Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Please Help Im Post Op 5 Days

I'm so exhausted feel like I'm floating on another world. I've been drinking holding down Water g2 and popsicles. But I have never in my life felt so bad! It takes every bit of me to get up and pee! I have 2 Small Children and thank God I have a wonderful family to help me take care of them! I'm wish I would never have done thus. Anyone else feel this bad and what helps? I feel disoriented and confuesed!

You need some Protein. I went and go some Liquid Protein from Walmart, it isn't top quality but it helps.Mix it with some Water . Rest, take your meds , or try not taking your meds, that could be doing it to you too. Are you walking at all ? I am 4 days post op and am doing well. I felt like you do for three days and once I got some liquid protein I felt MUCH better. Hope it helps and I hope you do better !!!! Huggs

Thank u for replying. I've walked quit a bit I was in hospital for the first 3 days. I was doing good I thought now I'm home 6 hr's away from my Dr. and feel like I'm crazy or something. I had some Isopure. I'm only talking pepcid. I'm not having pain. Ill try more Protein and see if that helps! I'm glad ur doing good tho! I guess all I can do at this point is get better!

I'm so exhausted feel like I'm floating on another world. I've been drinking holding down Water g2 and popsicles. But I have never in my life felt so bad! It takes every bit of me to get up and pee! I have 2 Small Children and thank God I have a wonderful family to help me take care of them! I'm wish I would never have done thus. Anyone else feel this bad and what helps? I feel disoriented and confuesed!

If you have a GNC near you I would try Isopure. It's 40grams of Protein, in 20oz liquid the consistency of Water. Alpine punch is the best flavor IMO, but there's also pineapple banana, grape and one blue one I can't remember but I think it's some kind of raspberry. Good luck for sure. Be good to yourself and trust you'll get your energy back. I'm almost four weeks post op and vacuumed yesterday. Slowly but surely, you'll start to feel normal again. At least that's what I hear everyone saying:)

Sent from my iPad using VST

i'm so very sorry you are feeling like this. no one should feel this cruddy. Glad you do have this great support of people to help with the kids etc. Thats really a big deal

others have mentioned they wish they had never had this surgery. I never understand what they mean. Help me ok.

Do you mean you just wish you didn;'t have surgery cuz you feel sick, tired, hurt sick etc.- period, cuz i understand that, how terrible - or do you mean you wish you never had this particular surgery WLS?

I hope its the 1rst situation, not the 2nd. the WLS journey hopefully will go well, great, no other problems - and you wll be on your journey to success..

it unfortunately might take a little time, but you will get there, i know it. take care

hope you feel better soon

best wishes

kathy

Well Its just this feeling of lost and no energy. Week and numb! If that's makes ant sense! Ill prob be loving it when this passing but right now I just want to be normal!

I had my WLS last week on Wednesday. My doctor was very clear that if I were to begin feeling weak I should begin drinking Water (1 oz at a time) 4 ozs per hour and get in some Protein at the same rate. You could be dehydrated. Did you do a pre-op liquid diet?

Fassidcc4-

I had my surgery same date as you. Why oh why am i hungry ???

I've had the same feeling, exhausted and can't seem to get all my liquid ,protein or food down. But each day does get better. It's just going to take time and work.

I also had my surgery on Wednesday. I felt really awful for 3 days. I stopped the meds and feel so much better today.

Hope you feel better soon!!!!!!!

OK 5 days today and have been feeling decent alll day. Now all of a sudden over the course of an hour I am real bloated a little nauseated and pretty weak.???? WTHeck ? Any ideas ?

Yes I had a week of liquids before surgery! I do feel hunger ill eat low-fat cream of chicken Soup or popsicles. But alot of it is in my head I guess! I know this all will pass and I'm going to my week follow up Wed so maybe if I could do anything better or different!

This is typical. I got exhausted just showering. It took 3-4 weeks to feel Good. I still get tired. Im 5 weeks out.I'm finally not having waves of exhaustion. Drink drink drink. Get your Protein and you'll do great. Good luck

Thank u all for advice! I'm feeling somewhat better! The Dr said I needed to eat some bannanas and small amount of potatoes. I got some down with a Protein Shake and g2! I just hope each day keeps getting better from here. I've lost 14lbs so far good start for a week! Thanks again for responding!