Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Band To Sleeve 4/17/2012

Hello I'm new to the forum!

I went from the lap band to sleeve one week ago because I lost absolutely no weight with the band. My band was done by Dr. Rodriguez in Juarez, Mexico and by sleeve was done by Dr. Mario Almanza in Tiajuana. I must say the sleeve already seems like a much better fit than the lap band as I have already lost 5 pounds! However, i wonder when will the pain end?

When I drink anything other than Water right now, I get a pain in the top part of my stomach. Is that normal? It feels a little scary to me even though the doctor said that its normal. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm hoping its just my stomach healing and it will get easier day by day.

Hello I'm new to the forum!

I went from the lap band to sleeve one week ago because I lost absolutely no weight with the band. My band was done by Dr. Rodriguez in Juarez, Mexico and by sleeve was done by Dr. Mario Almanza in Tiajuana. I must say the sleeve already seems like a much better fit than the lap band as I have already lost 5 pounds! However, i wonder when will the pain end?

When I drink anything other than Water right now, I get a pain in the top part of my stomach. Is that normal? It feels a little scary to me even though the doctor said that its normal. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm hoping its just my stomach healing and it will get easier day by day.

Very normal, and it will pass.I revised from the lap-band to the sleeve and as of today with preop diet included, I have lost 40lbs. I went from 230 to 190.

Thanks! That's really good to know. When did you have your surgery?

2-27-12

What you're feeling is completely normal. Your new sleeve is still swollen from the surgery (takes about 10-14 days for swelling to go down). Just remember that at this point, anything you drink (or eat) to take itty bitty baby sips (or bites). Wait a few minutes between sips/bites. I had a band to sleeve revision on 3/22/12 and I'm down 32lbs. I can tell such a HUGE difference with the sleeve. I'm on soft foods right now and by the end of next week I'll be on "regular foods" (woo-hoo)!! It will get better for you, I promise!

Me too I had band to sleeve in Dec and I am down 50lbs. The only problem I have if I over eat it really hurts, so as soon as I get the feeling of being full I stop eating. And there are certain foods I eat they hurt my stomach like breads, rice foods that seem to swell when moisture hits them, I avoid them all. Good luck you will be happy with your decesion.

converting from the band to the sleeve is the smartest thing that I have ever done. It's still a little uncomfortable after I eat a meal, but it has gotten much better. Now I can drink fluids normally and that has made me feel alot better. I am down almost 12 pounds in 3 weeks without exercise. That's a tremendous blessing! Also I feel like some bad hormones have left my body and I have much more energy than I had before surgery. good luck!

I just went for a follow up on my last fill and have decided to go from band to sleeve. I was banded 2 years ago this past Sunday and it just has not been working!! I was down about 40lbs the first year and gained 22lbs back since January of 2011. So here I am. Glad to hear I am not the only one out there doing this. How do you like the sleeve??