Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Congrats. I am 6 days post op and sugar free pop sicciles are my fav. I sip Water all day, sugar free crystal light, broth, Jello. Its pretty boring so far but it will get better. Good luck.

I did a lot of V8 for a couple of days

Diet V8 Splash, Fuze Slenderize, Propel Zero Fitness Water, SF Jello, SF popsicles

Thanks for the suggestions! About to begin preop diet and just curious about what others are drinking.

I'm a week out today. My best Fluid intake still comes from ice chips. I can only do a few small sips of Water but I can chomp on ice chips all night long. Some flavor is nice on occasion. Tonight I'm going to try blenderizing it with some peach Mio and a few canned, no sugar added peaches (hate Crystal Light) and see if I can come up with something Italian Ice-ish.

I like Jello but it is still too filling, I can only eat a tbl or so.

I've been slowly slurping a Peanut Butter cup Protein drink (2 scoops chocolate Protein, 1 tbl PB2, 2 ice cubes, 1/2 C FF milk, 1/2 C light soymilk, 1/2 pump SF chocolate Syrup, 1/2 pump SF PB syrup) over ice for the last 10 mins. I'm probably about 2 oz down so far, but I have all day. :)

This is my 2nd bariatric surgery and I discovered egg drop Soup the first time around. It's savory, has really good protein, and it's basically broth so it counts toward your Fluid intake - as long as you're OKed for small bits of soft egg (like skin thin). You can add some unflavored Protein powder if desired, just dissolve in warm Water first. You can also add some soft (silken) tofu for a bit more texture.

I make enough to last, but you can easily halve or quarter this:

4 C chicken or vegetable stock

1 tbl + 1 tsp corn starch

2 - 4 lg eggs

Salt or soy sauce

(I like to infuse some ginger and lemongrass using a tea infuser during the initial simmer, but that's completely optional)

Simmer stock on medium low for 20 minutes. Add salt or soy sauce to taste. Remove about 1/4 C of the hot stock to a separate bowl and mix with 1 tbl corn starch until dissolved, then whisk back in to pot. In a separate bowl whisk together eggs and remaining tsp of corn starch. When the stock is barely simmering, pour the egg in over the tines of a fork, whisking with your other hand as you pour. Let the egg cook for about 20 seconds before eating.

I absolutely loved tender coconut Water. These are very common in India and there will be a vendor every few hundred meters or so. So I never ran out of these LOL. They are so sweet and delicious!!! :) I also had clear pomogranate juice (without sugar). And other fruit juices with milk.

Most US surgeons prescribe a low carb diet to help maximize the fatloss and focus on Protein. Coconut Water & especially pomegranate juice are higher in carbs than what most diets here include. I assume your surgeons do not follow low-carb diet post-op? Just out of curiosity, what calorie source are you supposed to focus on? Do you have a diet emphasizing protein?

My fav liquids were broths, propel Water and the Protein drinks- you may need to try several until you find ones you like. I ended up using Unjury, strawberry and unflavored. Good luck! The road gets much easier to travel soon!

Do you have a Trader Joes near? They have a latin style black bean Soup that is in the cartons like the broth ( same area in the store too) that is to die for...soooo good! I started drinking that 1 week out. I still like it but add Beans and vegies now.

Most US surgeons prescribe a low carb diet to help maximize the fatloss and focus on Protein. Coconut Water & especially pomegranate juice are higher in carbs than what most diets here include. I assume your surgeons do not follow low-carb diet post-op? Just out of curiosity, what calorie source are you supposed to focus on? Do you have a diet emphasizing Protein?

The tender coconut Water was one of my favs during liquid phase (which covered 3 weeks). One cup of tender coconut water has 46 calories and 8g carbs. This was one of the liquid diet items suggested by my surgeon. Considering we get in very less amounts of calories during Clear liquids (I barely managed 400 - out of which 200 came from my protein shakes), I think the carb in coconut water is not a lot. But I'll have to ask my surgeon about how much we can consume a day - I'm curious now :)

Ofcourse my surgeon's diet plan emphasizes protein -- I take almost 65 to 80g protein a day (mostly from Protein shakes and fish/chicken). But I think it is very difficult to achieve protein reqmts during clear liquid stages.