Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have very fine thin hair also so Im concerned also.Im 2 months out on the 10th of this month.I haven't noticed any loss yet but Im so thin on the top already.I do take Biotin and Silica everyday along with my other vitamins.And Im trying to get in 80 grm of Protein whichis what my Dr wants.So good kuck to you as well as all of us.

Hair loss typically begins at the 3 month post op mark. You can loose about 30% of your hair. It will grow back and from my understanding, Biotin and silica help with Hair growth so it could help the hair come back quicker. ;)

I have not had WLS surgery yet so I cannot speak to the post surgery Hair loss that seems to be a result of drastic weight loss except to say that one's new cell growth is diverted from what one's body perceives as nonessential in order to maintain more fundamental functions during the adjustment phase. Hence, this process is, in my opinion, unlike the process of post pregnancy hair loss. From what I undertand during pregnancy one does not lose hair at the non pregnant rate and experiences a boost in new cell growth. So, the hair loss following pregnancy is actually "extra hair" you developed during the pregnancy as your hair volume returns to normal.

I had thining hair to begin with and I did lose a ton of hair!!!! It stinks BUT... at 9 1/2 months out it has definitely stopped falling out AND it's growing back! For me it was totally worth it!!!! I purchased some really nice hair extensions. I had them done at the salon. They're on these little combs and I add one or two, or the full set, as I choose. I can't tell they are in and they help me feel better and more confident. No one can tell I have them on. But again, it was totatlly worth it for me!!! LOL BTW, not everyone loses hair, or as much hair. It just depends. I bet genetics also play a role ... who knows. But you may not lose any or as much.

I just wrote this post last night!!

Hello all! If Anyone on this forum was insanely worried about hair loss it was me. My long blonde hair has always been my thing (especially being the "big girl" all my life) so when I started losing A TON of hair at 4 months out I was so upset. I was crying in the shower daily...... But Nobody could tell the difference, I never developed bald spots, my hair still looked good. I'm at 7 months and happy to report the Hair loss has stopped and I have a half inch of regrowth already. I survived! And I'm 7 pounds from goal- woo! So all you ladies worried about the hair loss-- you will more than likey survive as well!

I lost probably 50%. Started in month 4. Still losing, but has slowed down. No regrowth yet. Tomorrow is my 9 month surgiversary.

Mine started coming out at 4 months too. I think there is regrowth now at almost 10 moths. I have little short hairs that stick up and it is thick at the roots again.

Lynda

My hair started falling out around 4 months post op and didn't really stop until I stopped my rapid weight loss, which was around 10-12 Month post op.

I use GNC brand Biotin, 5,000 mcg, dry capsules. I've tried other varieties but I've found this to work amazing in comparison. It doesn't stop it from falling out, but the regrowth is pretty amazing. It comes back super healthy, thick and shiny. Not only that it works to getting the finger nails strong and healthy too! Bonus!

No telling how you will be affected but it happens to the majority. But, just know it does grow back. I've also never heard of anyone going totally bald. ;)