Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was sleeved on 3/26 and I am miserable. I am constantly hungry, really hungry and I never get a full feeling. I cant imagine that I can do this for another week and a half. I am on fluids, Protein Shakes and yogurt, but nothing helps. Is it suppose to be this way/

I know what you're talking about! I was sleeved on the 7th and I'm in mushies now. About 2 hours after I eat I get really hungry. I tried ignoring it for an hour thinking it was all in my head, drank a bottle of Water, but it just got worse! I don't understand. I was told I wouldn't feel hunger anymore. Someone lied.

I feel the same way. I'm on full liquids now. I don't know how I will do this for another week. I too thought the sleeve took away your hunger. Please someone, tell me it will get better!!

Are any of you taking anything like prevacid or nexium? I heard that even if you do not have the feeling of reflux or heartburn that the hunger pains can be caused from excess acid in the stomach. The prevacid or nexium type medicines are supposed to quiet that feeling down. That is just what my research has told me. I hope it helps.

I'm on Protonix.

Its what my research has told me too, but I don't know first hand yet.

Protonix uses the same mechanism of action as Nexium and Prilosec (proton pump inhibitors), in other words they slow acid production in the stomach. Some medications and other things can make them work less well (simple things such as some antibiotics), so if you are taking any meds make sure you check with your doctor.

The same thing happened to me, however now that I'm entering my 5th week it is getting better! I do get hungry but also eat a little bit and I'm satisfied soon. I am now eating 3 times a day like I'm supposed to and I'm not starving, It'll get better hang in there!!!

I got sleeved on 3/28, so you're a couple days ahead of me. Hunger hasn't been a problem, but I did feel just a couple pangs of what I knew to be just head hunger and I was able to stave it off. Right now just a couple of small bites of mushy food fills me up uncomfortably so I'm having trouble attaining my doc's proteing goals. Each day is an improvement, tho. Are you able to eat at all? Are you drinking while eating (that can make the food slide on through wthout satisfying). I sure hope it gets better for you.

My doctor told me that feeling hunger sometimes is normal and also to eat every three hours. I am 3-1/2 weeks post op and the hunger was strongest after about 10-14 days post op.

After about day 17 or 18, I really haven't felt much hunger, but I am eating every three or so hours, albeit in very small quantities.

I am starting to believe that the Gherlin hormone has something to do with the hungry feeling, and once it is reduced in the body, the hunger has subsided.

Frankly, I think feeling a little hungry is a normal part of life. The feeling is how our bodies are programmed to remind us to eat.

We should be eating, just in smaller amounts.