Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Could Any One Give Me A Diet For One Day?

i need help in my diet

im 2 months post sleeve

im not eating a really meal in 30 minutes

im only eating bites all the day from here and there

so no meals

plz some one give me an example for Breakfast, lunch, dinner and what is between meals

thanks alot

Sally, I suggest that you sign up for My Fitness Pal. I'm on there as Lissa912 and I keep my food diary open to my friends to see. I'm a good bit further out than you, but you're welcome to look through there and see what I eat daily. I think that's a better indicator than just posting a daily menu, although I will give you and example of mine here.

Wake up: Mini Babybel Light cheese (I can't take Vitamins on an empty sleeve)

Breakfast: Either a Premier Protein bar or 1 egg with 1 sausage

Lunch: Protein and veggie (usually leftovers)

Dinner: stir fry made from a small steak, chicken breast or shrimp, with a few bites of veggies

Snack: If I'm hungry I'll have fruit or a skinny cow ice cream. I've been trying to make it fruit now.

Around half an hour before I work out, I'll have a banana or a mini thin Peanut Butter sandwich. This is a new add-on for me, but otherwise I dont have the energy to finish my half hour on the bike.

I'm 3 1/2 months post-op.

Breakfast: 8 oz. unsweetened vanilla almond milk with 1 scoop Isopure Dutch chocolate.

Mid-morning: 5 oz. Greek yogurt with 2 oz. berries. If I'm busy, I skip this and have a cup of coffee with 2% milk.

Lunch: 2 - 3 oz. of left-over dinner.

Dinner: 2 - 3 oz. Protein with a bit of veg.

Dessert: 1 Atkins bar.

My diet usually consists of this:

Breakfast - 1 EAS Advantedge Carb Controll Protein Drink

lunch - A low cal Lein Cuisine (usually with chicken for protein)

Mid afternoon snack - 1 Weight Watchers String cheese (mozzarella)

dinner - 4 oz chicken Breast with teriyaki sauce

Works for me! :)

I'm almost a year out, and my advice is do what feels right for your body. At your stage, I couldn't eat much, either--bites, as you say, at a time. I never could get the hang of eating a "meal." My sleeve is too restrictive for that, really. Even now, I eat what I call "mini-meals" through the day. I do not low-carb; I do not calorie count. Because my sleeve is the way it is, that has worked for me--it may not work for a lot of people. And I might have had even better results if I did that kind of thing, but there ya go; my body, my decision. :-)

Sample mini-meals (I do NOT eat all of this in one day! I'll have maybe five mini-meals through the course of a day):

1. 1/2 a Protein bar.

2. 1/2 a whole-grain cookie (I'm thiamine deficient and these are physician recommended)

3. 3 or 4 boiled shrimp with cocktail sauce.

4. 1 c. salad--lettuce, Tomato, cucumber, whatever, plus a vinaigrette-type dressing (sleeve can't tolerate mayo!) and 1 TBS feta cheese

5. A few bites of gyro meat dipped in hummus--this is a new food for me this month, as prior to this, my sleeve would not tolerate meat very well--and I'm almost a year out!!

6. A couple of crackers with cheese (brie, pimento cheese, cheddar, whatever we have handy) or hummus or Peanut Butter

7. Six corn chips made into nachos with very little cheese and a few jalapeno cubes--I usually put light sour cream on top to help with the moisture factor

8. Veggies! 1/4 c. to 1/2 c. of whatever I have in the fridge--currently roast brussels sprouts, roasted carrots, roasted beets, grilled asparagus, fresh tomatoes, sauteed chard. I tend to roast a batch and eat on them for a few days.

9. Frozen yogurt from Red Mango--I get a small bit, add some flax-seed granola, and enjoy.

10. Couple of tablespoons of nut/cranberry mix.

11. Soup! Still a favorite, especially when we go out. I try to aim for less fattening ones (vegetable beef) or something filling like chili instead of cream-based ones or potato Soup.

12. BelVita breakfast cookies--2 of the pack of 4 Cookies swirled into 1/2 a container of Greek yogurt--tastes like dessert and is actually healthy!

13. Fruit! 1/4 or 1/2 c of whatever I feel like having--usually citrus or melon, since I still have a serious citrus craving! I can't do apples, pineapple, banana, or mango (my sleeve hates them!), and strawberries are a hit or miss--sometimes they're fine, sometimes they're not.

14. 3 slices of bacon. Don't judge. LOL that's a meal.

That pretty much sums up my eating. Small, frequent meals of whatever my body is craving. The BIG DEAL is that now, because of my sleeve, I actually do listen to my body, and I cannot physically overeat--I've learned to stop when I'm not hungry any more as opposed to when I'm full--that's a HUGE DIFFERENCE, and it's all due to my sleeve.

OMG! Meg ~ you have done really great! Do you have any new pics for us? Would love to see the new you. You are a success. Congrats! ;)

Keep in mind that bites are meals now. And sometimes you will be able to eat more bites than others.

Are you having a tough time breaking away from your mental concepts of what a meal is? That can be tough. With my band, I had to take a visual tactic and use saucers vs plates, baby spoons, etc. for the first few months.

My diet now won't help you (I'm lucky to eat 5 bites of food all day), but I was just talking to someone with a sleeve that I ran into at a supplement store. She is a year out and here's what she told me she typically eats:

Breakfast: 1 egg, 1/3 piece whole grain toast with butter spread.

AM snack: half Protein bar.

Lunch: About 1/2 C of cottage cheese/cucumber/tomato/tuna salad.

PM snack: small handful of nuts or half an apple, or a handful of grapes.

Dinner: 2 chicken tenderloins with a few bites of vegetable.

After dinner: Protein shake (for dessert), or half Protein Bar, or Protein ice cream.

I'm almost 3 months PO. Here is today's food eaten slowly over the day. I don't have set, strict meal times. It works for me. I eat when I get hungry.

6 oz Greek yogurt with fruit - sometimes I have 3 oz of cottage cheese instead.

4 large strawberries on a bed of greens (arugula, radicchio, spinach, etc.)

2 oz. of quinoa with sauteed onions and peppers

4oz of chicken meatballs

2or 3 oz of cheese (today is swiss and baby bell light)

12 roasted almonds

For dinner I might have 3-4 oz of salmon and some broccoli.