Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wow, This Is Really Going To Happen!

I had my pre op appointment this morning! Labs and tour of the surgerical facility, went over the game plan and met with the surgeron. I lost 10 pounds on my pre-op diet and my tummy went down a little bit yay!!. I'm so excited yet so nervous. This is really happening, all set for Tuesday at 5:30am. My parents and surgeon are really excited for me. I'm 25 years old and BMI is 58.5, it's time I take back my life and start living again. Can't wait to start my new life :)

Hello Mstx :) I'm praying all goes smoothly with your surgery!!! Your new life is about to begin, and I will enjoy watching your progress.

Best!!

Thank you MissDiva, I can't wait to share my progess!

Congratulations hun good luck with everything. You and I are the same age and would love to know how things are going

Congratulations!!! Best wishes and a speedy recovery to you!!! How did you do with the preop liquid diet? Did you have to do 2 weeks? Mind sharing what you did to get through? My preop visit is on April 13 (FRIDAY) :unsure: and I am assuming they will want me to start that Saturday or Monday ~ My family has already discussed the "LAST SUPPER" ~ We're having Thanksgiving in April :) and then it's off to the new me!!!

Thank you ladies! @VSG30815 I'm not going to lie, the pre op diet is challenging. Mine is Protein Shake for Breakfast and lunch and for dinner a palm sized meal. Water in between. It's all mental really. I started this past weekend (suppose to do 2 weeks but I got derailed the first week :( ) and I've lost 10 pounds and my tummy has shrank a little bit (surgeon says thats a good sign that the liver will be good). What has helped me when I was wanting to eat a snack is sugar free Jello. I also used straws to drink water and the Protein shake (EAS Advantedge Chocolate) which help me savor it more. The first 3 days are the hardest but then your body gets used to it and you feel less hunger and more full. One of my mentors told me no matter how much it sucks and you want to go run to Mcdonalds and get something you don't need sticking to the diet as much as possible is worth it. Last thing you want to happen is get on the table and your surgeon say no go because your liver is too big. Unforuantely they will know you did what you were suppose to do or not, that's what motivated me to stick to the plan. I'm terrified of being that person that has to reschedule. Good luck to you on your surgery :)

I had my pre op appointment this morning! Labs and tour of the surgerical facility, went over the game plan and met with the surgeron. I lost 10 pounds on my pre-op diet and my tummy went down a little bit yay!!. I'm so excited yet so nervous. This is really happening, all set for Tuesday at 5:30am. My parents and surgeon are really excited for me. I'm 25 years old and BMI is 58.5, it's time I take back my life and start living again. Can't wait to start my new life :)

Are you at Foundation Surgical? Who is your surgeon??

Woo hoo, I am happy for you! Best of luck with your recovery :D

Thank you :) I will be having my procedure done at Foundations Surgical Center with Dr. Gonzalez

Thank you :) I will be having my procedure done at Foundations Surgical Center with Dr. Gonzalez

You will love Foundation Surgical, I definitely did. I hope you get David as your night nurse he was so sweet and caring. Good luck!!

Thanks Liberated! It was such a nice facility and excited to be staying there.

Good luck and thanks for sharing your motivating factors for getting through the 2 week liquid diet. I am definitely taking notes because I know that it will be the hardest thing that I have to do!

I look forward to reading about your experience!!!

Good luck and thanks for sharing your motivating factors for getting through the 2 week liquid diet. I am definitely taking notes because I know that it will be the hardest thing that I have to do!

I look forward to reading about your experience!!!

Thank you so much, can't wait to see my progress!

Ahhh, how exciting! Mine is set for Monday, but they don't let me find out what time until 2pm today....tik tok tik tok, all I keep doing is watching the clock at work. Good luck to you!!!!

Ahhh' date=' how exciting! Mine is set for Monday, but they don't let me find out what time until 2pm today....tik tok tik tok, all I keep doing is watching the clock at work. Good luck to you!!!![/quote']

Thanks you too!