Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Water...came back up this morning!

I drank Water this morning and I did drink it pretty fast and next thing I know I had pressure and slight pain in my chest. To relieve that, I had to allow it to come back up. Has this ever happen to anyone??

Yup, lotsa folks are tighter in the mornings. Start your day sipping something warm, that should help. Does this tight band last all day? Did something else happen to cause swelling? What's your fill level? It's really helpful to me (others) if you have some band info in your sig...so i know how long you have been banded, how much fill you have and when, your weight, etc. Especially when you ask a question about something that concerns you. More info please! LOL Or, you are just tight in the mornings. Now that you know this (and oh too well, huh?) don't drink too fast!

Did you just have a fill? If you can't get Water down easily, the band is too tight.

Yes, the majority of time I am tighter in the morning. However, it can reverse to the evenings on occassions. Nothing else happened, I just drank Water, pretty fast and I guess my band did not like it, but I have drank Water fast before and never had this problem. I usuallly drink 64oz before I get to work by 6:30 am ET. I was banded April 2006 and my current total fill amount is 1.6 cc in a 4cc band. Just thought, I am on my cycle and that just might be it. Cramps.:angry

Yup, lotsa folks are tighter in the mornings. Start your day sipping something warm, that should help. Does this tight band last all day? Did something else happen to cause swelling? What's your fill level? It's really helpful to me (others) if you have some band info in your sig...so i know how long you have been banded, how much fill you have and when, your weight, etc. Especially when you ask a question about something that concerns you. More info please! LOL Or, you are just tight in the mornings. Now that you know this (and oh too well, huh?) don't drink too fast!

I had that happen once, I bet I wasn't three months out yet and drank a gulp of coffee. It was not down when it was back up and out! Lucky for me I happen to be standing over the sink at the time! But that is the only time I ever had that.

Yes, that happens occassionally. If I drink Water too fast and cold, it comes back up. I had a couple of weeks where I couldn't tolerate coffee in the morning. (I like my coffee strong). I am extremely sensitive to heat and when its hot I have to be careful to take small drinks of Water that is just slightly chilled, not cold.

I have had a very stressful week and as I am drinking coffee this morning, I can hear it going down. Slowly.

Sorry about the center alignment on this. I don't know what happened.

Over time, you will find many new things out concerning your band, your body, stress, etc. This is all part of the journey. And I think it makes us more aware than non-bandsters.

Good luck. Celeste