Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey, for those of you who have paid/are paying by pay pal, where there any extra hidden fees or is it just the cost of your surgery point blank period? If there are no extra fees when using pay pal that sounds alot better than callin in with my card and being chraged an extra 3%... for thousands of dollars. thanks for input in advance. :D

I just paid my $500 deposit by credit card on their website. I am taking a cashiers check for the balance to them on my surgery date. No fees that way.

I paid by Pay Pal....the deposit. and the balance. No extra fees at all. It was super quick and super easy.

Yeah?? see, I think I may go that route!! thank you, ladies!!

Hey, Shannon!! How are you feeling? Is there anything you would have done differently as far as being prepared?

Hey, Shannon!! How are you feeling? Is there anything you would have done differently as far as being prepared?

I'm feeling pretty good for the most part, but YES, there are things that I wish I knew to be better prepared with. In Mexico, they only believe in giving you painkillers every 6-8 hours. BRING YOUR OWN. Ask your Dr. here for some liquid narcotics.....not kidding. I was in a lot of pain, and they refused to give me the "toradol" more often...and that's not even a strong medicine. Also see if you can get a sleep aid, or anxiety pill for your trip. The gas-x strips....don't take them, I swear it makes it worse. Take some flavoring for your Water....straight up Water hurts SO bad to drink. They will give you a form of liquid Maalox...make sure you use it, or bring your own. I used my own Zantac 150 (tiny pills).

For your flight home, be sure and reserve wheel chair assistance. Not only does it get you through the checkpoints a lot faster, but they help with your luggage (and you board before 1st class). Oh, and BRING your own compression socks or stockings for the plane ride....they are a life saver.

I hope this helps. if I can think of anything else, I'll let you know.

Thanks, Shannon!! I'm lookin forward to this trip. I think I'm gonna go with Almanza too!! 2bsmall..it looks like we will just be missing eachother as I will ne leaving when you are comming. Lol!!

I will be there May 7th :(. I cannot wait!!

@2bsmall... Oops, lol. You'll be leaving as I am comming!!I'm comming on May 11th!! I can't wait either!!!

@2bsmall... Oops, lol. You'll be leaving as I am comming!!I'm comming on May 11th!! I can't wait either!!!

Whose your surgeon?

I set up tentative dates with both Almanza and Garcia. I gotta make a definate choise TODAY!! I see u are going with Garcia. Who did u coordinate through?

I set up tentative dates with both Almanza and Garcia. I gotta make a definate choise TODAY!! I see u are going with Garcia. Who did u coordinate through?

I coordinated through Linda at a lighter me. I did the math and after paying for a hotel during the recovery and for a room before surgery because my husband is goind and they said if I had a companion I had to pay for a hotel room I decided to go with Garcia. I have heard nothing but good about Almanza but I am not going to lie the whole clinic in the strip mall kinda scared me. I have not heard of one problem at all that he has had but it just made me uneasy. You just have to go with whoever you are comfortable with. You will know and when you make the decision you will have a peace about you and be ready for the surgery. Good luck and I am sure you will make the right choice for you.