Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wine And Whine Wednesday!

It's Wine and Whine Wednesday boys and girls! Time to b*tch, gripe, and moan about whatever is eating you, or maybe whatever you're eating ;-)

Today I'm irritated that Steve is so unhappy. He won't let me eat so much as a yogurt and hasn't in several days, so I've essentially been surviving on liquids and a few little nibbles a day since about Friday. And on top of that, I'm freaking stalled... AGAIN! I went from being stalled at 237 to now being stalled at 225, and I am yo-yo'ing between 225 and 230 right now. I know it will pass and I know it's normal, but added to the fact that I can't even up my calories or Protein to try and break it and it's just irritating.

ETA: Oh, and if this chick in my office doesn't stop asking me how I am and how much weight I've lost every.single.time she passes me (several times daily) and in that falsely friendly voice I'm going to effing scream!

Here's to Campbell's for breakfast!

I'm not sure if this a b***h or a rant. But, here goes. So, I'm leaving my job and changing careers in June. This has been planned for over a year, and I'm scared to death of the big test coming up. I have faith that I'll pass it, but it's 8-hours worth of testing....even in college I never endured 8-straight hours of testing.

As for career change, I'm going back to where I started, but this time I'll be the owner and not a worker bee. If I decided to stay in my current career there would be no chance of movement because only the clique gets hired. Or as I was told yesterday...the best. WTF, really? It looks like ya'll are just hiring your friends and no one else!

It's Wine and Whine Wednesday boys and girls! Time to b*tch, gripe, and moan about whatever is eating you, or maybe whatever you're eating ;-)

Today I'm irritated that Steve is so unhappy. He won't let me eat so much as a yogurt and hasn't in several days, so I've essentially been surviving on liquids and a few little nibbles a day since about Friday. And on top of that, I'm freaking stalled... AGAIN! I went from being stalled at 237 to now being stalled at 225, and I am yo-yo'ing between 225 and 230 right now. I know it will pass and I know it's normal, but added to the fact that I can't even up my calories or Protein to try and break it and it's just irritating.

ETA: Oh, and if this chick in my office doesn't stop asking me how I am and how much weight I've lost every.single.time she passes me (several times daily) and in that falsely friendly voice I'm going to effing scream!

Here's to Campbell's for breakfast!

Stalls suck. You need to either trip that b*tch in the hall as you pass her, or just politely say, "Thanks for asking, but no need. I'll be sure to give you an update next time something significant happens."

I'm not sure if this a b***h or a rant. But, here goes. So, I'm leaving my job and changing careers in June. This has been planned for over a year, and I'm scared to death of the big test coming up. I have faith that I'll pass it, but it's 8-hours worth of testing....even in college I never endured 8-straight hours of testing.

As for career change, I'm going back to where I started, but this time I'll be the owner and not a worker bee. If I decided to stay in my current career there would be no chance of movement because only the clique gets hired. Or as I was told yesterday...the best. WTF, really? It looks like ya'll are just hiring your friends and no one else!

Be calm, be confident, and be happy you soon won't have to work with the girls' club anymore. Good luck!

My FIL in in surgery this am and yesterday was a horrible day for me regarding food. I had a very low food intake due to seeing clients etc., my son was suppose to go pick up a pizza and costco and when I got home, he still hadn't gone, nor mention it too me when I came in the door. I was so frustrated I went to an old emotional place and started eating whatever was in sight. Yep! That sucked. Finally when the pizza came, I only ate 25% of the bread and the rest was the topping, which was a high fat Protein deal. I felt horrible all night. Couple hours later I took a drink of Water and that wasn't a happy deal either, I was still full. Oh to top it off, my sons girl friend bought me so Cadbury mini eggs! I just want to scream right now! I am screaming quietly right now! LOL ;) That's my rant!

Here's my rant... 3 yrs ago my ortho doc told me to lose weight so I could get my knees done or I'd be in a wheelchair. So, ok, then came menopause, countless failed diets, etc, and finally the sleeve in Jan. Between dieting and the sleeve, I'm down 82 pounds. Yes, I still have a lot to go, but when I saw him the other day, he looked at me warily and said, "So, I see nothing's changed." I told him I had the surgery and how much I had lost. He looked shocked. Then, in the course of our 20 min conversation, he must have lectured me for 15 of it about how I can't just lose the weight and gain it back, about how I have to change my habits, about how I can't go to restaurants anymore, about how I have to take it seriously, etc. I told him I thought that having 85 percent of my stomach removed showed a pretty serious committment. I walked out of there resolved to find a new doctor. BUT... and oh, I hate myself for this, he has gotten into my head. All I've wanted to do is eat since then, feeling like I'm doomed to fail. I walked in feeling good and positive, walked out feeling doomed. Yes, I know, time for therapy. The only "revenge" I get is that knee replacement is a very profitable enterprise for him, and I'm taking BOTH my bad knees to another surgeon. Meanwhile, I'm trying to shake it off and get back to my happy place.

Stalls suck. You need to either trip that b*tch in the hall as you pass her, or just politely say, "Thanks for asking, but no need. I'll be sure to give you an update next time something significant happens."

You can always tell your co-worker that you are stalled but you are sure when you take a big **** a couple of pounds will come off and you can keep her posted, hee hee

My FIL in in surgery this am and yesterday was a horrible day for me regarding food. I had a very low food intake due to seeing clients etc., my son was suppose to go pick up a pizza and costco and when I got home, he still hadn't gone, nor mention it too me when I came in the door. I was so frustrated I went to an old emotional place and started eating whatever was in sight. Yep! That sucked. Finally when the pizza came, I only ate 25% of the bread and the rest was the topping, which was a high fat Protein deal. I felt horrible all night. Couple hours later I took a drink of Water and that wasn't a happy deal either, I was still full. Oh to top it off, my sons girl friend bought me so Cadbury mini eggs! I just want to scream right now! I am screaming quietly right now! LOL ;) That's my rant!

We all have those days. Luckily, they end when we go to bed!

UGH!!! Stuck between 206 and 208 - back and forth back and forth for the last week and half!! Really already and it seems to have started when I started eating real food again. I don't even really want to eat but apparently I am suppose to!!

I know it will move again and I don't really want to lose it all really fast, but that stupid pound a day thing right after surgery really kinda got addicting! LOL!

Thanks for the vent! :P

I got nothin' but good news to write about sleeve wise this week, see my posts about exercising and recent lab tests.

Having the opportunity to vent though I have to ask about an NON VSG subject.

I've only ever belong to one "gym", it's an adult wellness center the city has (they used to be called senior centers but that's not PC :) ).

So here goes; does every gym seem to have an over abundance of stupid, selfish, dirty, self centered people? I am shocked at behavior I see nearly every time I go.

3 times now I've seen small smears of fecal matter on seating, once on the bench, once on a chair and another in the shower on the fold down seat. First of all don't people wipe any more? Don't they have enough brains to sit on a towel? And why fold the shower seat up to hide your mistake, why not use the provided body wash and clean up your mistake?

Quite a few times I've walked into a shower room - which is a big private bath room, sink, toilet and walk in shower - and been resented with a massively plugged up toilet, and they ALL have plungers sitting right next to them. Are people actually that nasty that they not only can't clean up after themselves but actually leave this for others to see and not at least report it to the staff?

4 times, count 'em 4 - I've found mens underpants abandoned in the shower room. Is actually that easy to forget your underwhorts? I mean wouldn't you kind of start chaffing and have the thought spring to mind "Geez, somethings not right down there."?

I don't know how many times I've been stuck next to a guy who takes his royal time and spreads his stuff out all over the benches. Do you really need 8 linear feet of space to spread your stuff out on? I keep all my stuff right next to me and get in and out as fast as I can. I've been left standing there waiting on several occasions as some goofus insists on hogging the bench. Oh and by the way SHOES GO ON THE FLOOR - NOT THE BENCH. Every thing you stepped in is on the soles of your shoes and will transfer to to the bench so put them on the floor.

Freakin' clean up after your self, woudja? If you insist on grabbing a few paper towels to stand on to keep from getting athletes foot then PICK THEM UP AFTER YOUR DONE. I see who does this and resent the fact that that you leave them laying around. Oh, and the new equipment you just bought and brought in? If you insist on unpackaging it right there in the locker room then through the packaging away, don't leave it on the bench.

While swimming we sometimes have to share lanes, that is 2 (or more) people swimming in a lane designed for one. You CANNOT expect to take a lazy back stroke and take 80% of the lane to yourself then. You need to keep on YOUR side of the lane. Just because you WANT to swim the breast stroke or side stroke does not give you the permission to hog the lane. If you're sharing please be considerate of others. I've actually been hit, scratched and kicked from people, even by some who insist on doing the side stroke while swimming right on the lane marker and putting their limbs in the NEXT swim lane- MINE. Stay the hell in the center wouldja?

Sorry for the vent, it just aggravates the hell out of me to see this nearly every day. You would think grown up seniors would have more sense.

UGH!!! Stuck between 206 and 208 - back and forth back and forth for the last week and half!! Really already and it seems to have started when I started eating real food again. I don't even really want to eat but apparently I am suppose to!!

I know it will move again and I don't really want to lose it all really fast, but that stupid pound a day thing right after surgery really kinda got addicting! LOL!

Thanks for the vent! :P

I am stuck at 205!!! I wanna be in onederland sooooo bad! The darn scale barely has moved this week. So frustrated but I know that it will go down...with time and I will get there.............are we there yet??? lol

Rootman ~ I'm right with you. In fact I won't go into any pools because of the fecal matter stuff left everywhere. It's discussing. I hate when the man that I rent office space from leaves fecal matter on the toilet seat. It's so discussing. There you go, this is my rant too! LOL

3 times now I've seen small smears of fecal matter on seating, once on the bench, once on a chair and another in the shower on the fold down seat. First of all don't people wipe any more? Don't they have enough brains to sit on a towel? And why fold the shower seat up to hide your mistake, why not use the provided body wash and clean up your mistake?

Rootman ~ I'm right with you. In fact I won't go into any pools because of the fecal matter stuff left everywhere. It's discussing. I hate when the man that I rent office space from leaves fecal matter on the toilet seat. It's so discussing. There you go, this is my rant too! LOL

First of all EWWWWWW! Disgusting! WTF is wrong with people? I'd hate to see their homes.

And second of all - I probably should have refrained from reading this post while getting my afternoon SF chocolate fix. On a side note, I hated chocolate pre-op, wtf?

oh gross!

I am stuck at 205!!! I wanna be in onederland sooooo bad! The darn scale barely has moved this week. So frustrated but I know that it will go down...with time and I will get there.............are we there yet??? lol

LOL - that is exactly what I think each time I get on the scale...."Are we there yet?" Hopefully we will hit it together Iliana!!