Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey July Sleevers!

I wanted to introduce myself - My name is Amy and I am 33 years old. I am married to a wonderful man and have been for 12 years. We have two great boys who are 5 and 7 years old. I am a labor and delivery nurse and I truly do LOVE my job. Nothing like being a part of the miracle of birth, it is such an privilage to be able to be there for the families! :)

I have currently have the lapband unfilled inside of me. I had surgery to have to placed in Sept of 2011 so not quite a year. I had the surgery and was very hopefully it would be the tool I needed to get my weight off. It went okay for the first few months but after that nothing but problems with pain and not getting restriction. My band has been unfilled for 3 months now. I was just going to get the band out and no do the conversion to the sleeve. I had found out once the band is in insurance doesn’t really like to take it out. After much thought and researching I had decided to convert to the sleeve. My insurance has aproved the conversion to the sleeve!!

My surgery will be July 16th. I have to be at the hospital at 5am for a 7:30am surgery. I will be staying 2 nights in the hospital. My band will be coming out and I will be sleeved. I would be lieing if I said I wasn’t nervous. I am but also excited. I chose the band orginnaly because it wasn’t as “permanent” as the sleeve. Once part of your stomach is gone… its gone.. !

I want to be healthier.. I need to lose about 115 lbs which seems just overwhelming. My boys deserve a mommy who has the energy to run around with them. I deserve to be healthier and have more energy for what life has in store for me. I am so thankful I have a hubby who is so supportive, a family who is always willing to help and friends who I can count on. I look forward to getting to know you all as we proceed forward on this healthy lifetsyle we are choosing!!!

Amy :D

Hi Amy and welcome! Thanks for sharing about yourself. You'll get to know some absolutely great people on this forum. We're all here to help and support one another so I'm glad you joined. My surgery was orginally attempted June 7th but I'm scheduled for round two July 9th. Smoggy has created a great list of dates for July people so soon we'll be encouraging and praying for one another as we transition to the loser's bench. Where are you located and who's doing your surgery?

G,

I wanted to introduce myself - My name is Amy and I am 33 years old. I am married to a wonderful man and have been for 12 years. We have two great boys who are 5 and 7 years old. I am a labor and delivery nurse and I truly do LOVE my job. Nothing like being a part of the miracle of birth' date=' it is such an privilage to be able to be there for the families! :)

I have currently have the lapband unfilled inside of me. I had surgery to have to placed in Sept of 2011 so not quite a year. I had the surgery and was very hopefully it would be the tool I needed to get my weight off. It went okay for the first few months but after that nothing but problems with pain and not getting restriction. My band has been unfilled for 3 months now. I was just going to get the band out and no do the conversion to the sleeve. I had found out once the band is in insurance doesn’t really like to take it out. After much thought and researching I had decided to convert to the sleeve. My insurance has aproved the conversion to the sleeve!!

My surgery will be July 16[sup']th[/sup]. I have to be at the hospital at 5am for a 7:30am surgery. I will be staying 2 nights in the hospital. My band will be coming out and I will be sleeved. I would be lieing if I said I wasn’t nervous. I am but also excited. I chose the band orginnaly because it wasn’t as “permanent” as the sleeve. Once part of your stomach is gone… its gone.. !

I want to be healthier.. I need to lose about 115 lbs which seems just overwhelming. My boys deserve a mommy who has the energy to run around with them. I deserve to be healthier and have more energy for what life has in store for me. I am so thankful I have a hubby who is so supportive, a family who is always willing to help and friends who I can count on. I look forward to getting to know you all as we proceed forward on this healthy lifetsyle we are choosing!!!

Amy :D

Welcome Amy!!! I am getting sleeved on July 9th in Texas. I am nervous and excited for the lifestyle change. My family is a great support system. I started drinking a Protein shake for Breakfast this morning and it was not bad at all. My pre-op diet starts on 06/28/2012. I am trying to work my way up to the Protein shakes. I like you are new to VST but I have learned a lt in this shirt period of time. Good luck with your surgery.

Hi Amy! You have my dream job. :D I'm in nursing school right now, hoping to do L&D after I graduate. :) Good luck!

July sleevers surgery dates

July

Smoggy' date=' Patrick Curl, Faganberry, sleevertobe, ChristineS NY, ladyarwenrose,

Nabird77 (Gena) , StarshineMama, letsdothis!!!, Christylove,

Mishy, Beth-n-e,

mizzliz83,Sweetsusie,

Shangefan, Gisele3264, ~Donna~, mel2643, Argnewcan,

lacie1221, tjloser, KSDallas, bmooney364,

Mimismom, thinmomsoon, biggiesmallz,

Mrslittle (Sharnae),

misschris, purplekt,

aleach0003, momoffive, prisytomboy, stephyfly,

Mass Exodus,

PhoenixFire, Texarkolina,

Tinker,

Ymabme,Vegassleeve

31[/quote']

UPDATE!

July

Smoggy, Patrick Curl, Faganberry, sleevertobe, ChristineS NY, ladyarwenrose, emptynesterpam, Milca, Pattyhdz,

Nabird77 (Gena) , StarshineMama, letsdothis!!!, Christylove, z3djinn,

Mishy, Beth-n-e,

mizzliz83,Sweetsusie, joyfuljoy,

lacie1221, tjloser, KSDallas, bmooney364, lizzybeth,

Mimismom, thinmomsoon, biggiesmallz, DelongH, lowe1961, SkinnySmurf,

wyattgsmommy,

LizEac,

Mrslittle (Sharnae),

Amyl219,

misschris, purplekt, lynnz,

aleach0003, momoffive, prisytomboy, stephyfly, ButterflyAngel,

Minnie Me,

fbelle29,

PhoenixFire, Texarkolina, Mamaof8, StrangelyNormal, skowronski777,

kimbernada, Red597,

Tinker,

Ymabme, Vegassleeve, BlessedBeyondMeasure2012,

newmrsL,

Lovemeifyoucan,

July 9th is my sleeve date

I'm on day 7 of my liquid diet and I think I'm having somewhat of a breakthrough. I don't feel as wiped out and I actually had a little livingroom dance party with my 15 mo old and wasn't out of breath or anything. Things are definitely shifting.

Anyone else on liquids yet?

In 3 days I will be on liquids. Trying to stay positive my sleeve awaits at the end of the yellow brick road. LOL.

UPDATE!

July

Smoggy, Patrick Curl, Faganberry, sleevertobe, ChristineS NY, ladyarwenrose, emptynesterpam, Milca, Pattyhdz,

Nabird77 (Gena) , StarshineMama, letsdothis!!!, Christylove, z3djinn,

Mishy, Beth-n-e,

mizzliz83,Sweetsusie, joyfuljoy,

lacie1221, tjloser, KSDallas, bmooney364, lizzybeth,

Mimismom, thinmomsoon, biggiesmallz, DelongH, lowe1961, SkinnySmurf,

wyattgsmommy,

LizEac,

Mrslittle (Sharnae),

Amyl219,

misschris, purplekt, lynnz,

aleach0003, momoffive, prisytomboy, stephyfly, ButterflyAngel,

Minnie Me,

fbelle29,

PhoenixFire, Texarkolina, Mamaof8, StrangelyNormal, skowronski777,

kimbernada, Red597,

Tinker,

Ymabme, Vegassleeve, BlessedBeyondMeasure2012,

newmrsL,

Lovemeifyoucan,

Oops, your June 9th people fell off the updated list.

Shangefan, Gisele3264, ~Donna~, mel2643, Argnewcan, and please add Twhite. THANKS!

I had my endoscope last Friday! Nothing to it.. They put in an IV and put me sleep and I woke up about 20 minutes later. Easiest procedure I've ever had and I was nervous about it too!

My doc dosen't require a pre-op diet but I am going to do a voluntary one for a week. I'm starting on the 26th-all liquids.

Oops, your June 9th people fell off the updated list.

Shangefan, Gisele3264, ~Donna~, mel2643, Argnewcan, and please add Twhite. THANKS!

Oops, somehow they did! Thanks for that, will do when I am at a computer that is a little less unpredictable.... ;-0

@Amyl219 my surgery is July 16th as well!