Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey July Sleevers!

I'm not sure yet what my pre-op diet will be. I have my pre-op appointment with my surgeon two weeks before my surgery, so I'm thinking he'll put me on a pre-op diet then.

July 7 at Jerusalem in Mexico. I'm just worried. Will my sleep apnea cause me complications? Still researching and praying.

I'm doing a trial run of the liquid diet today. I figured if I can try it out and see how I might feel, I'll take some of the anxiety out of it. So far today I've had a coffee and one of the RTD Protein Shakes from Trader Joe's. I'm going to do another shake for lunch and some veggie broth and Greek yogurt for dinner. I can tell I'm already not drinking enough Water so I'll have to step that up.

I was may 28 but it was moved to July 2. :)

You are a day before me... who is your surgeon?

July 7 at Jerusalem in Mexico. I'm just worried. Will my sleep apnea cause me complications? Still researching and praying.

Hi mizzliz, I am having mine with Dr. Almanza, too. I am the week before you - too bad we will miss each other!

Hi everyone! I just joined VST. I'm scheduled to be sleeved on July 3rd. I'm nervous and excited. Can you all share what your pre op diet is? I've been browsing these forums for weeks and I haven't seen anyone with as a restrictive pre op diet as I will be on, which will be Clear liquids for THREE WEEKS. :( I'm super anxious about this and have a really hard time controlling my stress eating lately. Anyone else anxious about the pre op?

Hi Mama... we are being sleeved the same day! yay for us! That is a long pre-op diet, but you can do it!!! :)

Nabird- really looking forward to having someone who is going through this at the same time! What's your pre op diet like? Thanks for the positivity. Today my trial run pretty much sucked. Lol I made it till 11:45 :(. I think though that I'm going to start doing a shake for Breakfast and then next week try subbing another meal for a shake so it's not so drastic. I'm really just trying to proactive and problem solve here.

That's fine you can tell me what to expect...

Hi mizzliz, I am having mine with Dr. Almanza, too. I am the week before you - too bad we will miss each other!

I have a tentative date of July 23 for surgery in Arkansas here. I have insurance approval and will go for an appointment with the surgeon on May 30 so they will confirm the date then. I am excited and nervous. I am going to start a new job on the 4th and really hope I am not too weak after the surgery to do well at my job. I do human resources, so it is sit-down work most of the time. I can't wait!!!

My surgery date is July 2nd!! Hudson Valley NY at ORMC

My preop diet is 2 weeks long. Protein shake for breakfast and lunch. snack - a peice of fruit. dinner is 3-4 oz of lean meat (chicken, turkey, fish) 1 cup of steamed veg.1 bowl salad with low cal, low carb dressing. Lots of water! I really can't complain about my pre op diet. It is doable and much easier than a strict liquid diet that I see many people having to do. My Dr. also recommends walking atleast 30 minutes a day. He also wants me to start my multi Vitamins and mineral suppliments daily.

Anyone venture into Protein shake territory yet? I've tried a couple and I'll tell you how it's gone so far. I'm trying to stay away from artificial sweetener as much as possible so I've tried the Jay Robb brand egg and whey Protein samples.

The first one I tried was the chocolate egg protein and was absolutely undrinkable. I mixed it with 6 oz of 1% milk and some ice cubes in a blender ball cup. It had a weird salty flavor and after 2 sips down the drain it went. On a scale of 1-10 it gets a 0.

The next one was the chocolate whey sample and it was actually pretty good! I mixed it the same as the egg one and it had a flavor kind of like a McDonalds milkshake with very little aftertaste and no texture weirdness. Pleasantly surprised! It gets an 8.

I also tried the Premier Protein RTD from Trader Joes. It was ok. It had a not great sweetener taste and I had to drink it with a straw because it was too thick to come out of the can well. I'd give it a 6.

We went to Coatco this past weekend and I got Muscle Milk and the other one they sell that I can't think of the name right now. I'll let you know how it goes after I try them! In the meantime, please post your suggestions!

Hi Starshine,

I've only tried Muscle Milk, chocolate so far and I actually like it a lot. I have a personal blender called the Big Boss. I mix it with Water and ice. I haven't tried it with milk yet. I havent tried the pre mixed ones yet either. I really don't want to go buying all kinds before my surgery because they say your tastes changes anyhow. Afterwards I was thinking of buying a few pre made and if I like them I will buy it in the powdered form. However I am going to buy the Unjury unflavored Protein that you can mix in anything and their chicken broth that everyone seems to like post op.

I've had Muscle Milk in the past and I really like it. I also plan to order the Unjury.< /p>

I just ordered the unjury sample pack. I'll let you know what flavors I like

I ordered one too - supposed to arrive tomorrow.

-- I'm also a July Sleever - July 2nd - Dr Brown @ Kettering Bariatric in Dayton Ohio. I'm excited but mostly nervous lol . Can't wait till my birthday.. Want to get past the hard stuff and look back at the good progress I've made.

Currently on a Protein shake fast till July 2nd. Hopefully I can make it... So far on day 2.