Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help With Unflavored Protein!

I need to know what kind of unflavored Protein does not have an after taste. I have not tried it myself but was told by the guy in GNC it was gross. I also need something not so expensive. I want to have protein in my diet during the clear liquid phase.

CAN ANYONE HELP ME?

Here is the thing about GNC. If you buy something there and don't like it, take it back. They take everything back. When it comes to these Protein formulations that we all have to take, everyone is different in what they think is gross and what they don't. Don't take someone elses word for it. Try it. If you don't like it, take it back. In all likelihood, it won't be amazing. It is dependent on if you feel you can stomach it for a little while. Later, you can add it to things like oatmeal and bring your protein up without ever having to taste it again.

I agree with Ivy... try it! GNC's 30 day policy is great! I have not found one that does not have an aftertaste, but the GNC brand one I mix in my yogurt with sugar free Syrup, cinnamon and nutmeg and I can't taste it. I have added it to milk and Water, and you can definitely taste it.

I have not tried it myself, but beneprotein was recommended to me. I want to try it I just haven't had a chance to yet. Apparently it is tasteless and odorless. The amount of Protein is lower however.

I hated them ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But, the one below was the best of the worst. I mixed it into my yogurt and hot chocolate (just be careful with the hot cocoa - if you get it too hot, it will curdle. YUCK!)

http://www.amazon.com/Optimum-Nutrition-100%25-Unflavored-Servings/dp/B005HFNAHI/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1333121768&sr=8-3I

I hated them all, too. One that was tolerable for me, although not unflavored powder, was Isopure ready to drink. Its available at GNC, a little expensive, but 40 grams of Protein per bottle, and it's a clear liquid (for that stage). It leaves a puckery, dry taste in your mouth, but doesn't have a nasty taste going down.

Thank you everybody! This is very helpful and I will try the GNC return policy.

I hated them all, too. One that was tolerable for me, although not unflavored powder, was Isopure ready to drink. Its available at GNC, a little expensive, but 40 grams of Protein per bottle, and it's a clear liquid (for that stage). It leaves a puckery, dry taste in your mouth, but doesn't have a nasty taste going down.

So true about the Isopure! lol It actually tastes pretty good going in but as soon as you exhale, that nasty dry aftertaste slaps you upside the head...lol I've tried the grape, passion fruit, fruit punch and green apple. The green apple was the only one that I could drink and somewhat enjoy. I think the strong sour green apple flavor must distract you from the aftertaste or something. :)

I bought a jar of Syntrax nectar Unflavored to use during clear liquid phase. Just to try it I stirred some into plain yogurt, and it didn't change the taste at all, and barely thickened the texture a little bit. Unfortunately I'm not sure how much I'll be able to use it, as I've completely broken out all over my face and shoulders since starting whey Protein shakes. May have to go hunting for soy unflavored next. Sigh. I've spent a fortunate already on Protein powders that I won't be able to finish.

Anyway, here's a link for the Syntrax: http://www.amazon.com/Syntrax-Nectar-Medical-Unflavored-1-Pound/dp/B001I1NSUY

I know I have spent alot of different flavors so I don't get to bored. I have bought Jello, pudding, gas x strips, crystal light type stuff to put into Water, a small single serving type blender to make pureed foods, broth, and Protein Shots. I know it will last a while but still it gets expensive. Hopefully I will get it all back on money I save on food. I just want to keep m Protein levels up during the clear liquid phase.

What type brothe did you buy and where did you get your Protein shots!

What type brothe did you buy and where did you get your Protein shots!

I just bought regular chicken and beef broth from Walmart. I also got my Protein Shots from walmart. They have several different name brands. I think I paid $10 for 6 in a box. They taste better cold.

Thank you! I hear people talk about the Unjury and wonder that the difference may be.

Thank you! I hear people talk about the Unjury and wonder that the difference may be.

I don't know. I have seen people talk about it also. I bought the shots for the liquid phase. They have 26grams of Protein for a 3 ounce shot.

I use the Unjury, both the unflavored and the chocolate splendor and find it to be very good. The unflavored does not change the taste of anything for me, but does make a thicker consistency. You also have to be careful with the unflavored, as it is very temperature sensitive- cant make it too hot or else it comes out of the solution or mixture and makes clumps.

What about the broth?