Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cant Stop Losing/passing Out After Overeating?

im about a year and a half post op and i do not want to lose weight anymore. Unfortunately it seems like Im having trouble stoping. I feel like not matter what I do my weight is still slowely droping. im down to 110 lbs and i probably have close to 5 to 10 lbs in extra skin I need to get removed. I guess my question is, how do I stop? I also have been experiencing some less than normal things with my body... Its only happend a few times but sometimes when I eat too much at once I get extremely dizzy, sweaty, and then i pass out. Its happend to me a few times but the last time it happend the last thing i remember is laying in my bed knowing i was about to pass out and not being able to controll it, and then i remember waking up the next morning... it was kind of scarey. I dont know whats going on with me, anyone else experience anything like this?

This sound pretty serious to me. Have you spoken to your doctor? It's possible that your blood pressure is dropping dangerously low. Also, you might consider speaking to a NUT about how to stop your weight loss. Best of luck to you!

Have you called your surgeon or your NUT? Search the internet for medical facilities that post this topic. Hope it gets better. How tall are you? What are you eating? If it's high sugar foods than some of this makes sense. Please let us know but determinately call your surgeon's office. ;)

I'm very concerned about you. I looked at a previous post you made that mentioned you have cholesterol levels in the mid 300's and your insulin levels are dangerously low. With extremely low blood sugar levels and then passing out after eating, it seems there is something very wrong. I don't mean to scare you, but I do want to be honest about that fact that I think you need to get to a doctor TODAY. Please keep us updated. I'll be sending you good thoughts that you are getting the medical interventions needed and are feeling better soon.

In a cruel twist of fate, my brother has always had issues keeping weight on, so I've seen all his tricks.

Some suggestions:

Add fat to your diet. Butter on veggies, cook in healthy olive oil, cheese in your morning eggs, etc. It doesn't take up much more volume in your tummy, but will add calories.

Drink some calories. Again, not suggested for most banders, but every day my brother drinks milk, juices, and even has an occasional milkshake. Again, all in an effort to get in calories. He also does soda, but we can't do that, I don't think, with the sleeve.

Add Protein powder to everything. He scoops it in oatmeal or yogurt in the morning, generally, but it can be hidden in a lot of places. There are Protein powders that are specifically for people that are trying to put on weight.

HIgh quality Snacks - He eats a lot of nuts or nutbutters on apples, etc. and cheese sticks for Snacks. I'm not sure if you can fit those in, but it might be easier to eat more often.

Passing out after eating is odd, though. Low blood sugar would mean passing out, but after eating, your sugar should be higher. I'd have that checked.

Core Series makes a Protein powder called True Mass. One serving is like...600 calories. My husband uses it to gain weight in conjunction with his workouts. If you have insulin issues however, be careful, because this has some sugar in it. Lots of carbs.

Definitely work this out with your doctor!!!

low blood sugar is no joke.. someone i knew had a lowest sugar of 13 and I dont know how they survivied, and there was a massive seizure with this too. As well as the highest flood sugar was 1300 which waaaaaaaay out of the ball park can through you in a coma.. if you love yourself or you have people who love you or depend on you.. you will take your arse to the and find the problem.. Scary.. be safe

What is happening to your body is not right. Sounds like a blood sugar problem and you need to see your doctor asap for that. It's very serious. Have you talked to your doctor about this yet? If not please call him/her today and let them know what is going on. Keep us updated.

With love and concern, please find answers.

Another reason that would explain why this happens specifically after overeating is because your stretched-to-the-limits stomach pouch is pressing hard on the vagus nerve. Pressure on the vagus nerve causes your blood pressure and heart rate to drop. You may have heard of old people passing out while straining on the toilet - same mechanism.

If it was low blood sugar, chances are, you would never wake up after passing out.

SO After going to a few different doctors and seeing an endocrinologist and explaining my symptoms a few weeks ago my endocrinologist thought i must have low blood sugar, he gave me a blood sugar tester and asked me to moniter it and if i got the dizzy fainting spells to test it out right away. I was testing my blood sugar normally and found that I was always testing normal... I then had an appointment with my surgeon, explained all the concerns and he just looked at me like i was a hypocondriac i told him the endocrinologist was running lots of blood tests on me that i was awaiting the results of and that my bloodsugar so far was coming up normal all the time, he literally listened to me talk and then told me i was a normal healthy person and that if I REAAALY wanted too i could go get a ct scan to see everything going on if i really felt concerned but that he dosnt think i need too (im a cash pay) anyway i left his office and went home, a few days later i had another episode of nausea passing out ect.i had someone with me this time and he rushed me to the hospitol (i passed out in the car) woke up and debated going in, i walked around a little and started to feel better, i decided not to go in...then i went back to my endocrinologist this time i saw a different doctor (former er doc) and explained to him my symptoms that it happend again and that wen i tested my bloodsugar in the middle of all this it was normal. He consulted the other endo i had seen previously and they both came in to talk with me. They were fairly confident that during my surgery my surgeon damaged my vagus nerve. they seemed very concerned but at the same time there was really nothing they could do for me (they deal with blood disordered and all my blood work came out perfect) they told me that it is a huge concern but something that really dosnt have a fix and its something im going to have to learn to deal with for the rest of my life... i dont know where to go from here... the vagus nerve runs through your entire body...what does this mean? i guess i was so shocked at the diagnosis i didnt even ask all the questions i wanted too... what does this mean for me in the future when i want to have children? they seemed shocked that i saw my surgeon a few weeks ago and i explained my symptoms to him and he didnt say anything (almost like it was so obvious what was wrong with me that any experienced surgeon would KNOW what was going on and advise me of what could have happend) i feel so wronged like my surgeon was keeping this from me because he was scared of how my mother (who was with me at the appointment) would act.... i dont even know how seriouse this could be....this nerve runs through the whole body are there any people out there with maybe some knowledge on this subject that could shed some light?