Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Scared to WASH MY HAIR!

One of the reasons you might be "shedding" so much is the lack of fatty acids (good fat) in your diet. You should try taking a combination of Omega 3's (fish oils) and Omega 6's (Evening primrose oil, flax oil). THis will help your shedding problem, and also has some GREAT "side effects".....they can help speed your metabolism, leading to enhanced weight loss, they will help with dry skin, stabolize your moods, help with pre menstrual pain and mood swings...... All thing I have heard some people are experiencing more frequently with the lap band..... You can these oils in gel capsules, or in bottles in health food stores. I even give flax oil to my two Boxers every night. I am SHOCKED by how much hair they lose if I run out and don't give it to them for a few days....I have white floors, so I really notice!!

I hope this helps!!!

Take care of youself and stay away from your best friend (FOOD!!) :scared:

I looked into the Omega 3 and 6 supplements. I don't think I can manage the size of the capsules - they're huge! Anyone know of Omega 3 and 6 available in smaller caps? I could take 2 or 3 smaller caps but a single HUGE one is too scary. The LAST thing I needs is hours of vomiting fish oil. Not to mention the amount of additional stress THAT would cause! Yikes.

BTW, I haven't lost another huge clump of hair. Lots and lots of single hairs falling out all the heck over the place, but no big clump again - or should I say yet? Jeez.

I went and paid my tuition and bought my books today and if THAT isn't enough to make anyone's hair fall out, I don't know what is!!! LOL

Hey Girl,

Im 2 years post-op.

Just to let you know, last week I got a haircut and kept running my fingers through the back of my hair to feel it, just to see how short/long it was.

I realized something - My hair was so THICK.

Like Leatha said, this will pass - and it will!

We promise.

So dont rush out to buy a wig just yet - I think this means you are on the normal side! :huggie:

Donna, I just went to have my hair cut and colored today and the stylist was showing me where all the new hair is coming in. It takes a while, but it will come back. Hang in there! I agree with NJChick - so long as you're eating your Protein and taking a Multivitamin with Biotin I don't think there's much you can do but wait.

Hey,

I Started Loosing My hair Too, My Doctor Said To Eat About 5 Almonds A Day, I Used To Grind Them Up And Put Them On My salad In About A Week And Half It Stopped. If You Need Anything Else Just Email.

Gwinky

244 Start Weight

168 - Current Weight

:huggie:

RUNNING TO THE PANTRY FOR ALMONDS!!!!!!

If my hair stops falling out in 2 weeks I AM BUYING AN ALMOND FARM! Or at least shares of stock in some almond producing company ! ! ! ! !

Just after I went back on solid food I was having a problem with Constipation (once again I find myself right in the middle of the completely normal range for lapbandsters!) and raw almonds helped with that. I was eating 1/4 of a cup of them every day for awhile but I decided to go off of them when my problem was pretty much resolved, and because those yummy little almonds pack a huge calorie punch!

Honestly, I'm not holding out much hope for this remedy, it seems too easy. 5 almonds? Even bumping it up to 1/4 cup of almonds? No smelly chemical treatments, no foul tasting homeopathic something-or-other! :huggie: Probably, Gwinky, you were just at the end of your Hair loss cycle when the doctor suggested the almond cure, don't you think?

But I'm still trying it! LOL

It's easy to see how people in need can be duped into buying miracle cures, huh? When you feel desperate you'll do or buy anything at any price. So sad.

So, anybody have a ground unicorn horn remedy for weight loss? I hear it really, really works. :huggie:

Donna:

You can break open the capsules and squirt the oil out...I do it ocassionally because I don't like to take the capsules sometimes. There is no taste. The other thing you can do is buy flax oil in bottles from the health food store. Buy cold pressed flax oil, cod liver oil, evening primrose oil...whatever they have. They are all oils with Omegas. Also, add salmon to your diet. Lots of omegas there. The hair loss is normal with a dietary change as drastic as you have had with banding. As your body adjusts, everyone is right, it will stop.....

Charlotte