of my surgery, so I didn't put it down. Will it still count?

You should fill it out as best as possible, even if you have to guesstimate some costs and dates.

As long as there's any info about you in your profile, you'll still qualify.

I second the question on not having answers on patient profile - my doctor isn't listed in the drop box and there is no option to type a name in. I also don't know the total cost of my surgery?????

Who was your surgeon ?

We're referring to your total out of pocket, not the actual cost of surgery.

My surgeon was Edward Facundus with Alabama Surgical Associates in Huntsville, Al

My surgeon was Edward Facundus with Alabama Surgical Associates in Huntsville, Al

We've added your surgeon here.

Awesome!

Hello Alex, can we get some points for having an updated ticker on our signatures? When I first joined, it really helped me when I knew how much someone started out at, and how far along they got in various lengths of time.

Hello Alex, can we get some points for having an updated ticker on our signatures? When I first joined, it really helped me when I knew how much someone started out at, and how far along they got in various lengths of time.

Great suggestion! We're rolling out our own tickers and trackers this week and we'll add point tracking to that right away.