Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Austin Bandsters!

I will be banded on August 10th by Dr. Felix Spiegel in Houston, TX. I live in Austin, TX and I am looking to hook up with other bandsters in my area for support, etc. There are talks of a satelite center for pre-ops, fills, and support groups here in Austin through AIGB (I believe) but there is no word when that site will go up. I would love to know where those who live in Austin and are already to the fill stage go to get their fills. Let's get together and celebrate! :clap2:

Hi fellow Texan! I live in Houston and wanted to say Hi! Congratulations on your upcoming surgery! TWO Days to go!!

My advice would be to go to Yahoo Groups and join the Central Tex Bandsters... http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/CenTexBandsters/

While LBT is a great forum, it never hurts to have some local support and to communicate with others about these issues. I'm sure you'll find help with all of your questions.

All the best,

Sounds cool ;)

Best of luck, let us know how your doing as soon as you feel up to it!

Congrats!!!

Nana~

:crytoday is my second full day after surgery, and boy has this been a tough road so far. If I had known then what I know now...at this point I would not do it again. I'm having a terrible time getting rid of gas, so much so that all last night I was vomiting uncontrollably and big pockets or air were coming up...and ocassionally (so sorry) green bile. I called the emergency number for my doc last night and his nurse called in some phenagrin for me...and told me just to keep walking and taking in fluids (which I had been doing all day and the day of surgery). Talk about being terribfied. Of course after of this puking, I can feel the band around my stomach and I asked her is that could be a problem, and she said "your band will be fine, you esphosgus is what I'm worried about...it stretching when you wrech.

I have followed all instructions to a tee, so not sure what has happened, except that I can not belch up the gas for some reason, and I think I have a problem swallowing air when I drink my fluids. I have tried just about every anti-gas product that there is out there, with no success, so now I'm trying a suggestions to drink mint tea.

If any of you have any suggestions, please let me know...so far this has been a VERY unpleasant and painful experience. So much so that I wouldn't encourage anybody to have it done unless medically neccessary. I honestly feel like I have made a mistake, but I"m hoping that feeling will fade once things turn around. It's just that right now what's I've done is feeling a bit drastic to me.

If anyone else has had a similar experience, I would like to know about it and how things have turned out afterwards (I'm so worried about messing up my band and stomach). Thanks in advance!:help:

Wow! Sorry to hear you're having terrible gas pains. Yes, I remember feeling like I can't believe I did this... why did I do this? My pain was mainly in my shoulders, and the heating pad helped the most.

I've heard walking helps a bunch to get rid of the excess gas. You're espohagus is probably swollen from the heaving... take as much Phenegren as they prescribe.

Did they also prescribe liquid codiene? If not, make sure to ask for some.. it will help you rest. Try sleeping in a recliner for a few nights, the slight incline should help some.

All the best,

Karla

Just banded last Thursday in houston. I hate driving down there to go to the doctor, my teacher at this point thinks I am terminally ill! Ugh Plus I hate this liq stage:cool:

Nursceo

I am in Round Rock, looking for Docs. Who did you go to? I am going to a seminar tomorrow put on by Southwest Bariatric Group, Dr. Fass seems to be the most experienced.

I actually used Dr Zapata in Monterrey Mexico. I had a really great experience. I have only lost about 20 pounds, but will be having another fill tomorrow. That will help. The fill doctor I use is in College Station, and she was one of Dr Z's patients several years ago. She is great.

Let me know if you have anymore questions. His website is ø Lap Band Mexico ø

Carrie

Please tell me how you are doing?? My initial consult is next wednesday and your story is sad for me to hear! Hows it going now??

Gean